+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Al'Akir

Hello anyone know the addon name who show the debuff time bar on al akir from the adds you kill ?

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post
    If dps is on track he should hit p3 by 11-13 stacks of acid rain, any more and the damage will get too high.
    25man ? Woah, we better handle them adds abit better. whinping at 20 stack or something, can't get past P3 atm , 25man that is, guess i gotta heal MOAR.. Or our dps sucks

Hi, I have a small question related to Al'Akir

While I am tanking it and I am out of melee range, besides the fact that I am electrocuted, does the boss hits another player? perhaps the next in threat if he is close to the boss ?

thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Cindorella View Post
    25man ? Woah, we better handle them adds abit better. whinping at 20 stack or something, can't get past P3 atm , 25man that is, guess i gotta heal MOAR.. Or our dps sucks
    You need more dps, not more healing. 20 stacks is basically unhealable. It gets pretty rough at about 15 or so...you should really be in p3 by then...if your healers are pro you can go a few more.

To the guy who asked, yes, you can block (and bubble, I think, and cloak) off acid rain.

Sha,

If you're tanking and you move away from the boss, he does not melee anybody else. In fact, he doesn't do anything (cast wind burst, for example) while electrocuting. So if you forsee a bad squall line/wind burst combo as a tank, you back out of range and take the electrocute. A nice combo is electrocute and the Baradin's Wardens mastery/resist trinket's use...

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    You need more dps, not more healing. 20 stacks is basically unhealable. It gets pretty rough at about 15 or so...you should really be in p3 by then...if your healers are pro you can go a few more.

To the guy who asked, yes, you can block (and bubble, I think, and cloak) off acid rain.
    Oh i see. Thanks mate, guess i don't have to feel noobish for not beeing able to heal throught these 18stack tries then. So basically, if you miss an add, you suck?

FYI, lol, Cataclysm on Bladefist made a mistake and found out there is a 10 minute enrage timer, just in case anyone loses some peeps and has a tank and 3 healers alive at P3 lol. Thanks Aliena for all the work you put in to helping us not fail in our raids

Just a question. In P1 there is a combo, wind burst + tornado, how does your tank avoid that combo without link the charge with the other group?

(sorry for my english and thx in advance)

Quote Originally Posted by pingus View Post
    Hello anyone know the addon name who show the debuff time bar on al akir from the adds you kill ?
    I'm using Satrina Buff Frames. It was quite quick to make SBF show timer and stacks for the Feedback debuff on the focus frame, which is where I keep the boss.

Is it not possible for the tank to walk htrough Al'Akir to avoid the cyclones? Or is he some weird new unclippable boss, I noticed they did this with some of the vendors and I guess it makes sense they'd do it with a boss.

When should our Guild be attempting Al'Akir? We're at 4/12, with Omnotron Defense System on firm farm status, and Halfus Wrymbreaker, Conclave of Wind and Magmaw all been killed. Our Guild is currently wondering where to go next, we're thinking Maloriak and then Theralion and Valiona, but we don't know where Al'Akir would fit into our progression plan..

Drakes first, then Chimaeron, Atramedes and Maloriak afterwards. Done? Council and then either Cho'gall or Al'Akir but due to the loot i'd recommend Cho'gall. The requirements and learning curve is almost the same.

Ah, so its your recommendation to go for Theralion and Valiona, and leave Maloriak until much later on? I heard that he's actually one of the easier bosses, so it's why we was going for him next.. either way, your answer was quite clear that Al'Akir is quite a ways off.

Quote Originally Posted by Charonites View Post
    Ah, so its your recommendation to go for Theralion and Valiona, and leave Maloriak until much later on? I heard that he's actually one of the easier bosses, so it's why we was going for him next.. either way, your answer was quite clear that Al'Akir is quite a ways off.
    Valiona is quite simple really, just co-ordination and movement. Maloriak depends a good bit on your interruption abilities and aoe. However, now he has a 7minute enrage instead of 6minute making the fight cakewalk. Maloriak is the only boss we struggled on and we're 10/12 at the moment.

Anyway on topic again, I find phase 1 a big RNG fest with the knockback and tornadoes generally being the culprits, is there any way to always get through this phase instead of wiping to RNG. Or is RNG a part of the entire encounter, I noticed the same from add spawns in phase 2, they should be made more consistant in my view.

And is it confirmed that after the second cloud is spawned you can move back to the top in P3 or is it the third cloud spawns move up.

Something to note that may be of some help:

It seems to be possible for hunters to disengage out of a twister if they happen to find themselves caught in one for some reason. This can save you from the twister's damage, and may prevent the chain from hitting a second group from being carried into them by the squall line.

A couple other notes from this fight- Hunters are able to avoid moving in to the gap in the tornados by simply jumping off the edge and disengaging back on the platform on the other side. Also, people keep asking about the RNG of the tornados and the wind burst. We have found that if you have a wind burst with a tornado approaching your area, you are better served to run either to or from the tornados, allowing you to stagger when the tornado will reach you from when the wind burst hits. This does mean people need to think 5-10 seconds ahead at all times.

There was a stealth nerf in 4.0.6 for this fight - the p1 chain lightning cones are now 1/2 to 2/3 their original size, much more room for lateral movement to get through squall lines now. As our MT in 25, this is a welcome nerf for a stressful phase, haha.

We have been having some problems in the second phase. Even with stormlings executed correctly we keep getting too many stacks of acid rain. We bunch up everyone in front of him at that time and melee have been making a note of him parrying a lot. Is it viable to split grp into 2 ? Ranged and tank on 1 side (6 o'clock) and melee more to the back (2 o'clock) ? stormling tank between maybe, or just the ranged+healers between ?

Also thought I'd give a few tips I've learned through all our wipes so far, hope they help (feel free to refute them if I'm bullshitting):
    When you get combination of knockback+tornado coming your way, one tends to strafe left or right to hit the hole just before the knockback, or so that you can recover from the knockback and then hit the hole. And to reduce chaining dmg, every melee stands at max melee range so there is less risk of chaining. Same goes with other grps. If they see that the group next to them needing to deal with this combo, they can strafe a few steps also to give them more levay.

My group is pretty pro at surviving phase 1. Phase 2 is what is giving us trouble.. What is a good way to keep the stacks up on the boss? We can get to 5 or 6 before it starts dropping off. We've tried saving 2 or 3 at the start so we have some leway, but trying to heal the tank through this and acid rain and eletrocute becomes too much pretty fast. Do you just dps them down as fast as you can?

Quote Originally Posted by wowaddict29 View Post
    What is a good way to keep the stacks up on the boss? We can get to 5 or 6 before it starts dropping off. We've tried saving 2 or 3 at the start so we have some leway, but trying to heal the tank through this and acid rain and eletrocute becomes too much pretty fast.
    No matter how many you save at the beggining, the most important part is to make your dps understand(this is the tricky part) that all their damage comes from correct stormling killing. Starting to kill adds a bit after 3rd one spawns is very useful, since it gives an adequate time buffer for you to work with.

What we do is always mark one with skull (the one that must die) let the ranged weaken every new add to 50%, and everyone assist on klling them on time. Pop hero/lust at 7-8 stacks and do not tunnelvision, keep on managing adds even then.

I don't understand why your tank takes electrocute damage though, it should be only briefly (1-2 seconds) if he has to move to the edge to avoid a squall line, where he can also pop a CD to minimize damage taken (TB resist trinket works wonders here).

Hope it helps you, good luck

+ Reply to Thread