Thread: Chimaeron and Feud

Chimaeron and Feud

Feud is totally random after 2 or 3 massacre or there is any way to "choose" it?

Multiple feuds after only 2 massacre make us impossible to kill the boss, 6-7 feuds is too much for our healers.
    Follow the Moeko Principle.

Seems to be completely random, most of the time the 1st feud is after 3 massacre, while the later ones are after two.
    On our kill in 25-player, we were pretty lucky and he chose to cast his first AND second feud after thee massacre each.

On our 10man he feuded like 1 massacre after the tanking phase midway. Not that I'm complaining, that's the very easy part, it's the RNG normal phase that's annoying.

In 10-man last night we noticed that he seems to knock the robot offline at the next Massacre after passing the 80/60/40% HP threshold. If anyone else can check their kill videos to confirm/deny that would certainly help determine if this Feud behavior is predictable.
    | Baleog | Paladin | <Eminent> | Crushridge-US (PvP) |
    Loot management based on real-world economics: EminentDKP

We attempted to control feud based on health under the 20% presumption but multiple times we saw the first feud above 80%. We have experienced feuds at intervals of 3 massacres, 2 massacres, and 1 massacre. We also purposely held off hurting him to see if he would do a 4th or 5th feud and he definitely will keep doing them if you do not push him.

I hate to say it but right now I only see two possibilities:

1. The Feud is RNG
    2. Its supposed to happen every massacre and the ones where it doesn't happen is a glitch.

This does not matter much in normal mode as we can go for a very long time with feuds, but if this is truly RNG then it is going to make the heroic version of the encounter incredibly hard until you get a lucky run.

Slightly different question about the Feud. We were taking a lot more damage during Feud last night and our best guess is that it looks like pets no longer help spread the damage, are other raids seeing that? We have a Hunter & Warlock (10 man) so those 2 pets softened things a bit. Just wondering if other guilds noticed it.
    Grymauch, Dwarf Warrior, From Chaos: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rymauch/simple

I couldn't tell in our last run since I don't think we really have enough pets but a hotfix like that would not be surprising as I know quite a few people who have exploited the encounter by using the scarab trinket from archeology to soak up massive amounts of damage in the fight.

We did our first runs on this guy last night and were expecting to get Fued after every 3, but also got hit with it at totally random parts of the encounter. As posters have detailed above - after 1, 2, or 3 massacres, and at any %.

Another thing, and this is my personal question about this. This week was our first 25 man raiding week, and for the majority of our raid, their first raid in Cata (took some time to enjoy the game ). I felt like we were SEVERELY undergeared for this fight. Some of our members would outright DIE in fued if they werent 100%. But each spit would take us to 20-25% health. We managed to survive one Fued entirely with literally every single cooldown in the raid blown, but obviously that wont sustain us for the fight. We are stacking on one point and having EVERYONE bandage/heal/self cooldown. Are we doing something wrong to disperse the damage, or would this be a little bit of a gear issue, especially with our healers? We brought 7. Thanks for any pro tips Look froward to eventually getting this guy down as hes our first challenge so far!

Feud is on a separate timer thats visible with DBM, if he does a massacre right before the feud timer reaches its end expect the bile-o-tron to go offline after that massacre. Not RNG.
    Last edited by Kanzer; 01-07-2011 at 11:09 AM.