+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms PVP

Arms PVP

I just cant seem to find any updated quality reads on Arms PvP in respect to stats...

Hit capped...
    Str Gemmed...

What exactly is my stat priority at this point? Ive heard haste... ive heard reforge for crit... ive heard reforge for mastery... non with any real conclusion...

Being my first stray from PVE Prot im really kinda lost as to where to go with this gear set...

Aquiring PVP gear at the moment... 2200 resil... but im just not sure where to place reforging and how to best maximize my effectiveness cause im currently not satisfied with my pvp performance

Ive jumped into Arms PvP since finishing up my preraid gear. Im also looking for info on what people are doing these days stat wise. Im sitting at 2200 resilience 7800 ap and a massive 7% crit. Ive been reforging all my haste for crit and mastery where I can. Seems to me like Mastery is pretty underpowered for arms.

In the BGs ive run I generally stay near the top for damage done, and kills. Seems like most classes dont pose too much of a threat as long as Ive got my healer running around with me. Frost mages and hunters still pose some kiting issues, and warlocks still go down without breaking a sweat.

From past seasons what Im currently going with is STR>Hit>Crit>Stam>all the other worthless crap. Been gemming reds as str, blue as str/stam or str/hit if needed, and yellow as str/crit. Some of the pvp gear comes with expertise on it so ive been reforging that into an actual useful stat. Id recommend getting all the pvp honor pieces and use the two resilience trinkets. You can swap one out later when you figure out your own survivability. Hoping by the time im done and rdy for arenas ill be sitting around 3k resilience and 120k hps.

The biggest thing is heroic leap, what a worthless piece of crap for BGs. If the area isnt completely level then you get the message of not being able to use that here. Like in Twin Peaks the whole instance is slightly elevated to the Horde Side, so if you are running toward the Horde base forget it Heroic Leap doesnt work. If you are running toward the alliance base no issues at all. Seems like Blizzard needs to work out some of the issues with it before Leap will be worth much. I did get a lucky flag capture using it to beat a horde trying to pick up our flag though, and both me and my guildies were shocked that I was actually able to use it.

Other big PvP issue ive noticed is Tol Barad, the queue mechanics are retched. It is completely random, and limited based on the smaller faction on your server. For us on Cenarius there is a very low Horde population, so at times you see maybe 10 horde in the queue. This limits how many people actually get in on the alliance side. This wouldnt be too bad if they had some form of priority to the queue, but I have learned the hard way that hitting the queue button at 14min 59secs does you no better than waiting until the last minute. Getting called is around a 10% chance for me so far.

I welcome any other experiences so far as most of the common pvp sites arent uptodate yet. Last note im also using Blood and Thunder, which i find simply amazing in a mass of hostiles. Rend on every target definitely helps pressure the healer in defensive situations. If you havent tried it Id recommend chargin into the middle of the group holding a base in TB, hit rend then tc and bladestorm and watch the sheep scatter.

Arms PVP

For gems I go - yellow = resil - red = str - blue = hit I feel that resil is the best stat for warriors right now since its hard to build crit.

I also reforge extra stats for crit, and I also try to avoid pvp items with haste and replace it with a pve piece that has crit.

Heric leap useless???? Are you kidding me?
    Heroic leap is a gap opener/closer
    I usully use it to escape when healer cant heal me througbmr hardcore hunter in pve gearz

Regardles

Hit>fulfill meta i use the chotic meta the crit/crit dmg i usually use strength reds resil yellows and stam blues
    As for the shole haste thing , lemmie ask you thiswhy would they put haste on your gear it its useless? I reforge haste into crit when i cant mastery qnd i use 2 dps trinkets 1 js from the vendors the other from bwd thats gg :-)

Heric leap useless???? Are you kidding me?
    Heroic leap is a gap opener/closer
    I usully use it to escape when healer cant heal me througbmr hardcore hunter in pve gearz

Regardles

Hit>fulfill meta i use the chotic meta the crit/crit dmg i usually use strength reds resil yellows and stam blues
    As for the shole haste thing , lemmie ask you thiswhy would they put haste on your gear it its useless? I reforge haste into crit when i cant mastery qnd i use 2 dps trinkets 1 js from the vendors the other from bwd thats gg :-)

Arms PVP

Haste isn't useless but it's the last possible stat you want so I just get crit gear instead.

Spending the last two days doing nothing but arena matches and battlegrounds, I have some updates...

Heroic Leap is getting better to use, mostly due to actually getting used to what terrain will allow it and what terrain wont. Had an epic flag return in the middle of 6 Horde in WSG today. It would be great if the targeting ring only turned green if it was guarenteed to work, but thats a pipe dream. Its definitely more useful in Arenas with the level floors, and its great for closing distances on pesky kiters especially hunters and mages.

As far as Crit vs Mastery. I spent a day running reforged and gemmed for crit, and a day reforged and gemmed for mastery. Granted RNG is at work, but numbers were consistently higher both on the 85 dummy and in pvp with mastery than crit. Full Crit reforging and gemming in yellows, and you get a healthy jump from 5%ish to 10%ish crit, with mastery its like 15%ish chance to proc to 25%ish chance. Nice thing about the mastery is Sudden Death procs off it and extra Colossus Smashes are win. Granted this is mostly perosnal preferance but just info for the taking.

Also concerning spec Im enjoying secondary talents in prot more. Heroic Throw + Gag Order is great for surprise locking out casters (with a 5k-14k damage hit), and incite posts great burst moments. Gag Order macros will be great for more serious arena matches. I tried going down for Piercing Howl, and yes I miss it from the olden days, but one of my arena partners is a frost mage so its really overkill for snares. Who wants to use piercing howl in a group when Bladestorm isnt really used for anything else. However Piercing Howl would be great for snaring the stupid demos in Strand. Charge gets you nowhere near close enough to hit them with anything.

Up to 3k resilience over 8k AP and 112k hps unbuffed. The resilience is what makes all the difference. With no healers in sight it is amazing how well an arms warrior can survive with 32% damage reduction.

In current gear, it's near impossible to have a respectable crit rate, you will need to rely on juggernaut, overpower and cruelty for more crits.

Mastery as a secondary stat(str is #1, never gem for a stat that is not strength or resilience unless the bonus is good/metagem) is at least more consistent than crit, also mastery procs sudden death which is great.

So, to kinda cap all posts thus far... people are finding mastery to be the better overall damage producer over crit?

And and im reading it correctly in thinking people are reforging haste... if this is correct is there some kind of baseline haste? like if you have more then ??? haste then you can safely reforge some...

and what is AP? currently im sitting at 2920 resil - 113k unbuffed - 5.83% crit

Mastery versus crit is more a personal thing, as far as high rated arena or bgs the math isnt completely summed up yet ny the wow think tanks, personally I dont think either matter as much as how well you play. Plus with all the changes Blizzard keeps making to ability damage its kind of hard to pick one or another. I am going with mastery because personally I enjoy the way it plays and the way it feels more bursty. If the finalized math comes out of EJ, and states that crit is better and I am an idiot then I will change it hehe.

As far as haste goes, rage is normalized based on weapon speed so haste does not benefit rage generation at all. All an arms warriors abilities are instant save for slam, which isnt used, so no need to speed anything up. Go for the slowest weapon possible for harder hitting top end damage, so haste doesnt hurt, but it is the least beneficial of all our stats. Therefore if you can reforge haste into hit, expertise, mastery or crit, do it (Obviously accounting for hit and expertise caps).

AP = Attack power

As far as haste goes, rage is normalized based on weapon speed so haste does not benefit rage generation at all.
    Not quite true. Rage is normalized based on weapon speed before factoring in haste. So, more haste will provide more rage, although I wouldn't try to get much haste in PVP.

+ Reply to Thread