View Poll Results: Please select the two trinkets you feel are BIS.

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lifeblood Alchemist Stone

10 47.62%
  • Heroic Vial of Stolen Memories

10 47.62%
  • Heroic Symbiotic Worm

16 76.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lifeblood Alchemist Stone Vs Heroic Worm and Vial

Lifeblood Alchemist Stone Vs Heroic Worm and Vial

I made a similar post on mmo to see what feedback I get there so sorry I've you see both.

I've been heavily debating dropping my blacksmithing for alchemy as the lifebound alchemy stone is clearly better than the regular versions of Symbiotic Worm and Vial of Stolen Memories. However thinking long term I'm not sure which would be BIS when factoring in the Stam gains procs and CDs. BTW this thread is intended for Warrior tanks.

Lifeblood Achemist Stone:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=58483

Assuming you gem mastery/Stam like most you get a passive 410 Stam and 233 mastery

Mirror of Broke Images:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=62471/mi...-broken-images

Gain 98 Mastery and 400 Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature and Shadow Resistance on use with a 1min CD
    Lose 410 Stam

While trinkets are almost always situational I feel this one is the most situational out of all og them shining on fights that include a lot of magic damage.

Vial of Stolen Memories:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=65109/vi...tolen-memories

Gain 134 Stam and 1815 Dodge for 20 sec on a 2 Min CD
    Lose 233 Passive Mastery

Symbiotic Worm:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=65048

Gain 134 Stam and proc of 1089 mastery when dropped below 35% health
    Lose 233 Passive Mastery

I would take the 233 passive Mastery over the 134 Stam any day but having a Proc and on use ability when getting wrecked by a special ability or your healers are being targeted by something requiring you to use a cooldown is pretty nice.

I'd love to see what you guys think.
    Last edited by Kris319; 01-06-2011 at 01:01 PM.

I notice that you don't list the baradin wardens trinket (which is a mastery trinket) on that list. Considering that trinkets are a 'per fight' sort of thing, it couldn't hurt to have all of them.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    I notice that you don't list the baradin wardens trinket (which is a mastery trinket) on that list. Considering that trinkets are a 'per fight' sort of thing, it couldn't hurt to have all of them.
    I added mirror of broken images to the list however I can't seem to find an option to edit the vote on my iPhone. I'll try and change it in a few when I'm home.

Lifeblood Alchemist Stone & Heroic Vial of Stolen Memories..

Heroic Vial of Stolen Memories over Heroic Symbiotic Worm ALWAYS..

one is below 35% the other YOU deside when its needed.

that depends on:

how much DR you have on dodge, how good is mastery for you, what is the ICD on the mastery proc, does that proc combine with other stuff to make you godly if you drop below 35%, can you always use vial at the right time for maximum effect?
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Gameforreal View Post
    Lifeblood Alchemist Stone & Heroic Vial of Stolen Memories..

Heroic Vial of Stolen Memories over Heroic Symbiotic Worm ALWAYS..

one is below 35% the other YOU deside when its needed.
    I would argue that once your health is that low you are pretty much always in need of it. The benefit is that one comes with CRUISE CONTROL, and the other takes up a keybind that I probably don't want to give out or a spot on my bars that I probably also do not want to give out.

Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post
    I would argue that once your health is that low you are pretty much always in need of it. The benefit is that one comes with CRUISE CONTROL, and the other takes up a keybind that I probably don't want to give out or a spot on my bars that I probably also do not want to give out.
    beeing in control, over things that gets desided for you. I like knowing i did what i can, with the things posible for me. And Vial -> Worm always in my world, not even a close call...

But we all have different play styles.

Best in slot would be heroic vial and worm, you use the resist trinket on fights where you can take advantage of it such as nefarian and chogall.

i would take wyrm over vial for the simple fact that it procs when you need extra mitigation (sub-35%) to avoid as much damage as possible and has a much lower cd.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Kris319 View Post
    Lifeblood Achemist Stone:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=58483

Assuming you gem mastery/Stam like most you get a passive 410 Stam and 233 mastery.
    Gemming green for a +10 crit bonus is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Quewatoka View Post
    Gemming green for a +10 crit bonus is retarded.
    Lobbing childish insults isn't the best way to make a point.

And anyways, given that most shield tanks are stacking Mastery AND Stam, not stacking one and neglecting the other, it really doesn't make sense to ignore a blue socket bonus no matter how small.

For druids 10 Crit isnt bad for tanking ^^

Lifeblood Alchemist Stone <- Is underated passive 40% buff from pots is nice druid taking a 1200 Agi pot =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gameforreal View Post
    For druids 10 Crit isnt bad for tanking ^^

Lifeblood Alchemist Stone <- Is underated passive 40% buff from pots is nice druid taking a 1200 Agi pot =)
    It's only health and mana pots, unfortunately.

ya but while wearing the Alchemist Stone, using the new health pot is like an 16k heal, not too shabby. Its passive and you dont have to worry about it and fits a 60 stam gem nicely. Its what i went with :/

health potions should heal for 28-30k+ with the alchemist stone with the powered up potions in 4.0.6, 40k maybe if it's a warrior with 26% self healing buff from potions/ Perhaps good enough to beat a heroic stam trinket?

armor pots > health pots almost all of the time, so i'd ignore that effect when comparing trinkets.

weren't the durations of armor pots nerfed to a very short time-frame? Like 10 seconds or something?

they're not as awesome as they used to be, but 4800 armor for 25 seconds is still pretty nice to pop before some big physical spike damage.
    i guess i can't say they're better then health pots ALL the time like they used to be, so there may be times where the trinket effect could be useful. hardly enough to level an entire profession for though, as it'll quickly be outclassed.

+ Reply to Thread