+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So Which Guide is More Legit?

So I'm confused now...

Shockwave More Damage and more Threat? Or just more damage? Or is Devastate more damage due to its crit chance and less threat.

And is Concussion Blow out of the rotation?

Roughly:
    concussion blow threat = shockwave threat > devastate threat
    shockwave damage > devastate damage > concussion blow damage
    but shockwave can't be dodged/parried. therefore shockwave threat > concussion blow threat (on avg)

more rules to add to more buttons for marginal gains in something that really doesn't matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Since Tankspot hasn't made one yet I've been looking at other sources, but they vary...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981898783 from the WoW Forums

http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t110315-...ction_warrior/
    The post on the WoW forums is pretty detailed and makes some decent suggestions for gear/enchants/gems etc. Rotation wise I think I used whatever was on Tankspot or EJ, nothing wrong with EJ but their warrior section isnt as detailed as the paladin one which makes me browse through Tankspot more for advice.

As for using Shockwave in a rotation I think on some website I read that if you did take Thunderstruck you'd Shockwave after getting 3 stacks.

It's only a side-effect but at least for non-(raid)-bosses, SW is a good thing to include into your rotation, because of the stun. Especially with caster mobs. It's a form of dmg prevention which does even do dmg, so don't miss it. While many people only think about raid-bosses, you will spend a lot of time single targeting other mobs.

I too moved away from EJ for tank related discussions. There are some good discussions and guides on other topics. But I don't like the overreacting admins and the over long threads. Both problems are related. I don't mind "elitistic" discussions but I don't think it's ok to give an infraction for posts that are quite helpfull for the discussion just because one writes bad English or stuff.

Bonus threat has been mostly removed. There are still some abilities with a bit of bonus threat (Heroic Throw is the biggest example), but generally you can assume that more damage is more threat.

Shockwave is our highest damage ability by a bit of a margin due to its lack of avoidance potenital, thus having higher damage on average.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    So I'm confused now...
    Shockwave More Damage and more Threat? Or just more damage? Or is Devastate more damage due to its crit chance and less threat.
    And is Concussion Blow out of the rotation?
    Shockwave is unchanged from 3.3.5. It was more damage than Devastate before. It's more damage and threat now, due to Devastate losing its innate threat bonus.

Same with CB. Nothing's changed. It was poo for damage, but great for threat before, same as now. I personally use it at the beginning of the fight for a nice threat boost, but don't use it otherwise, unless there's an add to stun or somethnig (maybe a threat-drop phase change).

For all abilities (with the exception of CB) if it hits harder, it does more threat.
    Last edited by Andenthal; 12-31-2010 at 12:57 PM.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

Heroic Throw also has a 1.5 times threat multiplier, which is worth considering.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

I always forget about that
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

Warrior tanking for threat hasn't changed much in terms of priority/rotation, however cooldowns/survival abilities have. If you don't have every heal available to you on your bars... you need them.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread