+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone else bored?

anyone else bored?

just doesnt seem like much to do after you hit lvl 85.cant really pvp anymore because i dont really like bgs that much and i can never get in tol barad

and besides that,im not really in the "core" raid group in my guild.so raiding activly isnt really there.is it just me or does there just not really look like much else to do besides raid at lvl 85

im thinkin about farmin the honor and getting full pvp gear and started to do bgs again,but i dont know.ive just been really bored lately and kinda blah.im just wondering if its just me or is cataclysm just not as fun as wrath in terms of things to do after lvl 85

I think it's more a matter of Wrath had the advantage of seeing the results of your efforts much sooner. Cataclysm overall is a much more difficult expansion. I think it's more a problem of you hit a wall where most of the time you log out in the exact same situation as you logged in, like you hit a wall already. The shared raid lockouts, the difficulty of raiding in general, the relative difficulty and time commitment of heroics. Everything is a bit slower paced in Cataclysm once you sort of hit that wall wherever that wall is for you individually. Looking at the gear I logged out in personally and the recent history of my character, it's been basically two full weeks since my last upgrade (I've gotten stuff in between but mainly just side grades). I think this may be something to do with how you are feeling. It isn't so much that there isn't stuff for you to do, but rather you feel like whatever you are doing isn't amounting to much because you aren't seeing a real benefit.

Things hopefully should start to pick up a now that the holidays are behind us.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

This really does happen in cata, I've found what really helps is doing thing between the main thing your doing. For example:

--Fish: You can always use more money
    --Dailies: You can alwasy use more money/rep
    --New 'old' world quests: The new forsaken quests have a wonderful dark humor to them, and the new questing system if actually entertaining IMO.
    --Archaeology: I can't stand this skill personally... maybe you can have fun.
    --Farm: Need more herbs, fish, ore, skins, artifacts?
    --Chat with friends: Alt tab and bring up facebook or something (I find myself doing this a lot).. Or chat with people on your friends list
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

--Fish: You can always use more money
    i tried fishing once,i got bored to tears and quit doing it

anyone else bored?

Or maybe you just need a break. There are other games an hobbies out there. Personally, I picked up a musical instrument. I figure I might as well learn something from my killing time.

Then come back later and you will enjoy the game again.
    Reality is a matter of perspective.

Wrath was far too much a solo game. I like how blizzard tries to bring back the MMO part of the game again in cata. To enjoy it, you should be playing as part of a group. PvP is not farming honor in BGs. The real action is in rated BG and arena. (I don't do pvp, but guildies that do says it's brilliant). PvE is not about LFD heroics. It's about working with 9 or 24 other people downing a boss in raids. Maybe you need to try that.

Sounds like you need to take a break, or find a new guild. I was in this situation between Naxx and Ulduar. Where I just couldn't get into guild raids (time / schedule / ect) and wasn't interested in PvP on my warrior.

I found a new guild and started raiding Ulduar and had a lot of fun again.

Before Cataclysm I got bored again (didn't even finish RS, didn't really care) and instead cut back playing to about once a week (SC2 coming out helped with that too).

I'd say the worst thing you can do is force yourself to keep playing if you aren't enjoying it.

I have sort of experienced the same thing. I raced to 85 on my main toon (rogue) and then sort of got stuck. My main has the gear to run heroics without much problem and could probably step into raids. Problem was everyone in the guild leveled at a different pace and had different priorities so I kind of felt like I'd speed through for nothing. Some people prefer to be well geared (or over geared) before attempting new content, but personally I like to at least take a look at stuff and see what it's all about rather than grinding for a month or two before setting foot inside a raid. The other issue was that as a DPS, if no one else was ready/able to run heroics I'd have to queue solo which could literally take up to an hour, then an hour or two to run the actual dungeon depending on the group. 2-3 hours per dungeon is a fairly big time commitment for a random thing. All the waiting led to boredom. If you could run BGs while waiting in the dungeon finder that might help ease the boredom a little.
    Basically now my main is sitting in the stable and I've turned to my alts, but the alts that I enjoy playing are also reaching the point where my rogue is. Maybe my Cataclysm expectations were a little high, but I was expecting a little more new stuff, but there have been a couple of times recently where I've found myself thinking that all Blizz did was make the 'grind' look a little different.

If you want an example of the new grind, I recommend Archeology.

I think I have to agree with being bored. I'm leveling my 3rd toon to 85 to stop the boredom. I can remember in wotlk that I had several things I could do outside of BG's or arena when I started my week tuesday. Outside of the guild 25 man ICC I could do TOC 10 and 25, ICC 10 , or even Ulduar or Naxx for kicks. I could do VOA on both 10 and 25 man, my daily's (including one heroic), or the weekly. Now outside of running heroics for gear or the guild raids there is nothing. Does that make sense? Like stated above this is the beginning of a new expansion and I have to assume in time the list of things to do will grow....

My concern regarding the increased difficulty of the heroics that Cata introduced was pretty simple: once the newness wore off, the grind wouldn't be a whole lot of fun. As mentioned earlier who really wants to spend 2-3 hours queueing and running a single heroic. I do em, I beat em but I really don't much enjoy them.

Doesn't help that the leveling was really fast which meant that much quicker to hit the heroic roadblock. I really think it was a mistake to limit the expac to a mere 5 levels.

The game gradually changed for the more "casual" "single" "inexperienced" player. This started after WotLK came out where raiding was the prerequisite for advancement. These "casual" players complained it was too hard; they couldn't get into raids; etc. which unfortunately brought about the change in WotLK which enabled anybody and everybody, whether they could play or not to see the content and get top-rated gear. If anybody remembers (and was spoiled by) the Burning Crusade expansion, these are the players who will find Cataclysm boring. I do remember the extra effort needed in BC to grow and to witness the important parts of the game. It was all about raiding. All about attunement. Unfortunately I feel those days are long gone and I feel, from what it looks likes, Cata may be no different then the later parts of Wrath. If what we are witnessing in Cata is a throw back to the prerequisites found in BC, the quests now are definitely too easy.

See, i'm finding the oposite. As people are getting geared and learning, the instances are getting easier and faster. There's a couple of them that hardly take 30 minutes to do. This has lead to far more fun runs than the initial wiping and learning (which personally i found tons of fun). So, to me, the difficulty of the heroics really has no bearing on my boredom level. Sure there's the odd group that wipes a few times due to gear or learning curves but it's a blast!

What keeps me going (while i wait for the rest of the guild to catch up in gear so we can start raiding) is achievments! I'm going back to the old instances that I never finished, or to get some of the harder achievments. I'm also attempting (painfully) to get the new cata heroic achievements, some of which are rather... difficult in the current gear level, which makes it all the more fun.

I will have to agree that archaeology (although i did manage to get to 525) is very boring and far more onerous than even fishing to level. I'm just glad i got so many of the rares quickly so i didn't have to do too much farming after maxing it.

The first month of an expansion is always trying, there's fewer dailies out yet, there's less instances, there's less raids that you outgear. It's hard to find something to keep you entertained. I've always found that after the first major content patch of an xpac is when there starts to be plenty to keep my occupied. There's more gear to get from points (As things have generally dropped a tier) there's usually new dailies, new reps to grind, etc.

But as others have said, if you're really that bored, take a break... I took a year off during LK because the zerg/aoe fest that was instances/raiding was just sooooo boring. I feel great coming back into cata fresh and that year off also gives me a years worth of backlog of things to do!

i think if you get bored out of yer skull try lvling an alt or like Demoneyes82 stated take a small break
    i took a small break in wotlk and it worked like a charm now i have fun times again.

I agree too. I am starting to get bored as well. I have leveld 3 toons to 85. Only one is ready for heroics. The issue I am having is the wait times for pugs, as I did not have a guild worth mentioning as far as running stuff together. Waiting 35min for regulars and 45+ for heroics only to have the group break up before you finish was too much for me to deal with. Flying around looking for ore all day just does not do it for me personally.

Like it has been said many times, it is just time to take a break. Try a different game. EQ2 is really not bad at all, and there is plenty to do. In many ways, more so than wow. Try to get into the Rift beta. I had a blast in Rift this weekend. DC Universe Online comes out today the best I recall. Maybe you will have fun with that for a while. If your Alliance, go level horde toons to see the difference or vice-versa (which I am currently doing as well)

Plenty of options out there.

Only one is ready for heroics. The issue I am having is the wait times for pugs, as I did not have a guild worth mentioning as far as running stuff together. Waiting 35min for regulars and 45+ for heroics
    This is a common complaint that I'm hearing, and honestly I dont' see what Blizzard can do about it. I understand that some people enjoy certain roles or classes, but at a certain point there's no more room for Rogue #26226.

Give another role a shot! You might actually like it!

I've been getting 20-35 minute queues. I just start doing dailies or mine up some elementium while I'm waiting. I hardly notice the queue times at all. Last night I queued with 2 other dps guildies on my rogue and we got a tank/healer combo in our pug who both had Bane of the Fallen King. Fastest H ToT ever.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

^
    That's what I do on my hunter, mine during the wait.

I still won't tank PuG heroics (I'll do regulars on my lvl 84 pally); I view the long dps wait time as payback for the all the moronic dps who blame the tank for everything - they are reaping what they sowed. It's kind of like an unofficial tank boycott of PuG heroics.

I haven't tanked a true PuG yet. There are always guildies who will jump at the chance to have me tank for them, and I'd rather help them out.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    I haven't tanked a true PuG yet. There are always guildies who will jump at the chance to have me tank for them, and I'd rather help them out.
    Me too; it also helps that we try to max the guild points every day; so always trying to have the runs be guild runs. Used to be that in early morning before work I'd run a few heroics for badges, but no more.

We did miss maxing the points a couple of days so we're level 10 right now and about 1/3 of way to 11 - I think if you add it up we probably left a days worth of points on the table so far since December. The BoA's are expensive but pretty sweet - I think my warrior's going to be getting the cloak.

Not to mention that guild rep is so easy to farm in dungeons that why would you pug if you had a choice? And tanks always have choices.

Doesn't help the pug queue sadly - but I do the same thing you guys do. Start up a round of dailies while I wait in queue or fire up my laptop and watch netflix. A habit I started when I had to wait through hours long log-in queues.

+ Reply to Thread