+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are so many warriors reforging parry > dodge?

Why are so many warriors reforging parry > dodge?

Because of Hold the Line, and because parry and dodge ratings both yield avoidance percentages at the same rate, I would think parry is now the superior stat. At first glance, I would have thought reforging dodge to parry would be the thing to do, but I am seeing many very good tanks do the opposite.

What advantage does dodge have over parry at this point? Why are so many warrior tanks doing this?

The reason most are doing this is to keep both the stats similar to avoid parry hitting any kind of diminishing returns basically, what you should be doing is stacking parry until you start to see a greater increase from dodge then parry, the way you do this is to keep reforging (with a calculator if you need one) to make sure that if you loose/reforge say 0.5% dodge that it turns directly into 0.5% parry, if this is not the case then you need to reforge that stat into dodge to get a greater avoidance return.

Does that make sense ? I'm not sure how thats going to read to other people who aren't doing this already lol.

So basically you're just keeping the stats as even as possible? In that case, you may not need to reforge avoidance stats much at all, I suppose. But when do diminishing returns start taking effect? I wouldn't imagine that would be happening this early on in gear with raid tanks sitting at around 10-11% parry and dodge, but maybe I am misunderstanding. Side note, parry and dodge both diminish at the same rate, too, I think.

The parry DR seems to start kicking in about 13.5 - 14% mark ... its only a small amount but its definitely kicking in. So you will usually see tanks reforging away at around that point.

Both deminish at the same rate. But parry has the side effect of HoL if skilled to it. So parry gives you a little bit additional mitigation than to what dodge does. Because of this, parry is a little bit more "worth" than dodge and can be taken a little bit higher. The DR will kick in, but it will give you more even with a little bit higher DR. However that does not mean that it is optimal to reforge all available dodge to parry all the way. Close values are more optimal with parry a little bit higher than dodge.

Another important part is that you have to consider your values fully buffed. Strength gives some parry, agility gives some dodge. Since warriors have more strength they get more parry through raidbuffs then they get dodge (due to kings/motw). But you also can get both via food.

Just to clear things up.... both parry and dodge have DRs. They are not really noticeable until around 14%. Although hold the line makes parry more desirable than dodge for warriors, to get the most out of both stats you can reforge them to keep them even which will maximise the return you get from both.

Agility gives so little dodge it isn't even worth considering in any way/shape/form for warriors.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

This is sort of in the same category, but at what point do we want to stop stacking into mastery for our block percentage?

Quote Originally Posted by Crick View Post
    This is sort of in the same category, but at what point do we want to stop stacking into mastery for our block percentage?
    After reaching unhittable from combined block+parry+dodge+miss without shieldblock - or with other words: don't worry about that until tier 13.

After reaching unhittable from combined block+parry+dodge+miss without shieldblock
    Maybe a noob question, but with the removal of defense from the game, do we still have an innate miss chance that is passive or is it listed somewhere in talents that i'm not seeing?

It's 5% and can't be modified with defense rating any longer.

+ Reply to Thread