View Poll Results: Are you glad to see SGU go?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

4 21.05%
  • ...no...not really.

15 78.95%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stargate Universe is canceled, and good riddance.

Stargate Universe is canceled, and good riddance.

I couldn't get past the first 4 episodes of season 1 it sucked so horribly.

I want season 6 of Stargate Atlantis. gogogo!
    Speak out! Ask for Stargate Atlantis to be brought back!
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/

I love SG:U, very sad it's gone. I couldn't get past the first six episodes of Atlantis, and was glad they finally got rid of it. SG-1, Atlantis, and SG:U are all very different shows to me, so I think it's a bit silly they all get lumped together as if they are all supposed to be the same exact thing. I think this is what hurt SG:U more than any other factor.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

sg-1 > all
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I really liked SG-1. I like SG:U more overall, but they're not comparable at all.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

I'm sorry Rak but I just don't like SGU. Too much sex and arguing, not enough real action.
    Speak out! Ask for Stargate Atlantis to be brought back!
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/

SG > SG-1. BTW the last 2 SG movies should be out eventually SG Movies, not SG:A, not SG1 and not SGU

SGU had about 5 minutes (at most) of sex scenes in the whole series. Thats way less then most other series ...

Rip SGU, even though it was the fourth SG series, I think it was 2nd best

They went way overboard with the whole "flawed hero" thing they did. Most of the main characters were very unlikable and very hard to identify with. That's why they failed, I think - I just couldn't care about any of the characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Why does this always happen. Yes SG U was a pile of crap for most of the first season. It had awful if no plot in some episodes. It was depressing beyond belief and hard to connect to any of the characters.

Now when it at last becomes good in season two it gets cancelled lol. Sigh always happens lol

Lee

Even i do not like stargate universe and i really happy that it gets canceled.

I understand why a lot of people liked Survivor Pegasus Galaxy, I mean SGU with it's forced and over the top drama with people marooned people who thought spending the entire time fighting petty squabbles over actually surviving, is attractive to a lot of people.

It's why Soap Opera Galactica, the WWE, and 'reality' TV, and Soap Operas are popular. The constant conflict and extremes of character attract people.

I detest that type of show however, so to me, SGU was by far the worst of the series.

So, selfishly, I'm glad it's gone, but I'm surprised too. It seemed like it had devleoped quite a strong fan base.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I will miss Eli and rush but thats about it. It just didnt have what I wanted in a a stargate show. To little humor for one big thing, and after 2 seasons of omg we are going to die!!!! every 5 min it got old.
    O'neall was the star of sg1 because of his humor and kick ass nature. Mckay was my favorite character in Atlantis because of his humor and arrogance. Eli was the best character in sgu, why? he could be funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    I love SG:U, very sad it's gone. I couldn't get past the first six episodes of Atlantis, and was glad they finally got rid of it. SG-1, Atlantis, and SG:U are all very different shows to me, so I think it's a bit silly they all get lumped together as if they are all supposed to be the same exact thing. I think this is what hurt SG:U more than any other factor.
    Agreed.

I really enjoyed SG:U, but never liked any of the other SG series.

Overall, I don't really get this thread. You seem to think that by SG:U getting cancelled that somehow this will increase the odds of SG:A getting a sixth season when likely the opposite is the case.

I thought they came out with it too early. Atlantis was amazing, and didn't need to end. They should have added Jackson and Teal'c to SGA. It would have kept it going. (Todd the wraith kicks ass, fyi).

I love the idea behind SGU, but they needed more connection with Stargate characters. The best episode this season was with McKay. FFS, do that more and it would have worked. I don't hate it. I wish MGM wouldn't have gone bankrupt so they could finish it out. SGU is still better than most crap out there, and I would gladly watch it. Unless it interfered with Dexter......

I really loved SG:U, and didn't care for SG:A. I watched a lot of SG:A, and felt like the characters were pretty terrible overall, and the series really lacked a good direction and storyline. I liked the rivalries in SG:U, which mirrored some of the things I've seen in field crews in the real world, though obviously on a larger scale.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

McKay, Shepherd, and Todd the wraith were the strongest characters imo. The chick Dr., or Kaylee from Firefly, was just fun to look at.

T.J.(Alaina Huffman) is also great eye candy. HOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOT

+ Reply to Thread