+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Twilight Ascendant Council

The frost does minor damage over time. Its pretty much unavoidable for melee as it spawns directly under the boss. The key is that it also gives the boss a 25% damage reduction buff, so you want him out of it as quick as possible.

The fire seeds are what kill people usually, and then the steadily increasing damage of the aoe lightning.

Liquid Ice ticks for about 5k per second before resists. Can't tell if you get hit for each pool you are standing in. Sample parse here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...2Zachnafein%22

Okay, patch seems to have changed his hit box size. He can melee me while I'm out of my melee range, as such i'm having trouble kiting him. I'm spending about 80% of the time out of melee range and thus have some aggro issues; one HS and a SS every 5GCDs isn't exactl gonna hold my aggro for long against my DPS, and i don't exactly feel telling them to hold back on the burn phase is gonna be a good idea either.

Can anyone tell me if the 10M is the exact same? or what the difference's are. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hammerturtle View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the 10M is the exact same? or what the difference's are. Thanks
    I've personally not done 25, and just going from the movie guide here, there appears to be no differences other than the obvious difference in dmg output and health pools.
    Be the change you wish the world to be.

Very nice video and thanks for posting here and sharing with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Okay, patch seems to have changed his hit box size. He can melee me while I'm out of my melee range, as such i'm having trouble kiting him. I'm spending about 80% of the time out of melee range and thus have some aggro issues; one HS and a SS every 5GCDs isn't exactl gonna hold my aggro for long against my DPS, and i don't exactly feel telling them to hold back on the burn phase is gonna be a good idea either.
    I noticed the same thing. His reach seems to be about 10yrds further than mine. If I waited until a Liquid Ice patch to move him, it would be too late due to the distance I had to move to get him to move. Slowly kiting him did not work either because I could never hit him. What worked was just getting a feel for when he was going to drop a puddle and begin moving before it. Then when he dropped it, move him, and then run back to him to get in melee range.
    -My DK is a Healer

It seems like most people either have problems with: fire shield (Ignacious), Chain lightning (phase 2) or DPS in phase 3.

The best way to deal with the fire shield of Ignacious (called: Aegis of Flame) is to switch all DPS to Ignacious 3 seconds before the cast. The raidleader should call this out on vent. This ensures that the shield is DPS’ed down quickly. There is a very good guide about this and other important facets of ascendant council at: http://25man.com/cata-guides/ascendant-council)

The best way to deal with chain lightning (aka lightning rod in phase 2) is to have everyone stack in the middle and let people with lightning rod move to the sides. Have your raidleader call out the names of people with lightning rod.

The trick for phase 3 is to keep focusing on maximum DPS at the start of phase 3 and survivability at the end of phase 3. Have your ranged DPS stand in the middle and have the boss rotate around the room. Have everyone spread out more the longer phase 3 last to mitigate the increasing damage.

EDIT: As Vaengence noted it is advised to spread out a lot in phase 3. Do not stack up
    Last edited by Yoakie; 02-22-2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: phase 3 strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Glakhmed View Post
    I've personally not done 25, and just going from the movie guide here, there appears to be no differences other than the obvious difference in dmg output and health pools.
    Including the # of Lightning Rods and Gravity Crushes he casts? or is that changed to 1 person? I can't imagine having 3 Gravity Crush's go up, Chain Lightnings Flying around, and standard tank damage occurring at the same time in a 10 man.

There are 3 Lightning Rods in Phase 2, and yes, 3 people who get Gravity Crushed in phase 3 in 25 man. Really though, the Lightning Rod isn't bad if people get out of the raid (otherwise, they will wipe you). According to my heal team, the healing is not intensive until Phase 3. That's not much they can do if someone gets 1 shotted from someone not moving out with a Lightning Rod.

Anyone have a general idea of the dps needed on 10 man?

The trick for phase 3 is to keep focusing on maximum DPS at the start of phase 3 and survivability at the end of phase 3. Have your ranged DPS stand in the middle and have the boss rotate around the room. Have everyone spread out more the longer phase 3 last to mitigate the increasing damage.
    You have linked a 25man guide so I assume you are referring to 25 man, Stacking ranged in phase 3 is the best way to make this encounter harder than it needs to be. In fact stacking ranged increases raid damage almost 5 fold right from the word go which is unnecesary at the beginning of this phase.

This is much easier on guilds that have not killed the boss previously.

As a tank, what do I need to do about Eruption? I run away, still get hit. Ive even Herioc Leaped away to max range and STILL got hit. Am I missing something? Between that and P3 insanity I feel like a absolute failtank.

eruption

Quote Originally Posted by Prucilak View Post
    As a tank, what do I need to do about Eruption? I run away, still get hit. Ive even Herioc Leaped away to max range and STILL got hit. Am I missing something? Between that and P3 insanity I feel like a absolute failtank.
    i'm also a tank but i mostly do the fire and wind one
    yeah about the earth one...u have to run away out of the dust but there will always be 1 spike that hits u anyway, thats not a fail thats just how it goes. as far as i know the more spikes that hits you the more damage u get

How about the 10man numbers

Would it be possible to put the 10man numbers for the encounter. I mean for ascendant with the chain lightning having 3 in 25man that would mean 1player in 10man am I right? That way guild that are working on 10man progression know what number to expect!

I understand that you guys are working in 25man mode, maybe you don't have any clue of the number there is in 10man!

Alamut/US-Gorefiend/ Prot pally

Quote Originally Posted by dombobb View Post
    Would it be possible to put the 10man numbers for the encounter. I mean for ascendant with the chain lightning having 3 in 25man that would mean 1player in 10man am I right? That way guild that are working on 10man progression know what number to expect!

I understand that you guys are working in 25man mode, maybe you don't have any clue of the number there is in 10man!

Alamut/US-Gorefiend/ Prot pally
    You are correct. In 10 man, there is 1 target for lightning rod conductor and 1 target for gravity crush in p3

I would love and appreciate it if you guys would also post a ten man video. I know that the composition is the same and the fight is the same its just easier for us guilds that do ten mans. Thank you

Chrisanth

Twilight Ascendant Council

Ditto with Daniel on Twilight. The people in that movie have no character flaws.

Is it possible to Levitate/Slow Fall/Divine Shield etc as they/you fall from the bubble in p3 to prevent the fall damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisanth View Post
    I would love and appreciate it if you guys would also post a ten man video. I know that the composition is the same and the fight is the same its just easier for us guilds that do ten mans. Thank you

Chrisanth
    I'd personally recommend the Cynical Brit guide for a decent 10 man perspective. It's from beta but still a decent overall guide as it hasn't changed too much from this point.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou_QQ_n245w
    In particular one very useful piece I picked up from this video instead of the 25 man video from TankSpot was phase 3 mechanics. With fewer people in 10 man, it actually makes more sense to kite the boss around the outside while ranged and healers are in the middle instead of starting in the middle and slowly kiting further and further away from the middle. 25 man needs more room to spread out and because of that starting in the middle and working your way out makes sense from a damage minimizing standpoint. However in 10 man since you simply don't take up as much space to begin with the opposite kiting method is actually preferable in order to minimize the movement required by ranged dps and in particular your healers.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyJoeCool View Post
    Is it possible to Levitate/Slow Fall/Divine Shield etc as they/you fall from the bubble in p3 to prevent the fall damage?
    Yes.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread