+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Nefarian

We had no priest (meaning no SR except for the one pillar with the one pally), and 2 resto druids and a shaman. While its very difficult for healers in that phase in 10 man, and perhaps easier for some classes than others, its not impossible for any of them.

The issue we were running into is killing him before adds became out of control in phase 3, and we determined pushing crackles in phase 2 with our healing comp was just not possible. So we pushed 3 crackles in phase 1, killing ony within 5 seconds after the third so she didn't expload. We then pushed nef down to 62% during phase 2. Your add tank will still likely die before the fight ends, I did at about 6% but if your raid is on the ball with CC's afterward they will buy you the rest of the time you need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4r4IgJyge8 our kill video for referance.

Interesting vid kanzer. Did you use three tanks? It looked like you were tank switching ony.

We used a DPS DK during phase 1 to tank ony temporarily while the other tank rounded up the adds to make them die in one spot. Was purely for add control during phase 3.

Actually the Onyxia's ability to kill a raid is Lightning Discharge on wowhead [if someone want to check it], but it's not so important how we call it.
    Really love the video!
    Last edited by coolderka; 01-31-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Is there an AOE component to nef's shadowflame barrage is phase 2? A few fellow raiders are insisting there is but I haven't read anything regarding this.

There is, yes.
    Con Brio is recruiting! Look within for details. www.conbrioguild.org
    Mage Guide Author
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skies/advanced

The shadowflame barrage does not splash, he will target a set amount of people. We tried just stacking together and the damage was the same, ironically it was the same night we pushed for crackles in p2 on 10man and got the kill.

Hello,

i suggested to try to let a Rogue "Fan of Knives" the Adds in P3 with Crippling Poison, but we´re afraid of the adds beeing to slow and get hit by a Flamethingy.

Anyone has any suggestions regarding that? Thanks.

E: 25 Raid

Hi,

At first sorry my english, it isnt my first language.

I had a question about the normal Nefarian encounter on 10 man difficulty. I'm an holy priest, with Disc as second spec, and I heal with 2 resto druid (sometimes a resto druid and an holy pally but its rare). I'm in charge to heal the raid and helping on Nefarian tank between the Crackle. One of the Druid stay on Ony/adds in p3 tank, while the other stay on Nefarian tank

So my question is, would it be better for me and the raid if I'd go Disc for this, having one of the druid switch duty with me? I could use the Barrier to mitigate some Crackle on CD, Pain supression, Divine aegis the raid and even PW:S some people...

We had some good attempt to P3, but to make it successful, I'd like to know if the Disc/2 resto druid would be better than Holy/2 resto druid.

Thank for your input,

Āoewin

in 4.06 by all means go disc, itll eb a less gimped spec and bubbling the raid will help alot with crackle, until then i wouldnt know if the change would pay off.
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

Thank you

Hopefully that drake will go down before 4.0.6 tho.. tonight, who knows?!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/%C3%80oewin/advanced

Question regarding Onyxia's Lightning Charge level.

Have watched numerous videos and read lots of people claiming that if you do not dps her, the levels gain faster. If that is true, what is the appropriate split to reduce her gain? Everywhere I read it says you want Nef at around 73% for p2, or even to push the 3rd crackle and hope Onyxia dies in a few seconds, however currently with our split we are getting nef to around 78% before needing to kill Onyxia. We leave just 5 melee and the OT on her, everyone else on Nef. Is there a more efficient way of doing this? Our guild dps is by no means subpar, the "dps check" parts of Cho'gall and other fights are easily 1 shotted after spending maybe a few hours working on them. We are just starting to broach p3 on nef consistently now that our healers have figured out the 2nd phase, so I am looking for ways to make that phase easier, by needing less dps. Any advice is much appreciated.

This is for 25 man, our comp is 3 tanks, 7 healers, 15 dps. We dont have logs of this fight unforunately

We had a holy priest, druid and a pally healing with 3 people on each platform except the priest's. We pushed two crackles in the first phase, two in the second phase and dropped his health to 52%. If your heals can manage the two crackles in the second phase, I would definitely recommend doing that, makes for a free kill in the third phase.

Yes thats what we WANT to do, however the charge level on Onyxia Dictates that we push her down around 78% on Nef, and then usually wind up around 62% on the p3 transition. We could push a 2nd crackle in that phase but it would practically coincide with the end of the phase or the respositioning aspect of p3. I am mainly wondering - is it a more accepted tactic to nuke onyxia down to sub 10%, let the tanks whittle her down, and have EVERYONE else on nef? Keeping in mind this is 25 man.

Was wondering if anyone could clear something up for me. What happens if the adds don't die before the 3minute mark and p3 starts? Do they stop doing their attack and can be ignored or is it a wiped?

Hi guys,
    this topic is really interesting and helpful. Today we had our first 30 tries in 10 man nepharion. We brought him down to 22%. I think we would have downed him if the add reset in phase 3 would have worked.
    Now i have some questions:

1. I read about chromatic elixier. So basically it reduces crackle and phase-2 damage by ~14%? And it stacks with other resistance buffs? So we had some discussion in our raid, do you think it is worth to use it for everyone?
    ----------------------------------------
    2. There was a post were it was stated, that after the first fireball and add, the kite tank should wake up the other adds by kiting the living add over the dead adds. So they get waked up by the fire which follows the skeletons, and you only have 30 secs time for doing this. And then the second fireball resets the energy and then you start to kite!

Ooookkk. I did this. But - there was no fire. In our best try i placed two adds over the dead adds, and waited for like 5 seconds and there was no fire at all. So...
    no add waked up. And basically when we had neph at ~23% i got smacked down by the adds because they didnt reset.
    Our adds are always a bit scattered all over the place in the middle of the room. (4-5 metres between all of them).

So is it possible to wake up all 5 adds in 30 seconds if they are scattered around or do you really HAVE to place all ADDs on 1 spot?!

And how do you manage that all 5 adds are at the exact same spot? We have 2 priests and 1 dudu doing the CC. Any tips?
    --------------------------
    3. So now about the Shadowblaze. How do you check the time after the first one. Any addon or marko? Is it possible to write a makro which gives a raidwarning after 30, 20, 10 secs and so on...

Would be great if you could give me any tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Don83 View Post
    Hi guys,
    this topic is really interesting and helpful. Today we had our first 30 tries in 10 man nepharion. We brought him down to 22%. I think we would have downed him if the add reset in phase 3 would have worked.
    Now i have some questions:

1. I read about chromatic elixier. So basically it reduces crackle and phase-2 damage by ~14%? And it stacks with other resistance buffs? So we had some discussion in our raid, do you think it is worth to use it for everyone?
    ----------------------------------------
    2. There was a post were it was stated, that after the first fireball and add, the kite tank should wake up the other adds by kiting the living add over the dead adds. So they get waked up by the fire which follows the skeletons, and you only have 30 secs time for doing this. And then the second fireball resets the energy and then you start to kite!

Ooookkk. I did this. But - there was no fire. In our best try i placed two adds over the dead adds, and waited for like 5 seconds and there was no fire at all. So...
    no add waked up. And basically when we had neph at ~23% i got smacked down by the adds because they didnt reset.
    Our adds are always a bit scattered all over the place in the middle of the room. (4-5 metres between all of them).

So is it possible to wake up all 5 adds in 30 seconds if they are scattered around or do you really HAVE to place all ADDs on 1 spot?!

And how do you manage that all 5 adds are at the exact same spot? We have 2 priests and 1 dudu doing the CC. Any tips?
    --------------------------
    3. So now about the Shadowblaze. How do you check the time after the first one. Any addon or marko? Is it possible to write a makro which gives a raidwarning after 30, 20, 10 secs and so on...

Would be great if you could give me any tips.
    Some earlier mentioned you could use Nef's first fire breath to wake up all the adds at the same time. We haven't done this but it seems a way to get them all together early in phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by avidan View Post
    Was wondering if anyone could clear something up for me. What happens if the adds don't die before the 3minute mark and p3 starts? Do they stop doing their attack and can be ignored or is it a wiped?
    Want to know this as well.

Answers for Don83

Don83,

Here are my thoughts on your 3 questions.

1. Chromatic elixirs are great to help you get through phase 2, in 10 man we used them for the healers/dps that were having problems staying alive on their pillar during phase 2. Chromatic elixirs mitigate both the crackles and the shadow flame barrage and make healing for that phase much easier. As far as using them for phase 1 and 3, there shouldn't be that big a need for them.

2. The adds do not spawn fire underneath them as the move, instead the fire slowly follows the closest person with highest threat to any add. For 10 man, with 5 adds you do need to have them die in a decently close proximity. I have seen videos online of frost mages and rogues kiting them into position, I have also seen DK's using blood presence to round them up near the end to make sure they die close together.

Our 10 man uses 2 CC's and rogue to kite the other three, we then break CC toward the end of their life cycle so they clump up effectively.

3. Shadow flame is on a constant timer as stated. Deadly Boss Mod's now has a timer built in for shadow flames. For our first kill before this was available, I used the in game stop watch, and started it right as the first shadowflame hit the ground.

If you got Nef down to 23% without the adds resetting you are very close to a kill (I'd bet you got your kill before you read this post). Getting good placement of the adds in phase 1 is crucial to getting the kite pattern up in phase 3. Also, I saw another post about using crippling poison to slow the adds. That is not necessary during phase 3, and ultimately harmful as it will make them more likely to get hit by shadow flame at the wrong time. It is recommended for a kiter in phase 1, especially on 10 with no tank available to take hits.

I'm pretty sure Nef could one shot the Lich King...just sayin...

+ Reply to Thread