+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Nefarian

Quote Originally Posted by Grakzul Slaughtbringer View Post
    I had hard times tanking the adds in P3. We were two prot warriors.

First problem we had is about picking the adds. How do you handle this? basically we had a good stack of corpses, as they were rezed we tried to pick them up but we always ended with one tank having 8-10 adds and the other only 2 or 3. So we had to pick them up manually with taunts and this was no piece of cake because of the kitting...

Would it be better to have only one tank taking all the adds and the second offtank just assisting in case the former dies?

I've been wiping on this boss for weeks now...he's clearly the hardest atm. And we do not put him on P3 on every attempt, so I'm afraid I'll have many tries to do a perfect P3
    Its better to choose one guy to pick up all the adds lets say you and have your other tank gain secondary threat in case you die from all the adds smacking you. Also when the adds die after not touching flames have your OT keep an eye out for loose adds, you can also designate him to be your pointman for when you should move for Shadowblaze. I now know how to watch for the Shadowblaze whenever you see a blue flame orb landing at a spot thats where the Shadowblaze will land to revive or repower the adds, having a point man spot that for you can help at least for me it does since I'm one of the only 2 Prot warriors in our guild =(

If you reset them properly you can tank them all, ask for an external cooldowns near the end and use shockwave intelligently. You'll spike to 15k dps including electrocute occassionally but that's it. With 2 healers on you and a third for backup it's no really problem at all.

We finally killed Nefarian in 10 man mode. I did not have much problems kitting the adds in P3, but you're right : having someone announcing the shadowblazes is a HUGE help.
    I'll try again in 25man next week. I did not know it was possible to tank all the adds with a single warrior in phase 3, so I'll try to do better. Thanks guys.
    Nerf Rock, paper is fine
    -Scissors

I've yet to perfect the adds in 25man although in P1 I get them to die in the same area for pickup in P3 but it would be better if I clumped them up properly lol

I'm still having issues pickup them back up in p3 after they die and reset seems like half of them are still up and the other half go dead =/

Zaitochi, it's for that reason that I chose to have a plate-DPS tank those adds in P1. They die in a cute little bunch, so that one shadowblaze always revives them all. I felt there was too much craziness if we tried CC'ing/kiting them.
    Worse than you.

Yeah we don't use 2 tanks for Nef still using 3 and our guild tanks make sure that every tank knows what to do on each phase and how to do them. We put newer tanks on Ony since she is the easiest to tank and learn. As for adds I found them really complex but as a warrior tank I can abuse Vigilance for taunt spams and I have enough tools to grab all the adds in phase 1 although have a hunter Multi-shot MD helps too.

Is this not available for download?

Nevermind found it .

I don't think it's been said yet, so I apologize if it has and I missed it.

Phase 2 lasts three minutes (according to the video or another post), but Phase 2 will end "prematurely" if the last pillar add drops to 30% of its health (at least on 10 man). If you're doing well in P2 and want to push another crackle, keep in mind this limitation.

I accidentally posted this in the H Nefarian thread first, and apparently this is NOT the case on Heroic--once one of them dies, P3 starts. However, on several attempts in normal, we killed two of the platform adds and kept the third one up to push another crackle.

Hello everyone, I've been searching the net for the answer to my question, but I cannot seem to find it.
    Will the Bone Warriors in p1 and p3 be affected(frozen) by the frost Death Knight ability Hungering Cold(http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49203)?

Even if your not 100 % sure, but have some thoughts on how it might work, then please, share!

Thanks in advance.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    they can be frozen by hungering cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbnosis View Post
    I don't think it's been said yet, so I apologize if it has and I missed it.

Phase 2 lasts three minutes (according to the video or another post), but Phase 2 will end "prematurely" if the last pillar add drops to 30% of its health (at least on 10 man). If you're doing well in P2 and want to push another crackle, keep in mind this limitation.

I accidentally posted this in the H Nefarian thread first, and apparently this is NOT the case on Heroic--once one of them dies, P3 starts. However, on several attempts in normal, we killed two of the platform adds and kept the third one up to push another crackle.
    What???? In Regular at least, phase 2 ends when ALL of the adds are dead, or 3 minutes have passed.

Hey there and thank you for all this awesome vids.
    Now to the point^^.

We are trying to kill Nef 10 men, we handle everything perfect.
    Phase 1: dk with adds, all die in the same spot(2cracks usually maybe 3)
    Phase 2: No problems here usually(sometimes jump related but usually fine)(0 or 1 crack)
    Phase 3: All goes perfect till 15 % then always our Warrior Prot tank tanking the adds die due the fire doesn't de-spawn, he have a really good dedicated pala healer with him , rest of the raid its on the side stacked.

So tips for the kitting as a warrior Prot or shall we have 2 healers on him and just a druid with the raid? Or maybe the raid should move from time to time so our warrior have more room for the kite?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Krulz View Post
    So tips for the kitting as a warrior Prot or shall we have 2 healers on him and just a druid with the raid? Or maybe the raid should move from time to time so our warrior have more room for the kite?
    Instead of kiting just tank them and move around only a few yards right before the next shadowblaze hits (~2s remaining on timer). This way you only have to watch out for pillars (line of sight healing issues) and enough room to have the fire despawn all the time even if you push all crackles during phase 3.

You'll only need assistance of a second healer if the adds are near death (sub 30ish energy) or you didn't reset them properly, the rest of the time the healer can keep camp/maintank up.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Instead of kiting just tank them and move around only a few yards right before the next shadowblaze hits (~2s remaining on timer). This way you only have to watch out for pillars (line of sight healing issues) and enough room to have the fire despawn all the time even if you push all crackles during phase 3.

You'll only need assistance of a second healer if the adds are near death (sub 30ish energy) or you didn't reset them properly, the rest of the time the healer can keep camp/maintank up.
    Very kind!We ll try it!

fear?

Im a warlock and for some reason my glyphed fear isn't working on the adds in a norm 10-man. every time i use it, theyre immune. I tried it like 10 times before i just gave up. anybody else having the same problem?

Our raid group took our first Nef shots last night, I was healing on my pally and had the Nef tank - although we never got out of phase one in our 5 attempts, I have to say not a lot of love for the healers in this fight.

We'll get it, but when one of our tanks, who's beaten the fight, said "it's a fun fight... except if you're a healer" and laughed, I think it was an understatement.

It is definitely a drain on our healers. I throw down an instant Healing Rain on the Nef tank every other maelstrom weapon. Every little bit helps. Hopefully you'll get some love and down that bastard. Nef was my bane for weeks!!!
    Jesus loves you seriously big time. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across the oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees.. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/email

I'd like to add that Psychic Scream and Psychic Horror are *NOT* ways that you can cc these adds. They were immune to them when I tried to cc them on my Priest. Thankfully, we have a shackle or two and a couple of traps. We'll probably just have one of our plate dps tank them to one side of the room rather than cc'ing the you-know-what out of them.

Got to phase three last week. We're getting there. I moved to healing the Ony tank. Progression, progression, progression - hopefully this week we get him.

+ Reply to Thread