+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin tanking question

Paladin tanking question

I just would like to know which is more important hit or expertise in raids at 85. I know at 80 i stacked expertise and got the softcap then i worked on hit but i was never .. ever capped. Can you please let me know

Expertise Is generally better than Hit for TPS, you need as much of both of them to be comfortable with your TPS. The exception being you need 8% hit if you are going to be a relaible interupt man for your guild runs

I think Main Tankadin said that Expertise up to 26 is the highest for TPS, followed by Hit to 8, then Expertise up to 55. Works good for me.

Paladin tanking question

So far, I am not seeing either as a viable option. Survivability is such that you must maximize that. Threat has been simple with whatever natively comes on the gear with the best survival stats. Reforging should focus on more survivability. If you have threat issues, look to spec and rotation.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

You will not be able to get your hit and expertise (soft)capped until late T12 or T13 content without sacrificing a huge chunk of survivability Focus on stamina, avoidance and mastery, threat stats will come with better gear.

+ Reply to Thread