+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior PvP Spec - Arms or Fury?

Warrior PvP Spec - Arms or Fury?

I was thinking of rolling a Warrior for PvP but I don't know which spec is best for PvP/Arenas, Arms or Fury? Which spec would I benefit most for PvP and Arenas.

Thanks in advance!
    Delaisa - Level 48 Discipline Priest - Azuremyst (US)
    Aalaris - Level 5 Night Elf Warrior - Azuremyst (US)

arms

From some other posts on different forums, it all came down to Arms. Thanks for the help Sunnybonez. I'm going to spec Arms.
    Delaisa - Level 48 Discipline Priest - Azuremyst (US)
    Aalaris - Level 5 Night Elf Warrior - Azuremyst (US)

Both can do well in PvP at this point, with the coming nerf to warrior mobility, expect to see more warriors spec into fury PvP.

I don't really think that the changes to Juggernaut are going to affect too many people switching over. Between the reduction in charge time and heroic leap (heroic leap is pretty much only used only as a gap opener/closer) arms warriors should not have any issues maintaing melee range. Without havng intercept its just one more reason to not stance dance, and save the two points in tactical mastery.

The biggest issue with fury is a good chunk of your damage is white melee, and maintaining those kinds of hits is a lot more difficult when the target doesn't have a computerized brain. Without charge, deadly calm, and bladestorm as rage builders a fury warrior is going to be extemely rage starved. Arms is more bursty, and with the stun they receive its just a better utilized spec. Don't get me wrong fury warriors aren't a rollover either, but arms is the top choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnx View Post
    a fury warrior is going to be extemely rage starved
    That's the main reason. Dual wielding = lots of misses versus Anger Management and you can't really afford stacking hit to absurd high numbers. Arms only needs 5% hit and it's done, leaving you with a ton of stats to increase your crit/mastery (burst still matters).

Arms pvp offers:
    reliable immobilize every 30/60s
    free interrupt
    rng you to (sudden) death
    huge burst window with deadly calm, even bigger when your foes clusters up (sweeping strikes aka petkiller)
    useful mastery for pvp

Fury pvp offers:
    heroic fury for double intercept/getting rid of immobilize effects
    decent damage burst over a long time period with Deathwish
    But Raging Blow requires enrage effect to work, the fury mastery in general is laughable. Some of the very few damage increasing talents like Meat Cleaver or Executioner have only really usage in pve

Anyways, i really dislike the change to juggernaut - it reduces the skillcap (proper stancedancing) of the mighty warrior by a ton. The changes to Lambs to the Slaughter will improves warriors pve capabilites by a lot but decrease our burst noticeable, i won't talk about the heroic strike nerfbat (QQ!).

Arms, all the way. Fury is going to be rage starved, a lot. I never have rage issues as Arms. Fury burst is higher at the moment but it will be getting nerfed

+ Reply to Thread