+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive Arms PvE Guide 4.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    I get the feeling that we'll be using a macro for IR soon enough.

Not too sure how it would look, I guess some sort of cast sequence macro like:
    /castsequence reset=15 Inner Rage, cancel aura Inner Rage
    the reset is just the Inner Rage duration, which looking at is actually a really long time. It's doesn't seem like 15 seconds of +50% rage usage is going to be manageable at all.

Other than something silly like Hysteria while getting hit by an AoE aura.

Anyways, this'll let us switch it on and off at will which should make it much more manageable and probably end up separating out the really top end Arms warriors (who I'm sure already are doing this as I've seen it suggestions to IR slams / cancel aura immediately).

Also, does IR work with Battle Trance? If so, just imagine:
    Battle Trance proc
    IR
    HS
    Cancel IR
    I did number crunching back in beta to see the value of this sort of action. At one point, with beta values(which are highly different than live values) it was beneficial to use IR on Overpower and maybe... MS(I forget) but for it to be inactive at all other times, unless FUTURE rage income was predictably going to exceed the rate at which you could spend it.

So it had some use. But I still find it ridiculous that the only usefulness a new "skill" yields requires absurd amounts of micro management(which to be honest, probably isn't possible to execute). And, surely, this wasn't Blizzards intention. So... bleh.

But to clarify on the logic you are using, the determinant would be finding all the effective damage per rage values were of all abilities (after factoring in all possible increases such as battle trance and whatever else they added.) Whatever IR modified abilities yielded DPR rage values more efficient then rage dumps (HS and slam) would become abilities that you on/off IR for.

But again, this process is ridiculously meticulous and not worth the effort.

basically all i use IR for now is to pop bladestorm really then i cancelaura out of it and go back to normal

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

yeah, I basically don't use IR at this point. If it's available when I pop bladestorm, then that works pretty well, but outside of that it's really a waste IMHO. I'd much rather see it be something like Recklessness, where it affected the next 3 yellow attacks or something, or even the next 5. That would be much more useful and actually possible to use without it being a complicated mess to coordinate.
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    basically all i use IR for now is to pop bladestorm really then i cancelaura out of it and go back to normal
    Yup yup. That too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamani View Post
    So it had some use. But I still find it ridiculous that the only usefulness a new "skill" yields requires absurd amounts of micro management(which to be honest, probably isn't possible to execute). And, surely, this wasn't Blizzards intention. So... bleh.
    I totally agree. There's no way that IR should last 15 seconds if the intention is to help bleed off rage after/when getting hit by massive AoE. Those situations just don't exist for that long unless the intention is for every healer to quit WoW. Not to mention that I believe it's effecting things like rend cost.

Currently, I'm actually ignoring IR and just focusing on not fumbling my order of operations. But I do envision it being something warriors will have to use eventually. The Bladestorm usage is pretty great, but hard to time IMO since IR at 75 -> Bladestorm will still overcap you on rage (I guess that's just me being anal about wasting rage).

One thing I've been experimenting with is not using any of CS's uptime on rend.

Do you guys find it worth it to use rend during CS or letting it drop off?
    Alternatively, do you push back CS if rend is within 6 seconds of falling off?

I did notice that when I weaved in IR intelligently into my rotation and /cancelaura'ing out of it when i noticed the rage get back down, that my damage actually started catching up with a lot of the other dps classes. My gear isn't exactly spectacular but it's disappointing being just above the tanks on most fights, in the Damage ranking meters. Smart use of IR climbed me anywhere from 3-5 spots just from it alone, so there's definitely some gains to be made with it, it's just gonna take a lot of math/macros/skill to make it work. which is kinda stupid for a default ability we learned from leveling.

What macro are you using to start/stop the effect Kaz?

Also, some nice things brewing for Arms it looks like...

Warrior
    • Charge now shares diminishing returns with stun effects.
    • Cleave damage has been reduced by 20%.
    • Heroic Strike damage has been reduced by 20%.
    Talent Specializations

Arms
    • Juggernaut no longer increases the cooldown on Charge, but instead increases the duration of the Charge stun by 2 seconds. In addition, Charge is usable in all stances, however, the talent now causes Charge and Intercept to share a cooldown.
    • Lambs to the Slaughter: Instead of granting 10/20/30% damage to the next Mortal Strike, Overpower, or Execute, it now grants a 10% buff to any Mortal Strike, Overpower, Slam, or Execute that stacks 1/2/3 times.
    • War Academy no longer buffs Heroic Strike or Cleave. It now buffs Mortal Strike, Raging Blow, Devastate, Victory Rush and Slam.
    Fury
    • Unshackled Fury (Mastery) now grants 5.6% benefit per mastery point, up from 4.7%.
    Glyphs
    • Glyph of Rapid Charge has been changed from a 7% reduction to Charge's cooldown, to 1 second off of the cooldown. This change is primarily to clarify the exact cooldown reduction this glyph provides.

i have two buttons, one to start IR that i have bound to my razer naga button, and another /cancelaura Inner Rage bound to another naga button.

Yeah mostly a pvp nerf to stuns, a nerf to HS, but if the Lambs buff is understood correctly, so long as we maintain MS on our target, we'll dp 30% more damage to our core abilities throughout the fight.

I'm concerned with the nerf to HS/Cleave not being compensated to prot warriors though. the war academy buff for devastate is nice but it seems like BS that we have to spend another 3 points in arms tree when I'm already having difficulties deciding on piercing howl, impending victory, safeguard, and thunderstruck vs BnT.

Actually Lambs is a buff on ourselves, so we only have to hit some mob with MS every 15 sec to maintain the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    i have two buttons, one to start IR that i have bound to my razer naga button, and another /cancelaura Inner Rage bound to another naga button.
    I'll play around with the sample macro I posted on page 1 to see if it works. But then again toggles aren't always the best way to go, but alas I'm running out of room on my keybings (I kind of like how many things Arms can do now).

Yeah mostly a pvp nerf to stuns, a nerf to HS, but if the Lambs buff is understood correctly, so long as we maintain MS on our target, we'll dp 30% more damage to our core abilities throughout the fight.
    The nerf to HS has been long overdue. Blues were even grumbling about warriors using HS over Slam during *beta*. I imagine this should end the debate on skipping Improved Slam though.

Also, wow I totally misread the Lambs buff. I didn't realize that it's no longer consumed. That is going to be huge indeed.

I rather like the Juggernaught change as a PvE-er. It seems that when I farm, I always down mobs in ~15 seconds. So I have to wait or use Heroic Leap to get to the next mob. Now I won't. Lame reason I know, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    I rather like the Juggernaught change as a PvE-er. It seems that when I farm, I always down mobs in ~15 seconds. So I have to wait or use Heroic Leap to get to the next mob. Now I won't. Lame reason I know, but I love it.
    A-freaking-men

I'm almost more stoked about that than the LttS buff. Almost.

And also this;

Meta gems with the Chaotic and Relentless prefixes now have a requirement of 3 red gems.
    New meta gems have been added: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped.

I know some people had no issues with activating the meta before but it will now be a no brainer. Yay.

Woot! A STR meta!

A-freaking-men

as am i. now i get to replace that glyph of rapid charge with something more appealing. =P

im glad they finally are fixing the meta requirement. now i can gem my gear properly. str based meta is sweet. lot of farming to find it though. ill probably spend the money to buy it off the ah if im not having luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hoof View Post
    Hmm, I was almost positive that the way it worked was that you couldn't trigger deadly calm if inner rage was up, but you could trigger inner rage if deadly calm was already going. I could, however be smoking crack.
    Yes, it is possible to use IR during DC, if you have 75 rage.

Im curious.

1. How do you guys do AoE damage? I start off with: Rend > Thunder Clap (to spread rend) > Cleave > Bladestorm.
    2. Is it +dps to use Bladestorm against single targets (boss fights)?

Quote Originally Posted by Aschenherz View Post
    1. How do you guys do AoE damage? I start off with: Rend > Thunder Clap (to spread rend) > Cleave > Bladestorm.
    Don't forget sweeping strikes! I pop mine after bladestorm, mostly so that my threat gain is smoother.

2. Is it +dps to use Bladestorm against single targets (boss fights)?
    I believe it is. I'm not convinced it is damage-wise, but when you factor in the rage gain it's pretty solid.

I was wondering if anyone used this macro:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=5 Deadly Calm, Inner Rage

I usually use this when I'm over 75 rage and hit the macro twice so you get free attacks that do more damage. Its nice when you want to use it for the extra burst but I'm thinking its almost better to make IR macros with certain attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hoof View Post
    Actually the LttS buff has a huge ramification. They wanted to nerf Arms burst in PvP. Mission accomplished. And Arms got a PvE boost out of the deal. Good times.

To stay on the current topic, it looks like Inner Rage / Deadly Calm can be used in conjunction if you watch the order of operations. I don't believe this has always been the case though, so it kind of sounds like a bug. Or maybe its I'm wrong and we should learn this habit for extra dps.

Quote Originally Posted by shiz98 View Post
    I believe it is. I'm not convinced it is damage-wise, but when you factor in the rage gain it's pretty solid.
    Should I try to activate IF before bladestorming every time? In some cases (e.g. mob spawns, need of fast and/or spontanious aoe) I dont have the 75 rage to activate it, but could already go for the bladestorm. Should I try to gain rage asap and wait with my bladestorm till I can activate IF, or should I be using bladestorm right away?

Every second I wait with my bladestorm is a second of wasted possible DPS. IF is a DPS gain. Whats your thoughts on this?

+ Reply to Thread