+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chimaeron

Quote Originally Posted by Carighan View Post
    It's healing done.
    Meaning the healing the tank does is reduced, not the healing he takes.

This was probably done to not make DK tanks ridiculously powerful as they start taking more and larger blows (since their DS-healing includes absorbed damage, Break would increase DS'es healing steadily).

It has 0 effect on the 10k healing the tank needs after every melee swing to survive the following one.

We did this last night and failed hard in 10 man. We had 2 tanks 3 healers with the tanks switching at 3 stacks. What I didnt understand was every single melee hit was taking the tank to 1hp. Why would you top the tank off at all if this is the case? Also whats the point of even using a tank. couldnt you just go 3 heals and 7 dps since every hit is dropping the target to 1hp anyway?

You only need one player that is capable of surving two hits at once (doublestrike), a regular dps hp pool isn't capable of that -> you bring one tank for double strike and let a dps class tank his normal swings. Preferable feral, retpala or dpsdk, fury warrior can't do much dps in defstance.

Alternativley you could bring several classes with cooldowns or rotate external cooldowns on classes who can taunt - but why the hassle?

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    You only need one player that is capable of surving two hits at once (doublestrike), a regular dps hp pool isn't capable of that -> you bring one tank for double strike and let a dps class tank his normal swings. Preferable feral, retpala or dpsdk, fury warrior can't do much dps in defstance.

Alternativley you could bring several classes with cooldowns or rotate external cooldowns on classes who can taunt - but why the hassle?

I apologize if these questions are stupid but as long as the person is over 10k hp they cant be one shot anyway. So what does it matter if its a tank or a dps as long as they are healed over the 10k hp after the first hit of double strike? From the few attempts we put on him last night our tanks where being taken to 1 hp on every single attack he hit them with.

Edit: To clear up what im saying, 1st strike of double strike takes the tank to 1 hp the 2nd killing him. Even normal melee hits where taking the tank to 1hp. So why use a tank? Why not just have a dps dk in blood presence for the threat tanking him and roll with no true tanks for larger raid dps?
    Last edited by Saintoftaint; 01-13-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Healing question for 10-mans

What's the best way to set up healing for the 10-man encounter? The way my guild tried it, we had 1 dedicated healer per tank and 1 (me, Holy Priest) keeping everyone above 10k during feud. I had a hard time getting my PoH off in time on the second group which of course result in losing someone. We did get him down to 8% once but after that we never got nearly as close again.

To go into my detail about my situation, basically what would kill us is when feud hit someone from both groups. I would start my PoH on one group, but before the cast could complete on the second group the members at 1HP would get hit.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Saintoftaint View Post
    To clear up what im saying, 1st strike of double strike takes the tank to 1 hp the 2nd killing him. Even normal melee hits where taking the tank to 1hp. So why use a tank? Why not just have a dps dk in blood presence for the threat tanking him and roll with no true tanks for larger raid dps?
    While the robot is active there's a buff around. When you're brought below 10k hp there's a debuff your healer should be aware off.

x

You're sitting at x, one attack brings you below 10.000 hp and would have killed you, but thanks to the robots buff you're at 1 hp now. The double attack is going to hit twice in the split of a second (instead of 5 seconds between every attack) so you need to be above 10k hp after the initial hit or you die - he hits for around 100kish. If you manage to have your dedicated double attack "tank/dps" to be above that certain hp he needs all the time feel free to bring more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Majnuni View Post
    What's the best way to set up healing for the 10-man encounter? The way my guild tried it, we had 1 dedicated healer per tank and 1 (me, Holy Priest) keeping everyone above 10k during feud. I had a hard time getting my PoH off in time on the second group which of course result in losing someone. We did get him down to 8% once but after that we never got nearly as close again.

To go into my detail about my situation, basically what would kill us is when feud hit someone from both groups. I would start my PoH on one group, but before the cast could complete on the second group the members at 1HP would get hit.

Any advice?
    You only need to have to offtank nearly topped (and only before double attacks), the "maintank" heal should be enough from regrowth (glyphed)/lifebloom stacks/beacon. He needs to be above 10k hp every 5 seconds, that should be doable, shouldn't it? Have two healers on the camp and feel free to add additional dps helping you out with their huge cooldowns (tranquility, divine hymn, holy radiance from ret/protpala - anything you can think off, your shadow could also spam poh nonstop during feud if needed).

Thanks for the advice, I definitely think two healers are needed for the group and probably just one for the tanks with whatever help the group healers can spare for tank heals.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    While the robot is active there's a buff around. When you're brought below 10k hp there's a debuff your healer should be aware off.

x

You're sitting at x, one attack brings you below 10.000 hp and would have killed you, but thanks to the robots buff you're at 1 hp now. The double attack is going to hit twice in the split of a second (instead of 5 seconds between every attack) so you need to be above 10k hp after the initial hit or you die - he hits for around 100kish. If you manage to have your dedicated double attack "tank/dps" to be above that certain hp he needs all the time feel free to bring more dps.

You only need to have to offtank nearly topped (and only before double attacks), the "maintank" heal should be enough from regrowth (glyphed)/lifebloom stacks/beacon. He needs to be above 10k hp every 5 seconds, that should be doable, shouldn't it? Have two healers on the camp and feel free to add additional dps helping you out with their huge cooldowns (tranquility, divine hymn, holy radiance from ret/protpala - anything you can think off, your shadow could also spam poh nonstop during feud if needed).

Thank you for the info this cleared it up for us alot, We didnt understand all the fight mechanics.

Chimaeron 10 Man

We did this last night with 2 tanks, 3 heals and 5 DPS on 10 man.

Tips that made it do-able for us (OT eating double attack found here on tankspot was a BIG ONE)

Chimy above 20%
    • Keep the OT healed to full and have him taunt to eat double attack (MT taunts back afterward)
    • During Feud 1 - Tranquility (used by me as a feral)
    • During Feud 2 - Hymn's/Tree form from our resto druid
    • During Feud 3 - Tranquility (used by our resto druid)
    • During Feud 4 - Self saving cooldown/pots/anything left (NOT using heroism.. we needed it bad for sub 20%)

You may or may not get the 4th feud

Above 20% was by far the most frustrating for us. Sometimes we would get 3 feuds right in a row then push him to 20% with no 4th feud. Other times we would wait for what seemed like forever for the first feud then get 3 more right in a row. It felt VERY RNG. It can be really frustrating if you get that 4th feud when you feel like everyone is damn near oom and there's no healing cooldowns left to get through the damage.

Chimy Below 20%
    • Hero for us sub 20% was absolutely required to meet his "I'm gonna eat chu!" soft enrage
    • Mirror Image helped a LOT on our kill attempt
    • Priest bubbles seem to eat an attack that would otherwise kill you
    • As Aliena said, pull out every tactic you can think of to prolong the raids death

On our kill attempt we did end up getting that 4th feud but only lost 1 person which happend to be a healer. DPS requirements at our gear level on 10 man seem super strict. If we lost any DPS early on it was pretty much a guaranteed wipe.

WOL Reports if anyone is interested can be found here
    [A]Laughing My Azeroth of Mannoroth is recruiting!!

Im abit curios to how shields work in this fight. Any more insight on the disc play in this one?

You need to be above 10k hp, absorb doesn't count in there.

Shields aren't useless during Feud! We were having problems with attrition over the course of the fight, which led to fewer people to split damage during feud, and further deaths. We decided that it was easier to fix damage during feud and asked both of our holy priests to switch to disc, and glyph for Power Word: Barrier (increases healing taken by 10% while under the bubble). PW:B reduces all damage taken by those inside by 30%, no max damage, for 10 seconds. If you lay this down 10-15 seconds into the cast and rotate priests, you will be able to mitigate 2 of 3 slimes every single feud. Making this change took us from 60% wipes due to attrition to hitting the enrage timer. now we need to swap a healer to dps, and let our dps switch their focus from survival during feud to... well... dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Carighan View Post
    It's healing done.
    Meaning the healing the tank does is reduced, not the healing he takes.
    Oh that's a giant /facepalm on my part.

Someone mentioned the boss has a normal swing timer of 5 seconds; is that accurate?

Yep, 5 seconds - when he hard enrages (8 minutes, I believe) the swing speeds up by 150%.

How did you get grid to show current health remaining instead of deficit? I looked all over the options menu, couldn't find it.

I don't bother with how much health they have, but when a player is under 10k they get a debuff that says something like "close to death", that's just what I look for and heal until that goes away.

Anyone that could tell me the cooldown on his Double Attack? Only thing i can find about it is that he fairly often gets this buff.

We where progression on this last night, we were having problems keeping our tanks alive and i find it near to impossible to land a heal on the tank just between the two strikes, even word of glory is to slow.
    Only thing that i could think of that would prevent tanks from dieing is for them to use/get cooldown so they don't go below 10k health on the first strike.
    What is your experience with this on 25man?

You're supposed to use an offtank with full or near full health(enough to take 1hit and not go under 10k) to taunt whenever boss gets the double strike buff.

We werent using PW:B because we didnt have any priests. Now we have 2, I'm sure we'll run them as disc for HM attempts and PW:B goodness.

Hi, frequent reader but new poster here. Does anyone know the cooldown of the double attack ability? I'm trying to think-tank the possibility of using intervene to counter the double-attack, thus making it only a one tank fight. Is this feasible?

My idea is that if you intervene the main tank after Chimaeron receives the double attack buff, the first attack will be taken by the intervener, and the second will be taken by the main tank, and both targets will live with 1 HP.

Intervene doesn't work on double-attack because it's a style instead of a regular hit.

Double attacks casts occur roughly every 15s, regulary you only have to worry about every second one thanks to massacre. And on normal mode it's of course delayed via feud.

+ Reply to Thread