+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cho'gall

What happens if a moonkin places their Solar Beam silence AoE over the raid camp just before worship goes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertsmb View Post
    Yeah, I have thought about dropping down to 2 healers. Holy pally and Holy priest. Both Light of Dawn quality players, but we all know things have changed. We used a similar config on Chimaeron, and had the dps with heals tipping themselves over 10k. Anyone else with good ideas would be very helpful.
    We finally got him down last night using two healers (druid and pally). The extra dps was a nice boost for faster transitions and more dps in phase 2. It also allowed us to only have to kill 3 adds in phase 1 (tank just held the 4th).

we got our kill last night -

dk + pala tanks
    surv
    ele
    spriest
    feral
    assasi
    restod
    hpriest
    hpala

1pool - surv solo
    2pool - surv + ele
    3pool - surv + ele + my dnd
    4pool - surv + ele + my dnd + roguefok

p2 we had our holy pala using the holy wrath glyph so he could stun the adds to interupt, and he was avenging shielding them to interupt.
    we had them near a wall to get the spawns more predictable.

we were placing our pools a the top of the stairs in p1 - meant that there was plenty of travel time.
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

Someone asked before, but do the adds have an agro table? or do you just get stacks of corruption by being in front of them?
    Also, if you tank an Adherant until after he casts fester blood, do you just not get that round of slimes? Our 10m has a slight bit of trouble getting the slimes from 4 puddles down and if we could kite the 4th add until after fester blood, down 12 slimes and then kill the 4th add, that might help.

the slimes have an aggro table, you gain massive amounts of corrupted blood when one hits you. AS for your question about the corrupted adherents, I don't think you do, but you risk getting multiple stacks of chogalls fury on the boss tank. I guess you could, in theory, leave the corrupted adherent up and not dps it at all, as he sucks it up when the second phase begins. The trouble with this is that the raid could not group up for worships, as it would be constantly casting shadow crash on the raid, as well as having to pull a dps off cho'gall to interrupt the cast the adherent does to avoid the tank gaining corrupted blood stacks.

Our 10 man guild is struggling horrendously with p2, raid comp:
    Prot warrior
    Feral druid
    frost dk
    survival hunter
    demo lock
    enhance shaman
    boomkin
    Hpally
    Hpriest
    resto druid

We are easily getting to p2 before the 5th add spawns, but then in p2 we just seem to run out of dps or heals. First set of adds goes down, we lust, boss goes down to about 12-13%, but then its like the adds start spawning faster... because we kill the second set of adds, and then we only get about 5-7s on cho gal before the third set of adds come up, and eventually one of the adds targets a healer and the tank drops.

We've tried tanking it against the wall and this hasnt really seemed to improve our situation.
    Is anyone able to give us their guild dps? OR can anyone think of something we might be doing blatantly wrong given we are getting to P2 so easily

Have one of your healers respecc to dps (preferable shadowpriest), this way you should be able to reduce the add spawn by at least one. With shadow/enhancer you have lots of raidheal-support for phase 2 while adding another 12k+ dps to your overall damage.

The adds shouldn't target a healer, they always pick a person standing nearby. Interrupt them if your healers are out of position and get closer.

have your boomkin use aoe silence ( solar beam?) on the spawns, have your warrior shockwave them, and jsut keep calm, nuke the adds down and switch to boss, if you can get transition before 5 adds and people arent failing on their bc stacks then you should be able to handle 3-4 tentacle spawn waves.
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

About the fury of chogall.
    The 2 last times the adherents spawns, we had 1 tank on the adherents and 1 on boss,
    Then he casts hes fury, meaning the tank on boss need to tank throw this for half a minute,
    Any solution to prevent this?
    I was thinking that i could taunt the boss when i had the adherents on me, right before he does hes fury,
    But what is the use of me in tankspec than in the raid :P

How u guys think bout this?

Artemedes.

A tip if you have problem with your dps.

The corrupted de-Buff can be used to get higher dps in order to beat a fourth/fifth add spawn. Fire mages excel in this since the corrupted debuff gives you at 100 stack 100% more damage and 100% increased cast time. Fire mages can spam Pyroblast instant which gives them alot of dps. The key thing is that you cant be healed when you have the absolute buff on you so you need to avoid getting damage.
    The real problem is the Shadow Orders aoe damage. A mage can iceblock one, a DK can use anti magic shell for the other, warriors can intervene etc.

Logs of the top damagers on 10 Normal. http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...7gall/10N/dps/
    I know that Ensidia is using this in their Chogall 25 HC kill as well.

Ensidia have 3 CRs ready to res their mages that die about ten seconds into P2 :P

A raid learning this fight, which will mean they might have a fifth adherent spawning, will not really benefit from this. Yes you might hit P2 5 seconds earlier, but you will ultimately not have enough damage to bring down the tentacles. The real dps race begins in P2, when you have to kill all the tentacles within 10-12 seconds to get some dps time on the boss. It is a bit like Sindragosa in that respect, kill adds, kill boss, except that this time around you can't just say to ignore tentacles, unless the boss is pretty much dead. We have killed him 5 times now (i think) and I can safely say that doing it RIGHT is much better than doing it FAST. 25 man heroic is a whole new kettle of fish compared to normal mode. Pulling stunts like trying to force a Phase change before the 4th slimes spawn or getting someone the 100 CB debuff will not, in my opinion at least, help kill the boss the first time.

@Arte:
    He casts fury before the add spawns (at the beginning, it seems to slip out of synch with adherent spawns for spawn 3+4)
    now the second tank taunts the boss
    you kill the add, hopefully 3-4 seconds before fester blood
    he casts fester blood, range go all pewpew on the slimes
    he casts fury on the second tank
    you taunt the boss and your fury of chogall debuff expires after about 9 seconds.

@Pyrea
    You say 5 seconds and i say that we had problem going into phase 2 before 5th add. No we easily go in after 3 adds.
    We killed him 2 weeks ago with mage trick within 7.40 sek. Killed him yesterday without mage on 8.40 sec. 1 minut faster and without any cost. A BR or SS and some buffs.

If you can protect the mage with shields, intervene, anitmagic shell. Dont diss something because you think it is bad. Prove it.

Logs from top dps Chogall
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...7gall/10N/dps/
    If you look at the amount damage done you can easily see who does the faceless trick.

So if you have issues with dpses use it, it will help alot

Cho'gal 1 shot!

Quote Originally Posted by summerz View Post
    Our 10 man guild is struggling horrendously with p2, raid comp:
    Prot warrior
    Feral druid
    frost dk
    survival hunter
    demo lock
    enhance shaman
    boomkin
    Hpally
    Hpriest
    resto druid

We are easily getting to p2 before the 5th add spawns, but then in p2 we just seem to run out of dps or heals. First set of adds goes down, we lust, boss goes down to about 12-13%, but then its like the adds start spawning faster... because we kill the second set of adds, and then we only get about 5-7s on cho gal before the third set of adds come up, and eventually one of the adds targets a healer and the tank drops.

We've tried tanking it against the wall and this hasnt really seemed to improve our situation.
    Is anyone able to give us their guild dps? OR can anyone think of something we might be doing blatantly wrong given we are getting to P2 so easily
    I'm replying to my own post from before, last night we changed up the hunter for a fire mage (no corruption buff gayness) and had the holy priest go attonment spec disc, tanked against the wall to allow all attonement procs to chain to the melee and the tanks and never looked back.

Totally unconstructive post but I have to. Way to go clicking a healthstone while you let someone die.

/stopcasting trollface

Quote Originally Posted by Nooburn View Post
    Totally unconstructive post but I have to. Way to go clicking a healthstone while you let someone die.

/stopcasting trollface
    Made this for you.

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/4vD85933.jpg

Bahahahahaha! Love it.

Our 10m guild run just downed Cho'Gall last night. Here is the video including a strategy guide. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xohIvm0YMyE

Requisite - Mal'Ganis

Addons

<=== Can't read.
    Last edited by Prynts; 03-03-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prynts View Post
    Off-topic but... what is the addon the OP uses that's in the lower middle of the screen, with a single bar showing all the cooldowns sliding?
    In the OP's signature:

PS its called SexyCooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Stompyomouf View Post
    Also, if you tank an Adherant until after he casts fester blood, do you just not get that round of slimes?
    Fester Blood will still make the slimes come out after the adherent dies.

Plus, not killing an adherent/pushing Cho'gall by the time Fester Blood goes off will basically be a raid wipe unless the adherent is seconds away from death.

+ Reply to Thread