+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tol barad

Tol barad

so am i doing something wrong? or is there a certain time you gotta queue for tol barad

because i used to be able to get in to tol barad.now whenever i queue up it says its full,ive even queued up right when your able to queue and its told me its full,im just wondering if maybe theres like certain times that are good to queue up because i figured id get more commendations for the tabard if i did the quests and did tol barad

There's more people available to queue now -- there's been more time for people to level up -- so the queue fills up faster. Your best bet would be to try and queue at non-peak hours....which probably means wee hours of the morning or late at night.

Unless your side already holds it then it's probably a waste of time queuing for it at this point anyway. It's pretty difficult for the side on offense to score a win unless the defense falls asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by swollenpickles View Post
    Unless your side already holds it then it's probably a waste of time queuing for it at this point anyway. It's pretty difficult for the side on offense to score a win unless the defense falls asleep.
    you have a chance of winning as attackers...horde on korgath have done it a few times already. and not just during 3am, i just got out of a winning tb as attacker a few minutes ago during peak hours.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    you have a chance of winning as attackers...horde on korgath have done it a few times already. and not just during 3am, i just got out of a winning tb as attacker a few minutes ago during peak hours.
    Didn't say offense had no chance of winning. I highlighted the important bit

and he said, he won as an attack during peak hours, on Korgath, which is a high population server. what is there not to see? It's possible, just probably takes some good teamwork, and a bit of luck, which is just about every encounter in this game right?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Unless your side already holds it then it's probably a waste of time queuing for it at this point anyway.
    this is the part i was responding to, since with a point-of-view like that it would be impossible to win....
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

It's not impossible, I never said that. I'm sure everyone can point to examples where they participated in a battleground and overcome the odds to grind out a win, it happens. The point is that as it stands Tol Barad heavily favors the team on defense. I'm not sure that there's really any disputing that?

Take two teams of 30. The attackers need to cap and hold 3 towers to win, defenders need to hold 1. Attacking team might send 10 people to each base. Defending team can just zerg one. 30 v 10 is generally not ending well for the 10. If you're on offense you can hope that a few defenders fall asleep, go afk, or go fishing. For offense it's going to take more than a little team work and more than a little luck to get over the line.

I'm a little surprised that a BG with so obviously flawed victory conditions survived beta let alone found its way to the live servers. At this point Blizzard really should just open up the Tol Barad rewards to both factions.

Finally played it for the first time, as a defender.

Attackers could have probably worked it better, for sure -- but I'm not sure if you can get an assortment of 40 (or whatever) random people to listen to someone and have a coherent plan; that's probably the biggest flaw here. Any battleground that requires a lot more organization on the part of the attackers than the defenders is usually going to lose.

It was ridiculously easy to defend Tol Barad, there was no point that I felt like I was going to lose, and they were doing a pretty good job hammering away at us. It just wasn't organized enough; but as a defender, no planning is required to win. You just go zerg a tower, farm HK's, then after you die you zerg a different one. Pretty brain-dead.

+ Reply to Thread