+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cho'gall

Just a quick question, does the Corruption: Sickness at 50% only make you vomit once? Or is it any corruption >50% will make you vomit randomly at any given time.

Just once

We had hard times yesterday, this was our first attempt at 25 man.
    I was tanking and picking up the adds.
    1/ Cho'gall had regulary more than 4 or 5 stacks of his twisted devotion buff. I guess it is too much...Is it possible to completely avoid that? How many stacks should we have?

2/ How do you manage the DPS on the Adherents? We tried to only put the ranged DPS on them, but I feel this was not enough...they always died juste before the Cho'gall Fury and I had to jump/charge to taunt Cho'gall quickly.

3/ Our healers took massive corruption with the Corrupting Crash ability, mainly because the heal was very intensive and they just could'nt move out of the corrupting crash while keeping the tanks alive.

We put him 7% but we do not put him on phase 2 on every attempt...
    Nerf Rock, paper is fine
    -Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Grakzul Slaughtbringer View Post
    We had hard times yesterday, this was our first attempt at 25 man.
    I was tanking and picking up the adds.
    1/ Cho'gall had regulary more than 4 or 5 stacks of his twisted devotion buff. I guess it is too much...Is it possible to completely avoid that? How many stacks should we have?
    ideally, zero. He should never be above 4. For worships where the raid is camped at the boss he should never have more than two. More means your CC/Interrupts are slacking.

2/ How do you manage the DPS on the Adherents? We tried to only put the ranged DPS on them, but I feel this was not enough...they always died juste before the Cho'gall Fury and I had to jump/charge to taunt Cho'gall quickly.
    We put all DPS on the adherents, they die about 6 seconds before fester blood. They need to die before fester blood is cast.
    3/ Our healers took massive corruption with the Corrupting Crash ability, mainly because the heal was very intensive and they just could'nt move out of the corrupting crash while keeping the tanks alive.
    People shouldn't be taking damage other than the three shadow orders pulses every 90ish seconds. If you have a warrior tank put him as the second tank on the boss, spell reflect deflects the flame orders damage which relieves a lot of healer stress.
    We put him 7% but we do not put him on phase 2 on every attempt...
    If you can get the mind controls, add damage and people not taking unnecessary damage (this means pretty much all damage on the raid other than shadow orders) you will get to P2 consistently, then it is just a case of focussing down tentacles. Everyone should enter P2 with under 5 corruption, anyone with more than 15 will be a liability at 10%, anyone going into P2 with more than 20 will be dead by 10%.

Great, thanks.
    We only put the ranged on the Adherents because the melee had to move from the boss to the add, and then back to the boss and we stated this was a loss of DPS on Cho'Gall (we keep in mind that we shouldn't exceed 4 Adhrents). We will try this way. I think that if your DPS on the add is too short, this will likely cause a problem, because we had Cho'gall summoning his add and then casting his fury 5 seconds later...kind of difficult to handle for us.
    For the Mind Control and the Twisted Devotion buff, I'm sure you're right, so we sucked at interrupting them. I hope we will do better tonight. Thx!
    Nerf Rock, paper is fine
    -Scissors

I see that several tentacles spawn in 25 man, how many spawn in 10 man?

Quote Originally Posted by PriestMLH View Post
    Just a quick question, does the Corruption: Sickness at 50% only make you vomit once? Or is it any corruption >50% will make you vomit randomly at any given time.
    When you hit 50%, you can vomit at any time, but there is a 4 second debuff that will give you warning. When the debuff ticks to 0, that's when you will vomit. I use big wigs and it gives me a nice warning whenever that debuff comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    Everyone should enter P2 with under 5 corruption, anyone with more than 15 will be a liability at 10%, anyone going into P2 with more than 20 will be dead by 10%.
    Is this a good guide on corruption? I very frequently enter stage 2 with 0 as a healer, I'm just wondering how strict to be on others who seem to get corruption more often than I do. If others agree with those numbers, then I can tell regularly underperforming raiders that they are simply holding us back with X stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andaya View Post
    Is this a good guide on corruption? I very frequently enter stage 2 with 0 as a healer, I'm just wondering how strict to be on others who seem to get corruption more often than I do. If others agree with those numbers, then I can tell regularly underperforming raiders that they are simply holding us back with X stacks.
    I don't think it's that strict. My guild finally got our first Cho'gall kill last night and we had spriest at 37 corruption going into the 2nd phase, with the two other ranged both at 20. The spriest died because we let him tank some adds and get brezzed, but the lock and hunter didn't come close.
    Worse than you.

On the other hand there is absolutely NO reason to get any corruption whatsoever. If I can place the adherents right on the edge of the slime pool where the others had died without gaining a single point of corruption, they can make sure they dodge shadow crashes and avoid being hit by slimes. People going into P2 with nearly 40 corruption will be causing unnecessary damage to the raid, forcing the healers to burn mana, every mistake made early on in the fight has a knock-on effect later on when you go into the final phase.

We found the difficulty of this fight goes down if you speed the 1st phase, we kill the 1st set of adds then we use heroism, that make us only deal with 3 adherents total, and ppl get to the last phase with relatively low corruption, hero/lust in the last phase is not that effective since dps has to switch between the boss and the tentacles. The best times is right after the adds from the 1st fester blood die, since you have like 40ish seconds to spare before the 2nd adherent of pure boss dps, works golden.
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by PriestMLH View Post
    Made me vomit constantly.

Positioning

My guild has been banging our heads against this guy for 2 weeks, and we still haven't gotten to p2. My RL insists that I tank cho'gal right at the mouth of the throne and then deposit the slime pools as far up the stairs as possible.

I have suggested tanking them closer to each other(cho'gal near the middle) to minimize movement but he feels that we need all the time we can get on the adds.

We have 1 hunter 1 destro lock 1 fire mage and 1 ele shammy as our ranged. It seems to me they should have no trouble killing the adds even if cho'gal is in the middle of the room. (we tried a coulpe runs with the lock going demo but it hurt their dps too much and I personally think it shouldn't matter, especially with the hunter(SV spec).

Anyone see this as something I should really try to change about our set up? Or does it not make much of a difference?

Movement = dps lost and you can't damage the adds from further away then 40y from the camp so place the first two adds ~ 50y away and the next to roughly 40y should be enough to have everybode capable of dealing with the adds as the spawn.

You can do both things actually. We start not at the exact middle but close, and progressively move Cho'gal closer to the throne after each wave, like the first 2 waves you can put the adds pool next to each other at the top of the stairs, then the next 2 at the bottom and move Cho'gal closer to the throne. 1 rdps the 1st wave, 2 the 2nd, and soo on, call hero/lust right when the 1st adherent dies and you won't deal with the 4th wave if your DSP is decent.
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

Cho'gall

Here are a few of the strategies that have made it so that my guild rarely has any trouble downing Cho'gall.

1. Add Death Placement must be good. (Place dead adherrents side by side at the top of the stairs and the bottom. If you get to the 5th outside of "push him" phase, you're dead.)

2. You need atleast 2, preferably 3 good aoe classes.

Great classes for this are:
    Fire Mages
    Survival Hunters due to Entrapment

Due to group comp, you're likely going to need either a warlock or rogue to come back and help w/ 15/20 add phases.

3. Your Survival Hunter should be able to get two frost traps down each and every time adds spawn. The first must be placed w/in 20 seconds of the Corrupted Adherrent spawning, the second should be placed between the raid stack point and the adds after the first has been triggered.

4. Get Depravity interrupted each and every cast. This is a frequent source of raid wipes due to the fact that not many people think that an add could possibly be causing wipes when it dies 40s after spawning.

5. Make sure that all dps including your ranged use whatever interrupts they have on tentacles in phase 2. These tentacles must be interrupted and dps'd down as soon as possible. My guild doesn't have many ranged interrupters so we normally have 2 melee whose job it is to interrupt 2 tentacles a piece and then help dps them.

Last but not least. Make sure that everyone in your group knows about each and every ability they have that can break worship and worshipped people are calling out in vent. Anything that can incapacitate a player in PvP will work here.

Examples:

Stuns
    Disorients
    Sleeps
    Fears
    Interrupts
    Silences?

Quote Originally Posted by targetman View Post
    Anyone see this as something I should really try to change about our set up? Or does it not make much of a difference?
    We only have 1 melee dps in our 10 man so what we do is move the boss side to side. We start him a little more than halfway between the throne and portal and everyone does their DPS thing. When the add pops out, the tank grabs it and starts moving to the steps at the back of the room. While the ranged dps is on the add, the tank takes Cho'gall over to the other side, again just past halfway from the throne and portal.

This way, the new tank is able to pick up the add immediately and start building some decent threat, cause our ranged DPS starts going to town immediately. The DPS Warrior stays on Cho'gall full time.

my ten man is having an incredibly hard time even with 3 healers making it ph2. either adherent isnt going down quickly or tanks die.... interupts are ok, i do several as i MT.
    raid make up is as follows:
    pally tank
    warrior tank
    2 mages
    druid heals
    pally heals
    priest heals
    hunter
    shammy

any help would be greatly appreciated

Weve tryed Cho'gall last night, but it wasn a big thing tho. Dunno i guess the DPS wasnt that good. What im interested in is, how much DPS should i have as a DPS Class. Cause our DPS Classes are only at about 13K DPS which is not that much tho, and where only the first 2 peeps in recount. For interrupting the Warship i use as a Tank my Pally Shield. Everyone stacks up behind Cho'gall so when i see the Marks i use my Shield to interrupt them as soon as i see it, does take me just 1 sek.

Our Raid Setup :

TANKS
    ---------------------
    Druid Tank
    Pally Tank
    ---------------------
    DPS
    ---------------------
    Elemental Shaman
    Warlock
    Druid Cat
    Paladin Retr
    Hunter
    ---------------------
    HEALERS
    ---------------------
    Shaman
    Druid
    Holy Priest
    ---------------------

Weve reached the 39 % Mark at our 4th Add , which is very very bad. Could someone give me an advice for the DPS classes to play more efficent ?

+ Reply to Thread