Thread: Cho'Gall - Phase 2 Tactic question

Cho'Gall - Phase 2 Tactic question

Good day,

yesterday we had our first raid night at Cho'Gall and successfully downed him with the Tankspot tactic after about 3 hours and I noticed two things and thought of another (actually that's a question):

I noticed, that the eyes always channel their spell at the one nearest player. So I made sure to be the nearest to as many as possible as a Shaman Healer, so the DPS could nuke them down without worrying about the 75% debuff.

Further the eyes always seem to spawn in a circle around Cho'Gall. So I thought about this:

Where will the eyes spawn, in case Cho'Gall is near a wall/Corner? Will they spawn at another spot on the circle or simply near to Cho'Gall?
    They spawn on another spot --> You could use a Soaker to absorb the majority of the beams (However, this person should be someone else everytime as the channel increases the corrupted Blood)
    They simply spawn near Ch'Gall --> AoE stuns are a great tool for stacked up enemies

How it's normally done:

My idea how to do it:

Note: "Augen" = Eyes
    Note: "Wand" = Wall

I'd like to hear your thoughts about it

Re: Cho'Gall - Phase 2 Tactic question

Interesting idea if you can heal through the extra damage of the purple aoe aura that's everywhere in the room but in the center.

Cheers!
    Skaggi

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

We tank him right up against a wall, which bunches up the tentacles and allows for AoE stuns and interrupts like arcane torrent, shockwave and avengers shield to hit as many of them as possible.

Interesting idea if you can heal through the extra damage of the purple aoe aura that's everywhere in the room but in the center.
    Ah... I knew I didn't know everything.. Is there any information about this somewhere?

In case the damage is too high it's obviously no option.

edit: Can the "purple damage" actually be avoided? I've just seen a video where a Warlock clearly stands in the middle but still takes continuous damage. If this pulsing damage CAN be avoided, then there would be no reason to NOT let Corrupted Blood get to 100, stand in the center and nuke down the boss/eyes.
    Last edited by Yagamoth; 01-05-2011 at 08:32 AM.

We also put Cho'Gal against the wall. It works as you expected in bunching up the tentacles. Just have you tank be aware of LoS issues. For example, putting him near his throne can cause some issues. So we go further left/right of it.

the hole in the purple aoe is just there to aid visibility. you take the same damage wherever you stand.

The AoE damage is definitely not avoidable.

We tanked him near the wall and it was sort of hit and miss. Some appeared right under his feet, other times one just appeared directly infront and one directly behind, but a few times there would be three all in one spot. So while it won't necessarily fully control where they spawn, I do believe its a higher chance of clustered spawns to make it easier.