+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Twilight Ascendant Council

Great video thanks

Thanks for the vid, it helps out quite a bit
    Oh, and the drawings in the video make me giggle.
    Last edited by Noodlestein; 01-18-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Can anyone confirm that Frost Imbued and Flame Imbued, can and will overwrite each other?
    Meaning, if you are "Flame Imbued" and someone with Heart of Ice paths close by, will you lose your Flame Imbued buff and gain Frost imbued?
    I think this happened to me on one occasion last night, but I can't be 100% sure since it was just once that this happened.

Does anyone know, if Electric Instability will do less damage if you spread out? If yes, what the range?
    Best regards

Phriestoz / <Mithras> @ Turalyon (PvE)

The two most recent questions I have just made posts on our forums dealing with them so I will copy my responses here for anyone else interested.

Can anyone confirm that Frost Imbued and Flame Imbued, can and will overwrite each other?
    Meaning, if you are "Flame Imbued" and someone with Heart of Ice paths close by, will you lose your Flame Imbued buff and gain Frost imbued?
    I think this happened to me on one occasion last night, but I can't be 100% sure since it was just once that this happened.
    Yes it does,..

From my analysis it appears to work thus:

1. Flame Imbued & Frost Imbued have a set maximum duration of 30 seconds unless refreshed
    2. If a player receives one of the buffs while already having the other one they will overwrite each other.
    3. Once the buff is received it will not fall off unless you receive the alternate buff, or the full 30 second duration has passed.

Following the above, and taking into account the melee want Frost Imbued and the ranged want Flame Imbued, whoever has Flame Imbued must be dispelled first. The reason for this is that if the person with [Heart of Ice] buffs the melee then is dispelled and then the person with [Burning Blood] was melee and buffing the casters and runs back into the melee before being dispelled, he will overwrite all the melee buffs with Flame Imbued which is useless to them.

I would say we should dispell [Burning Blood] at ~ 8 seconds and [Heart of Ice] at ~ 12 seconds and telling whoever has [Heart of Ice] not to leave the melee group until theirs is gone. As long as people did the running around to buff this should give the entire raid their respective buffs for the maximum period possible.

and;

Does anyone know, if Electric Instability will do less damage if you spread out? If yes, what the range?
    I have not been able to test the range at which it jumps but so far I have worked out:

Once Phase 3 begins, the Elementium Monstrosity will begin casting [Electric Instability] which will be cast every second for the entirety of phase 3. The Monstrosity begins casting this on a single target and each individual cast has the capacity to jump up to 4 addition times.

This means that if everyone is stacked, 5 people will be ht by each cast at a constant damage of between 10.5 and 13k damage each. This will only jump to nearby people so if it hits a ranged standing alone it will hit only one person.

The number of casts however increases throughout phase 3 occuring every 20 seconds. 20 seconds after the start of phase 3 he will cast an additional [Electric Instability] simultaneously bring the total number of people that can be hit (if stacking) to 10 every second. Once again if the two he targets are both standing alone it will only hit twice - instead of 10 times every second. 40 seconds after the start of phase 3 he will up it again and cast on 3 random targets bringing the total that can be chained to 15.

His 20 second increase in base cast seems stable and continuous, the damage each one does seems constant and the maximum number of "jumps" will never exceed 4 in addition to the targeted person (5 hit at once total).

As I said the range that it can jump I am not so certain about but it is clear that the more spread the raid the less damage.

[Electric Instability] will only target ranged provided a minimum number are at ranged in order to prevent lots of chaining with melee. It can however be chained into the melee if the person hit has a line of people nearby into the melee. This should mean that the only real damage outside of the Gravity Prison is the blue circles on the gound which is I suppose to make up for the fact you cant's stand still.

hey i'm a warrior tank with item lvl 354 but i barely survive the flame imbued ability of ignacious, should the healers just heal trough it?
    Last edited by kukuluku; 01-20-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khue View Post
    I don't see anywhere in the notes where Aegis of Flames is actually applying a buff. This would probably be great information to add. What is the name of the buff Ignacious gains? I blacklist most buffs/debuffs (hide them except the ones that are important).
    The aegis is just his shield that absorbs 1 million damage that needs to be broken through. The fire damage buff is actually from rising flames. Every time one tick goes off he gains a fire % increase that lasts for an extra 5-10 after interrupted. The quicker you interrupt rising flames the less stacks and that could be the problem with getting gibbed by flame torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by kukuluku View Post
    hey i'm a warrior tank with item lvl 354 but i barely survive the flame imbued ability of ignacious, should the healers just heal trough it?
    No - your DPS needs to step it up, simply put. There is no reason not to be able to burn through the Aegis within 2 ticks of the AoE.

Tick 1: 1 stack
    Tick 2: 3 stacks
    Tick 3: 6 stacks
    Tick 4: 10 stacks
    Tick 5: 15 stacks
    Tick 6: I don't know, and I'm happy for that. I nearly shat myself when we hit 4 ticks, and was fuming by 5.

Have your ranged switch to him at 5 seconds prior to the Aegis. That way, they've got their dots/bleeds/poisons on him before it comes up and can burn through it faster. We were routinely getting 1 and 2 ticks before interrupt - heals were easy as pie after that.

Just be careful and watch his HP% from having DPS swap early. You might want to move an extra DPS to combat this.

Just use cds after the shield, should have enough cds for it. Tol barad trinket with the resistance on use is nice as well.

My guild is working on this in 10 man and have been blocked by a lack of dps for final phase.
    What is making it worse is my dps...

I never usually have any issues, apart from the terrible 900ms Country Australian internet and my pc runs at about 110fps in the boss room but whenever the monstrosity casts lava seed my computer drops down to about 2fps. This is of course, causing my dps to drop dramatically.

I have tried turning my view distance/texture settings down but nothing seems to work. I would hate to have to sit as we have got him as low as 600k and I want revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Barneebrown View Post
    My guild is working on this in 10 man and have been blocked by a lack of dps for final phase.
    What is making it worse is my dps...

I never usually have any issues, apart from the terrible 900ms Country Australian internet and my pc runs at about 110fps in the boss room but whenever the monstrosity casts lava seed my computer drops down to about 2fps. This is of course, causing my dps to drop dramatically.

I have tried turning my view distance/texture settings down but nothing seems to work. I would hate to have to sit as we have got him as low as 600k and I want revenge.
    This is really hard to analyse with such limited info and you are probably better off asking in the technical support forums. What I can say is I am also in Aus and have latency ranging from 300 - 600 ms but latency itself does not cause fps issues. If your connection drops entirely while logging in, you will find you can still run around and do client side things but everyone else will have frozen.

Fps dropping like that is normally from too much processing occuring in the client - most often because of driver issues, outdated graphics, settings etc, but one other thing that can cause this as well that is related to latency is if there is to much data trying to be sent back and forth from the server. If the client is trying to "catch up" on data coming in and there is a large influx, the client will start to hang causing fps issues as well.

Turning mods off that interact with the combat log is a good place to start (recount and the like) and - just because I didn't see you mention it - particle density is one of the bigger factors as well.

Also, you may want to put an upward limit on your fps. If you have that high fps and something happens on screen that requires a lot of graphics processing, it will start to lag trying to draw frames back up to 110. You can actually set a limit to this in options - try around the 30 - 40 mark. It won't make a lot of difference to your graphics as your eye will only see so many frames per second, but your graphics card will thank you.

Would just like to say i love your guides, but in this one i was wondering what addon you use above your ForteXorcist, ForteCooldown. The ikons you have there that spawns when the spell is ready and are shown till you use the spell Please help me..

I have a question about the trash just before the council. It looks like water+fire and lighning+grouding seem to cancle each other out. You can remove the shield of the water elemental with the fire patches and stuff like that. But when we tried to pull them in pairs our healers could not hold our raid or us tanks up. Also it's not easy to pull the right kinds of elementals when they are running around randomly.

Are they supposed to be tanked in pairs or should we tank them alternately water-fire-water-fire or somehting like that?

Pull a fire one first, to get a fire patch on the ground, then pull a water one into the fire patch to get the shield down and be able to interrupt the frost volley. Slightly staggered pulls work best - the frost ones are supremely dangerous if you can't cancel the shield.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

This one plays to my raid's biggest weakness; DPS. And when you're dealing with more casual raids (as in, most of us), that's a very common issue. The final phase is absolutely brutal if your DPS isn't up to it, you're missing someone, or you didn't have the four ascendants at the required 25% each. Luckily, the rest of the fight is really quite simple and shouldn't take very long to learn at all.

Seriously, though - concentrate on getting them all to 25%.

2% wipes are really annoying.
    Unwavering Sentinel: Tales of a Protection Warrior Running Wild.
    http://unwaveringsentinel.blogspot.co.uk

I might have missed it on the video but in phase 2, Arion does some kind of super-lightning at the tank from a very long range after blinking, and it hits hard (his interruptable spell). I'd guestimate ~100k with a bit of variance. So far I've just used cooldowns and the tol barad trinket, is there any reliable way to interrupt this with positioning or line of sight?

What is the benefit of not getting grounded in phase 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Migol View Post
    I might have missed it on the video but in phase 2, Arion does some kind of super-lightning at the tank from a very long range after blinking, and it hits hard (his interruptable spell). I'd guestimate ~100k with a bit of variance. So far I've just used cooldowns and the tol barad trinket, is there any reliable way to interrupt this with positioning or line of sight?
    Get your mages to find their counterspell. From my experience, he goes just about as far away as he possibly can, so if your mages are near the center of the room, they should be able to interrupt him.

We were wiping on these guys for a few weeks mostly due to the soft enrage.

We ended up downing this with 1 tank, 3 heals, and 6 dps. We just had a DPS dk taunt the frost boss away for every glaciate

This might be specific to our raid comp though as we have gotten a TON of tank drops but not a lot of dps, so ur MT is quite geared.

Greetings,

A question about Phase 3: Our guild is under the impression that Liquid Ice (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92497) does nothing to players, however I just read on Wowhead that this is not the case. I have not been able to test this out for myself in game yet. Does anyone know what the deal is with this ability?

Wowhead specifically states that "The pools of ice will grow with continued exposure to the Monstrosity, dealing Frost damage to enemies exposed to them." If this is the case, then it would deffinately help to not stand in it and thus allow DPS precious extra seconds to get him down more, esp for guilds that are wiping at 3%

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread