+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rude Interruption

I do believe I remember GC specifically mentioning (pre-Catal) that THE devs definitely didn't want Revenge to be legt out, stopper, or otherwise feel useless...wonder how that fits in the upcoming patch?

Bel*.

I'd imagine they will buff Revenge. However, unless a change appears on the PTR extremely quickly it would seem like it will simply be reaction rather that pre-emptive.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Interesting thread with a somewhat odd subject line! :-)

So, what about a build incorporating Piercing Howl and Safe Guard (i.e. a utility spec).
    2/3 War Academy and 1/3 Incite
    0/3 War Academy and 3/3 Incite
    1/3 shield specialization for both

Also, for a pure threat build..
    3/3 deep wounds 1/3 incite
    1/3 deep wounds and 3/3 incite
    1/3 shield specialization for both

After looking into this some more with the prompting of WarTotem, I ran some numbers with some different scenarios in terms of Vengeance, weapon being used, etc. and came up with slightly less depressing--but still relevant--results on the second pass.

The good news is that in a lot of setups, Improved Revenge will still be better than Devastate with War Academy.

The bad news is that it's not by a massive amount. Revenge will continue to have something like a 15-17% advantage on Devastate with Improved Revenge and no Deep Wounds.

What this means is that while it wouldn't be worth dropping Revenge in all cases as my initial scenario looked like, it is still potentially worth dropping Revenge if you have points in Improved Revenge but don't have points in Deep Wounds that could be allocated from Improved Revenge.

From the new numbers I'm seeing, dropping 2/2 Improved Revenge for 2 points in Deep Wounds and dropping Revenge yields a 250-300 DPS increase over using Revenge for single-target DPS.

The "good" news for Revenge is that if you are going in a utilityless build and getting basically every threat talent (e.g. you aren't losing any other threat talents for Improved Revenge) it is still worthwhile. However, if you are giving up points in Cruelty or Deep Wounds for Improved Revenge post-patch with War Academy, you are losing DPS.

Without Improved Revenge, Revenge is notably weaker than Devastate and thus only useful for DPR.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

+ Reply to Thread