+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Chimaeron

Intervene works perfectly, only issue if you have one warrior is that you can only use this every other double attack.
    Break effects healing done, not healing recived.

PS Nice video

Actually once you get him down the first time, he isnt that hard anymore. We spend 2 nights wiping on him before we finally killed him. Then the second kill we actually one-shotted him

But the reason for this post is, that it think i figured out the time frame of his massacre. I'm the pala tank i my team and when we stack up i use Holy Radiance. It has a 1 min couldown. Then when i look at the cooldown its takes aprox 55-57 second between my first cast and his next System Failure.

I hope some one could confirm this.

Massacre is every 30 seconds.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

@Fayre: Massacre and Systems fail (feud) are two different things. Systems fail means the bot is offline and people CAN die, when the bot is online though people cannot be dropped more then 1 health (other then the tank(s)).

So we had our 2nd attempt on this boss last night and we got creamed.
    Raid was as follows.

MT- Bear
    Soak Tank - Warrior (me)

Pally - healing me with beacon on MT and dk
    Shammy -
    Druid -

DPS
    Frost DK
    Lock
    Mage
    Hunter
    Boomer

Shammy was on boomer, hunter and soak tank
    Druid was on lock and Mage and me.

Double attacks seemed no problem I'm 190k buffed so can eat them easy enough. Prob we seemed to have was fued. We group up pop healing rain and Druid pops tranq. But when the spot balls hit and just before we split up for massacre we lose 2-3 each time. We where trying to save the boomers tranq for next offline phase but losing dps and or a healer it's just wipe it start again.
    Any ideas? Are we healing wrong targets?
    Any help gratefully received ts.

Vong.
    So long and thanks for all this fish

Quote Originally Posted by Vong View Post
    So we had our 2nd attempt on this boss last night and we got creamed.
    Raid was as follows.

MT- Bear
    Soak Tank - Warrior (me)

Pally - healing me with beacon on MT and dk
    Shammy -
    Druid -

DPS
    Frost DK
    Lock
    Mage
    Hunter
    Boomer

Shammy was on boomer, hunter and soak tank
    Druid was on lock and Mage and me.

Double attacks seemed no problem I'm 190k buffed so can eat them easy enough. Prob we seemed to have was fued. We group up pop healing rain and Druid pops tranq. But when the spot balls hit and just before we split up for massacre we lose 2-3 each time. We where trying to save the boomers tranq for next offline phase but losing dps and or a healer it's just wipe it start again.
    Any ideas? Are we healing wrong targets?
    Any help gratefully received ts.

Vong.
    Couple suggestions. First, make everyone bandage for the first part of massacre before the spits, to help get people up.

Second, keep the healers as close to the collapse location as possible during the spread out non-feud phase so that they have the least moving time to get there and start healing people.

Third, you can shaman totem one, tranquility another, and Tree of Life a third, by which time, the totem should be back up. You also have Aura Mastery. If you have any where the healers seem like they'll have extra trouble (everything is on cooldown or something), have your dps use personal damage reduction cooldowns.

4th, if worse comes to worst, you can always have your DK go unholy and pop an anti-magic zone.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Ok ty for those suggestions will make some changes fOr tonites attempt.

Thankyou.

Vong
    So long and thanks for all this fish

By the way, I'm wrong on Aura Mastery. Resistance Aura doesn't affect Nature damage. Aspect of the Wild will, though, as well as Mirror of Broken Images.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Re:

A: You should lust as soon as you get into the phase, while everyone is still alive. I'd even say slightly before the phase.
    B: Bloodlust/Heroism sub 20% does not make a difference in the speed of a boss kill. Using Heroism at 100% or using heroism at 20%, the boss will still die in the exact same amount of time. Therefore, BL/Heroism use should be based on having trinket and damage increasing cooldowns available, boss phases that require it, and soft enrages to increase healing (Council is a good example of this). However, there is no benefit to using heroism in execute range.
    This one statement caused me a lot of grief last night, as a guild member of mine read it and misunderstood. I could be stating the blatantly obvious here, but it's worth clarifying for the sake of my own sanity.

What Papapaint is saying is correct - using Bloodlust at certain times is pretty much equivalent regardless of boss health because stacking as many cooldowns as possible will yield the best net result. What he's NOT saying is that you should be fine to use Bloodlust prior to Chimaeron's P2, because there is an obvious soft enrage that requires the additional DPS (which he mentions, but my guildmate missed it).

You should ideally be saving Bloodlust for the 22-21% as it'll push the phase faster, help healers to top everyone off and give you a good head start on the last of Chimaeron's health.

As a side note:

The agonising wipes tend to happen because your damage slows to a crawl at around 5%. This, invariably, is because it's only your healers that are left up at the conclusion of the fight and their damage contribution is mediocre. Therefore, every DPS class with an aggro dump should use it pretty much on cooldown and your healers NEVER should. This means they'll get killed first, leaving the DPS up for longer to do their jobs (10 man heroic). If you want to be REALLY clever, we did a bit of experimenting with bear, paladin and shaman taunts earlier in the fight when the Bile-O-Tron was up in order to raise their threat. It works, but it's not strictly necessary.

And I still ABSOLUTELY DETEST this fight. I don't know a single person who likes it. Let's have no more fights like this please, Blizzard.
    Unwavering Sentinel: Tales of a Protection Warrior Running Wild.
    http://unwaveringsentinel.blogspot.co.uk

The boss takes 10% more damage when Mortality is up --> http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82934. Therefore it does actually make a difference when you bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    The boss takes 10% more damage when Mortality is up --> http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82934. Therefore it does actually make a difference when you bloodlust.
    Exactly.

My guildmate took Papapaint's statement "there is no benefit to using [Bloodlust] in execute range" literally and assumed it was applicable to Chimaeron, which it's not.

You should absolutely be saving it for the final burn.
    Unwavering Sentinel: Tales of a Protection Warrior Running Wild.
    http://unwaveringsentinel.blogspot.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread