+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate my gear/gems/reforging please

Rate my gear/gems/reforging please

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nazgrel/galook/

I just spent some gold redoing my gems/reforging/etc and wanted to get some feedback on it. I went up ~12% towards the 102.5 avoidance cap I guess it is. According to the avoidance + block macro I'm at 71.63%.

What could i do better? I had to reforge a few pieces to hit to get over the cap and because I didn't want to do hit -> mastery since it would put me lower than the hit cap. I can't stand missing taunts, etc.

For a start, it appears that taunts can no longer miss. So reforging (and especially gemming) for hit is distinctly sub-optimal. Threat output right now is mostly governed by Vengeance, unfortunately, which makes threat stats very unattractive. You could quite happily reforge away as much hit and expertise as you can into Mastery and you'll still hold aggro just fine and with increased survivability.

Your spec is odd, because that last point in Rule of Law is significantly more TPS than that point in Judgements of the Pure, and Rule of Law is also a minor survivability gain due to its effect on Word of Glory.

I wouldn't use pure Dodge gems, as you'd likely get more mileage from a Mastery gem.

10 stats to chest is a weird enchant to still be using (it was never optimal). There's 2 stamina enchants, better stats enchants, armor kits, a dodge enchant...

Glyphs could also use a rethink. I know you can (and should) be swapping them out situationally, but that Judgement glyph is a pure TPS glyph and the Crusader Strike glyph is a better TPS glyph, so it doesn't make much sense to have it.
    Last edited by Lumines; 01-03-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: mis-spoke on glyphs; typos

I updated some gems/reforging/etc a while ago and I'll be testing out what you said to. Thanks.

Checked the updated version, and you're still inconsistent.

From a pure TPS point of view, 1/2 Reckoning with 2/2 Grand Crusader is a TPS loss compared to swapping those around (Grand Crusader has additional utility for interrupts on trash, however - though not so much with the Focused Shield glyph you're using).

Your reforging strategy doesn't make sense. You have items with avoidance reforged to Mastery (good) then your shield has some Mastery reforged to an avoidance stat (?!). Your Umbriss Band has Hit reforged to an avoidance stat (good) but your trinket has Mastery reforged to Hit (very bad). It's internally inconsistent; you don't seem to have a goal in mind that I can see.

Reforging avoidance stats or especially Mastery to Hit and Expertise is just completely unnecessary in current content. You're reforging away survivability stats to threat stats in an environment where healer mana matters and tank threat really does not. If you are having threat issues just now, it isn't a gear issue.

So it's better to not reforge at all then to reforge something. What about hit caps, etc? I don't want to be missing everything I throw at them.

And no, I'm not having any threat issues unless it's a dps who goes balls out right out of the gate.
    Last edited by BryceE; 01-04-2011 at 06:36 AM.

You don't have to reforge an item just because you have the option to. An avoidance stat + Mastery item won't necessarily need reforging; fiddling with it for fiddling's sake isn't a good idea, unless you're deliberately evening out your dodge and parry amounts. Certainly don't throw away survival stats into threat stats just because you hadn't already reforged a well-itemised piece of armour!

Hit is a threat stat. Threat stats are rendered moot by the current implementation of Vengeance. It's a pretty stupid situation, really, but that's what we're working with. Bear in mind that even with 0% Hit you're going to be landing more than 0% of your attacks. Since taunts can no longer miss, we no longer have any reason in most circumstances to seek out Hit rating on gear, from gems or enchants.
    Last edited by Lumines; 01-04-2011 at 06:42 AM. Reason: confusing wording

+ Reply to Thread