+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS gear with mastery/more stam? or tank gear with dodge/parry?

DPS gear with mastery/more stam? or tank gear with dodge/parry?

As I'm gearing up on my prot warrior i keep asking myself if its worth it to drop dedicated tanking gear that is lower level for higher gear score DPS gear with mastery and higher stam. Is the mastery and stam worth dropping dodge and parry?

well mastery is the best stat to have on your gear now as a prot warrior. i took a few hit/mastery and expertise/mastery pieces in my tanking set from heroics to get ready for raids as quick as i could. most of your pieces should have dodge and parry on it to help with avoidance but a piece here and there with hit/mastery or exp/mastery is fine.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Nothing wrong with using mastery/expertise or mastery/hit epics, you can just reforge the offense stat and have a great piece of armor that has more stamina.

The large amount of mastery on Dragon Bone Warhelm and Gravitational pull make them very good. Personally i would skip items with haste/mastery or crit/mastery.

Those are both tank items, the helm socket bonus is a huge chunk of stam. As for the gloves, they have less str on them than an actual dps piece. Tank gear has always had expertise/hit on them sometimes, it's just hard to tell the difference now because mastery is both a tanking and dps stat.
    He who is afraid to lose will never win.
    Only when the power of love overcomes the worlds love of power, will mankind know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by ironsides View Post
    Those are both tank items, the helm socket bonus is a huge chunk of stam. As for the gloves, they have less str on them than an actual dps piece. Tank gear has always had expertise/hit on them sometimes, it's just hard to tell the difference now because mastery is both a tanking and dps stat.
    Yet I can see some DPS argue for it.

+ Reply to Thread