+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mastery Stacking

Mastery Stacking

Hey everyone on the Tankspot forums just wanted to ask the people about mastery stacking and Geming for me i been doing 20 master 30 stam in most slots and i wanted to know if im about rdy for 10 and 25 mans cause we are going to start in a few days and i wanna know if im up to Par. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../tastetherage/

P.S i been lookin for a good spec for tanking i dont know if what i have is the right one but any info would be super. Thanks tankspot and its members have a good Xmas and New Years.

Your block is great...i mean you want a good block...75%...so when you use your shield block its like a mini shield wall. You are sacrificing a lot of stam tho to reach that. I personally would suggest trying to be at 150k HP unbuffed with your block at 50%. I use stam trinkets to counter act the low stam gems so i dont drop to far in the HP pool.

This is all just my opinion and what I do personally. If anyone has a better way please feel free to correct me.

IMO good starting stats for raiding are about 150k hp, 50% block, 15% parry, 10% dodge
    from what i have seen and what I do, that is about what it comes out to be if you stack mastery.

my specs are in my sig block off my armory.
    I keep forgetting to drop gag order to put 2 in thunderstruck or BnT in my main spec. since its kind of worthless cuz i dont interrupt due to my low hit, not a guaranteed interrupt. My off spec is purely AOE and what i use on trash or when i need to slow mobs or w/e. Until I see an issue with my threat i will prolly use these specs for good. I am noticing my rage is not a huge issue with my rotation so i may drop 2 points in shield spec for 2 in BnT also in my main spec...then see how my dps and threat change
    Tanks...You're Welcome!
    Descendings Armory | Descendings UI

thanks Fakemessiah for your input it was a good read if anyone has anymore input please write

You're fine. There is no real burst damage that you have to prepare for. The closest is some magic damage on some fights so I'd recommend Prismatic Elixir and Elixir of Mastery. For those fights you may want to also equip a stamina trinket but it shouldn't really be needed.

I've read elsewhere on ts that 140 unbuffed hp is an effective entry point for raiding. Getting into the 150s unbuffed would basically require stam stacking your gems again.

I have tanked 4 bosses so far with ~133k unbuffed HP, 11.7% Dodge and 12.9% Parry, 46.4% Block. There has been nothing in any of the encounters that has challenged my health, aside from mistakes on my end or the healers. Actually, some of the trash has been more trying than the bosses.

Nothing has changed this raid tier compared to the previous 7 or so - in regards to gearing. (normal mode) Raids are usually tuned for players in gear about 1.5 tiers below what drops in the instance it. If the raid is dropping 359's that means it was probably tuned for those in ~340 average item level gear.

Getting to the stats listed above would require getting nearly every heroic 5 man piece you could get and some crafted gear.

OP - you're good to go
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

I was aiming at 150k for 25 mans...where you take a lot more damage. Also gives the healers a little ore play room.

As for the starting stats, I should have clarified a little better. I wasn't meaning that you should hit those stats b4 you should raid. I meant that those are great starting numbers to aim for.
    my first raid i was at 141k HP, 12% dodge, 13% parry, and 40% block. Once i got more heroic gear and did better gemming and enchanting/reforging and picked up the BS craftables I was able to reach those numbers for the next week and it helped out tremendously.

Yeah some of the trash is a little brutal
    Tanks...You're Welcome!
    Descendings Armory | Descendings UI

damn you guys rock thanks for all the input but i got that neck last from blackrock caverns now i really only need that trinket from stonecore or Grim batol i been running them once a day each. Anyone else notice how much people fail at charge on that first at grim batol lol

+ Reply to Thread