+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need warrior help

Need warrior help

Hey all, new to posting on here. I have a 85 warrior and am slowly collecting tanking gear so I still have some greens/blues. That is not my question though..
    What are the caps for all my needed stats?
    I'm not sure how much dodge/parry/block/mastery/hit i need to aim for.
    any help would be awesome!

You don't have to worry about dodge/parry/block(mastery) caps for now. The more you have, the better.

As for the threat stats, the hit cap is 8% and the expertise soft cap is 26.

I was told by another warrior on my server to not go over the dodge cap but he couldnt tell me what it is.

Unlike WoLK Parry and Dodge do not have individual soft caps before diminshing returns, which makes each point gained provide less benefit the higher the individual stat got.

In Cata, Parry and Dodge share the diminshing return soft cap. The best thing to do currently is simply try to keep them at roughly the same number. This way when you get new gear that has either parry or dodge you'll be getting more benefit for the stat because you havent hit the diminishing return.

Other then that, pump as much as you can into mastery. The most common approach being discussed in the tanking community is to aim for passive 75% adding your block+parry+ dodge. If you can get those three stats to equate to 75% then every time you Shield Block for 10 secs you will not take any melee hit at full value because you will either, dodge, miss, parry, block for 30% reduction or crit block for 60% reduction.

For expertise and hit, only get as much as you need to maintain your threat over those you run with. Currently, I have 3.46% hit and 3 expertise with not threat issues barring DPS not following a kill order. You can get a lot of mastery from reforging Hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachin View Post
    I was told by another warrior on my server to not go over the dodge cap but he couldnt tell me what it is.
    My wife argues in the same fashion. I don't listen to her either.

Take the advice above and get to the 75% combined cap. Oh, and expect to see MISS / DODGE / PARRY from time to time when you strike an enemy. Due to low EXP and HIT it happens. The only concern is you may miss a taunt.

EDIT > For the taunt, I'm not 100% sure on this. I'm confident I've seen it happen, but perhaps aggro switched so fast ( though I swear I saw MISS ). Can anyone confirm or deny that Taunt can't miss. If so, the math or theory ( or link ) to show it.
    Last edited by nserafini; 12-28-2010 at 09:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread