Holy priest
    Holy Paladin

DPS:
    Survival Hunter
    Assassination Rogue
    Feral Druid
    Assasination Rogue
    Frost mage.

So we have not done it yet. but to everything i read is we need massive aoe ranged and we only have 2 ranged. Is it still possible to do magmaw with 2 ranged?

also just wondering what would you guys suggest with this matchup. doing first 2 of Blackwing descent first or first 2 of bastion of twighlight, thanks

What we do on this fight is: We have our hunter kiting and killing the adds, with having 2 more people standing at range to get the adds spwaning in the range area aswell. All other dps and the healers are standing at the melee place. Seeing you have frost os, you would proberbly do just fine with kiting around the adds so healers arent forced to stand at ranged aswell.

Eventough we only run with 1 melee and the ot dpsing we still like this tactic way more then having to kill all the adds.

My groups currently has the following dps setup: Surv Hunter, Fire Mage, Aff Lock, Ass Rogue, Enh Shaman, and we had a moonkin as well last time we did this fight. The hunter can provide most of the "massive" AoE damage you'll need, and the rogue can use tricks of the trade on him and spam Fan of knives on the adds to help if needed. Make sure the hunter uses his slow trap, and with the mage's and rogues' help you should be fine.

As for positioning, we leave all melee on the boss, the tank's healer close to the tank, and the rest (healers and ranged dps) grouped up moving back and forward from one side of the room to the other to deal with adds.

For progression, I suggest going Omnitron since you'll be right by them, it's an easy fight. What gets them down is watching the shields, and good power generator usage.

Hope this was helpful xD

Honestly it's pretty easy just 2 healing as long as the tanks know when to use CDs. Have you or your priest go DPS.

Edit - Just make sure you wait for the second green phase to push him to 25% or your OT will get squished. It made adds no problem at all with 3 melee and the extra DPS is nice for the final phase.

I think you're not talking about the same boss O.O

@ OP.

You setup lacks strong AOE dmg. Tell your mage to spec fire. If possible have the feral druid ot and let your dk dps, as you stated his OS is frost and frost has nice aoe.

Once adds have spawned, frost trap, give couple of secs for tank to pick it up then blow them up. Get the ranged+healers to move in a group for better coverage on the adds for the tank. If needed pull the rogues off the boss during parasite phase to kill them with FOK.
    Last edited by razr; 01-10-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Our 10 man did magmaw with similarly shitty raid comp:

fire mage (me)
    ass rogue
    ass rogue
    fury war
    shadow priest
    ret palladin

druid tanking

druid/shaman/disc priest healing

When the parsites came, I would immediatly blast wave to get initial agro. The rogues would tricks me, then the war and paladin would do whatever aoe they could. I would throw a blizzard after my blastwave, then scorch down the few straglers while kiting backwards.

Healing was harder since we were one tanking, and the fight probably went longer than it would have if we had better aoe dps, but we had no problems with the parasites.

I will do my first tries tomorrow. It looks pretty nasty, especially the om nom nom phase.
    I am currently decently geared for heroics, ilvl 349 with my stuff reforged into mastery. Is it good enough to tank this boss?

Hi!

We killed him 4 times already with ranged and melee dps groups.

Go with three healers, put your color flags on the ground for ranged + healers to move from one to another every time lava comes.

Previously we've been using aoe dps to get them down with 4 ranged dps which works perfectly fine, on our first kill we used hunter to kite them and rest of dps focus on the boss.

Last time however I just tanked them doing 29k dps as protection warrior while all dps just focus on the boss and do completly nothing to the adds.

So what to do ? If you use two spots on the ground that your ranged players moves to keep all the guys on one of them, and you stand on the second one, there is a chance that he will cast lava on you and they won't have to move at all = more dps. Just thunderclap, rend one of them thunderclap again, shockwave and it goes on and on until you kill them. Focus fire on one target and you will kill him in like 7 seconds with your really high vengeance stacked from all the other adds. remember using victory rush every time u kill one. At the moment it heals me from 40 to 48k instantly and ive done 2.5 mln heal on my own during this fight and i was just 800k behind the healers though.

With your dps on the boss and healer on the main tank and beacon on you magmaw will go down within few minutes. Have fun!

We used this method last night when we were very light on ranged in our raid makeup. Worked like a charm, thanks!

Re: Magmaw Help

Blast wave/flamestrike on the move. Nova if healers pull aggro or someone fails at moving to root them and regain aggro. Assn rogue/fire mage combo 4tw.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..