+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you plan on getting with Valor Points?

What do you plan on getting with Valor Points?

I was just wondering what everyone plans to get first with their valor points.

I feel like there isn't much of a need to get the cloak or boots since you can get them both through rep, or a cloak if you pay for it. However, I am debating whether it is worth it to get the ring, since there aren't too many tanking rings that are available with the earlier bosses. Or, If I should save up and start getting tier pieces like the gloves.

What is everyone else doing?

Thanks,
    Rampaige

i plan on getting the chest first and hoping legs or gloves drop off voa 2.0 boss in the meantime. boots and cloak you can get from rep so don't get those first. if i get the chest and either gloves or legs drop for me, then i'll get the ring next and hope by then my guild will be working on nef and cho'gall for the other 2 pieces for my 4 piece.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I have gloves from hold boss, engineering helm, so BP is first buy and hoping for pants from hold boss, then shoulders as soon as i can get mark. for 4pc

probably nothing

if my guild raids like they did in ICC,were probably never gonna get anything down.but ive been more focused on actually getting geared for the raids and not looking up crap about blackwing descent or whatever the entry 10-25 man raid is suppose to be

Stockpiling to near 4000 probably. There are a ton of loot ready for the taking and the difficulty atm isn't hard enough to warrant risking 2200VP on an upgrade that might also drop. I won't spend them until hardmodes are unlocked.

Getting the tier chest first, dont think there is any risk buying the chest since its better then other epic drops. Might save some points like gacktt after the chest and see what drops.

Even while the chest is great, a blacksmith can build an epic one, too. I probably will try to upgrade to epic in every slot before spending my points for a slot that I can upgrade in another way. (I can take the chest later.)

IMO the crafted epic chest http://www.wowhead.com/spell=76443 is worse than the 220 JP vendor chest http://www.wowhead.com/item=58101. the blue chest has mastery which is a much higher priority than expertise. The blue chest also has 2 gem slots which with 2 60 stam gems gives more stam than the crafted epic chest. If i had to take either the tank chest or dps chest, I would take the dps chest because of the mastery.

Higher ilvl does not mean upgrade.

On topic though I can't decide between the ring or a tier piece since my rings are actually dps rings reforged.

crafted tank chest is a threat piece.

although how exactly are people getting 4k when it says the weekly maximum is 1250.im assuming since it says weekly that it resets what points you have everyweek to which sucks

weekly maximum is how many points you can get in a week before not getting anymore. the next week your maximum is reset but you keep what points you have earned the previous weeks.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Yeah, getting the chest first just in case I get drops from the Tol Barad boss.

The blacksmithing chest isn't worth crafting if you're raiding right now. Just buy the tier chest first. It's better, has set bonuses, and is upgradeable to heroic.

The belt and shield are definitely worth crafting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Agmar View Post
    The belt and shield are definitely worth crafting though.
    i don't think the belt is worth it since omnitron and conclaive of wind both drop belts.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

What ever piece, that will improve me the best at that time.
    When all else fails, Bubble.

My Relics.

Likely, I'll grab the ring when I'm at or near the VP cap and the chest if I'm near cap a second time and we haven't gotten the tokens to drop yet. I'd grab the chest first if I hadn't already gotten lucky with an Icebone Hauberk, and I'll wait to see if the legs or gloves drop from Tol Barad.
    Last edited by Bellanca; 12-28-2010 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzazi View Post
    Even while the chest is great, a blacksmith can build an epic one, too. I probably will try to upgrade to epic in every slot before spending my points for a slot that I can upgrade in another way. (I can take the chest later.)
    Same or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by uglie View Post
    IMO the crafted epic chest http://www.wowhead.com/spell=76443 is worse than the 220 JP vendor chest http://www.wowhead.com/item=58101. the blue chest has mastery which is a much higher priority than expertise. The blue chest also has 2 gem slots which with 2 60 stam gems gives more stam than the crafted epic chest. If i had to take either the tank chest or dps chest, I would take the dps chest because of the mastery.

Higher ilvl does not mean upgrade.
    While your final comment is absolutely true and while mastery is likely more important than expertise I'm not seeing much of anyone advocating pure stam stacking in their gem slots. Virtually everyone is arguing for gemming to socket bonuses which nets out to less stamina than you're suggesting.

Matching the socket bonus will still get your more stamina than the crafted chest. Most tanks don't care about the extra strength. And the extra rating is all going into threat stats even if you reforge the expertise. So it's really a luxury item as far as I'm concerned.

I suppose the extra armor might even out the EH health between the pieces, but that's bang for buck is just so different between the two.

I got the T11 chest first, and will likely get the gloves next week, maybe i'll wait for legs, not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Matching the socket bonus will still get your more stamina than the crafted chest. Most tanks don't care about the extra strength. And the extra rating is all going into threat stats even if you reforge the expertise. So it's really a luxury item as far as I'm concerned.

I suppose the extra armor might even out the EH health between the pieces, but that's bang for buck is just so different between the two.
    To be clear, my point wasn't about that piece specifically but about stacking in general. Should have been more clear.

+ Reply to Thread