+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Nefarian

Nefarian

Finally killed him last night, WOOT!

What made the difference for me was following Aggathon's advice.

P1: Ony far east, Ned far west, both facing south. Drop the adds as far north as possible clumped as well as you can.

P2: preshield as many people as you can getting onto the pillars

P3: tank Nef in center, pick up adds and move around the outside clockwise, turning Nef along with. DPS an healers on the opposite side of the dragon from the add tank. Add tank healer stays ahead of the add tank at all times.

Managed to interrupt the adds 3 times, and I felt like I could have kept it going all night. :-)
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

^ Grats, mon.

We downed him, have to say almost everyone already had him down and we are progression on HC modes, but it was my first time and we did a different tactic, wich worked great and one shotted him

We started in phase1, just like always, but me(paladin tank) took onyxia and the other tank took the adds and nef. no crackles just nuke onyxia, takes less then a minute, in phase 2, kill the adds asap, and in phase 3 nuke Nefarian from 100 to 0. Make sure to time your cds for crackle and I've tanked nef in the middle and made sure the tail and breath didn't hit the kiter. Worked great
    Last edited by Toriator; 06-17-2011 at 10:24 AM.

I have to say, the comments for this encounter were extremely helpful. This fight went from insanely anxiety building to actually pretty easy.

One comment I have to add which made this fight INSANELY easier for us is to use 4 healers. It really takes all the strain off the healers and this fight is not a DPS race at all, it actually helped to spread out the crackles by only having 4 dps.

Our strat was 2 crackles in p1 (simply because they became easy to handle with 4 healers, but it's really not needed to push any crackle before p3). I healed our Ony tank solo, 2 healers on Nef tank, 1 on raid (mostly on our DK add kiter).

2 healers on the platform with 4 people in p2 (I think it helps to have the solo Ony tank on the 4 person platform because that will likely be the healer with the least mana)

p3 - Nef in the center, kite adds around the outside. As said many times in these threads, you can wait to push all crackles here easily. Big Wigs definitely helped our add tank (better timers). Our best 2 healers stood on the raid/Nef tank, other 2 on add tank.

Our guild went for one last "try" into getting nef monday night b4 patch. (No Luck, Which might be why I am here trying to get some info on how to deal with the major problem with have).

Problem: in p2, while we are on the pillars, nef does the 1st subsequent cruckle, fine...we survive. But when he does the next cruckle, which according to how the guild leader strats are about to getting this done, this is the 4th cruckle, and even though the whole raid is full on hp (full health), the 4th cruckle wipes the entire group.

Questions#1: Could it be our gear? Ofcourse, gear will always be the issue, but can some1 throw in average for the entire group.
    Questions#2: What can we do with the cruckle? It continues to wipe us specifically at that moment...it seems that we cannot escape it.

Help.

I don't know how well geared you are, so i can't say something about that

But about the crackles, try this tactic: Push ony to 0% in phase 1, don't touch nef (only tank). Phase 2. Kill the adds asap, don't touch nef (or till just before the crackle). Then just kill nef from 100 to 0. Tank tanks nef in middle, other tank kites the adds around, the nef tank makes sure he turn nef accordingly to the other tanks movement , so the add tank dont get hit my tail/breath.

Then don't do a second P2 Crackle? you only need to do two crackles in P2 if you are going for the Glory of the raider achievement (Nef below 50% when P3 begins). We have never pushed a crackle in P2.

Quote Originally Posted by Narina View Post
    I have to say, the comments for this encounter were extremely helpful. This fight went from insanely anxiety building to actually pretty easy.

One comment I have to add which made this fight INSANELY easier for us is to use 4 healers. It really takes all the strain off the healers and this fight is not a DPS race at all, it actually helped to spread out the crackles by only having 4 dps.

Our strat was 2 crackles in p1 (simply because they became easy to handle with 4 healers, but it's really not needed to push any crackle before p3). I healed our Ony tank solo, 2 healers on Nef tank, 1 on raid (mostly on our DK add kiter).

2 healers on the platform with 4 people in p2 (I think it helps to have the solo Ony tank on the 4 person platform because that will likely be the healer with the least mana)

p3 - Nef in the center, kite adds around the outside. As said many times in these threads, you can wait to push all crackles here easily. Big Wigs definitely helped our add tank (better timers). Our best 2 healers stood on the raid/Nef tank, other 2 on add tank.
    This covers part of what I was going to say. Joined a Pug the other night and we 1-shotted Nef after losing two DPS and a healer (so we had 1 Disc priest and 1 HPally for phase 3).

The issue that Pugs are going to see on Nefarian now is out of control DPS. Crackle still does about 73k damage to everyone, and pushing them too quickly means a raid wipe, even with nerfs and gear. I would say that eliminating a DPS is the best way to handle it now. A healer would be good, but you could also get another tank, allowing you to 3-tank the encounter. This would let you get a real tank on adds in phase 1 (more threat), and you could also trade off breaths in phase 3, as that seems to cause the most tank damage.

We faced Neffy last night for the first time. After a few wipes we managed to get the kill. Our Raid comp was as follows:-

Tanks
    Death Knight (Me, On Adds)
    Paladin (On Ony)
    Druid (On Neffy)

Healers
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shammy

DPS
    Fire Mage
    Ret Paladin
    Rogue (dont know spec)
    Fury Warrior

Now first thing you'll notice is we were Melee heavy. This was not ideal, as the Adds in PH2 were being killed by the Tanks, well before the Mage was able to do enough damage to get 2 Crackles. Now, we could have really slowed the dps on the adds, however on my platform, I needed to Death Strike and keep Diseases up to reduce damage intake (to virtually nil) to enable the Shammy to regen his mana, as he was very nearly OOM after PH1. The Rogue also needed to dps to self heal, so although our add died last, it was still well before a 2nd PH2 Crackle.

The kiting explanations work very well, and Id advise anyone who is unsure, to read the previous pages. Kiting backwards, followed by side stepping when Neffy casts his Shadowblaze Spark to quickly move the adds away worked very well.

Now the biggest problem we faced was with the adds, more specifically, me holding aggro on them. Multiple times I'd Taunt/Deathgrip an Add to me, apply my Diseases then gather the next add, only to find my Diseases were no longer present on the first add. I'd tab back to the first target to use Pestilence to spread...wait....nothing, the Add would be clean, and would be looking at my healer for an easy meal. I'd need to then re-Taunt/Deathgrip, Icy Touch, shout, scream, or wave my hands up and down in a frenzy to get the add to come back. This only seemed a problem in the first 10secs of them being ressed. I normally have very few aggro problems in Raids, even on a Timewarp/Heroism pull, however, these Adds seemed to behave differently. Anyone else found this? Also, does anyone know why my Diseases were being Dispelled/Clensed/whatever so quickly?(Im talking no more than 15secs).

Other than that, it went pretty smoothly. With only 4 DPS, we were able to manage the raid damage very easily as the Crackles were well spread, It only started to get hairy towards the end. I found Anti-Magic Shell a MUST to use on Crackle's especially later in PH3 (Neffy to 10%) as the damage from the Adds was getting very high. Later in the fight, a mis-timed Crackle would easily kill me with the Add damage added in. I died when Neffy was at around 5-600k HP, at that point the spare Paladin Tank took over for the last 15-20sec's, and Vent erupted with instructions for the new Add tank...'Tanks down, Pick up the Adds'.....'Tank Healers down, PICK UP THE ADDS'.....'Pop Cool downs'.....'Get them out of the Fire!'.
    EU l Ghoslands l Alliance l 85 l Blood DK l Overiord
    EU l Ghoslands l Alliance l 85 l Boomkin l Platty
    EU l Ghoslands l Alliance l 64 l Disc Priest lAventi

+ Reply to Thread