+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enchanting question for warrior Tank.

Enchanting question for warrior Tank.

Hi guys,

So Windwalk is too expensive so I was thinking what enchant I should use? I'm hit capped, Dodge rating 1147, Parry rating 1086.

Thanks

Make friends with an alchemist/enchanter they can make the BoP trinket and De it. Costs for 1 crystal 50 volatile life & 36 herbs. Was using pyrium weaponchain until mace dropped from maloriak. Weaponchain is cheap and can just reforge some hit elsewhere.

Pyrium weapon chain / or the Avalanche enchant, on wowhead theres talk of this proccing off dots and thunderclap / shockwave spells. Avalanche is suppose to provide decent dps boosts when at tanking (havent tested it, just read it)

would avoid using the exspensive ones till you have a decent wep

Um why nobody is mentioning Mending? It's a cheap and awesome enchant until you can get your hands on windwalk. Hitcapping with your regular tanking gear is a waste of almost 1000 ratings that could have been mastery instead.

I have mending on Elementium Fang but I haven't been able to focus on just testing it out. I certainly wouldn't need Avalanche for the threat since it's not a problem at the moment, but I can't say one way or the other if a small healing benefit or a small dps increase is better overall in a pre-raid context. I think mending would be too negligible in a raid context, however.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Um why nobody is mentioning Mending? It's a cheap and awesome enchant until you can get your hands on windwalk. Hitcapping with your regular tanking gear is a waste of almost 1000 ratings that could have been mastery instead.
    From what I have read on it, mending has turned out to be pretty terrible. I think that's why nobody mentions it.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTheTank View Post
    From what I have read on it, mending has turned out to be pretty terrible. I think that's why nobody mentions it.
    Heals roughly as much as blood craze and has a decent ppm.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Heals roughly as much as blood craze and has a decent ppm.
    Just further supporting my point right?

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTheTank View Post
    Just further supporting my point right?
    Depending on your lineup (eg no enhancer, shadow, elemental, blood dk, prot- or retpala) any source of healing can help a lot. And in comparison to the other options it's just in line for the low price.

Here is a log for mending on Maloriak 25 this passed week. It's a decent enchant until you can get Windwalk considering everything else is pretty much a threat enchant.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...=14320&e=14872

It ticked 86 times for an average of 655.6 a tick and did 56,381 healing.

Why nobody mentions Mongoose or Accuracy? No longer worth it?

Agi = crap for warriors now.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Attack speed of mongo not worth it? is accuracy better for threat?

Accuracy or a weapon chain I would believe. Just flat out attack speed is meh.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

25 hit + 25 crit vs 40 hit apart from reducing disarm by 50% (which nobody needs) ... mh?

Mending sucks. The heals from it are minimal. You're far better off with a weapon chain or avalanche if you're trying to stay cheap. You shouldn't be hit capped unless you're overforged for it, and avalanche increases dmg done, which results in a faster boss kill.
    Ruek - Prot Warrior <Fat Panda>
    “Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.” -Shaq

In terms of pure survivability, mending is your next best thing, even if it does suck a bit. Blood craze plus mending could be the thing that gets you over 10k on chimaeron and stops you dying to double attack. Don't dismiss it just because its not a huge heal.

+ Reply to Thread