+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin Tanking in Heroics

Paladin Tanking in Heroics

Everything was fine up until now with regards to tanking with my Paladin. My buddy and I got into our firs heroic yesterday (Throne of Tides), didn't go so well, we wiped many times got 2 bosses down I managed to get an better ring so I was happy. after he logged off I queued for one by myself and the group kicked me within 10 minutes. Ive come to the conclusion that i'm doing something wrong. Personally I think it has to do with the CC's. I can hold threat, Ive got about the same rotation as every other tank paladin but I cant seem to gain control of the mob once all the cc's have been made. Does anyone have any tips or anything that could help me out, I got so frustrated yesterday I almost wanted to re-roll.

All I can say is welcome to Cata Heroics
    I refuse to tank in Cata Heroics myself unless it is a guild group, and even then haven't had much luck.
    I personally haven't cleared an single Cata Heroic on random, though a few friends have. I think part of it is what heroic you get and the group composition (i.e. what CC the group has vs what mobs).

If you linked your armory it would help. I finally figured things out myself for raiding. Now that I have I take little to no damage in heroics. I pretty much keep myself up.

Think its just experince, hard to know the pulls and what needs to be CCed without being there.

Id try take some guildies if you could. A healer who you know makes it a lot easier, even better if your on vent with them.

Also a mage is great CC and Food = Win

Might want to try a semi self healer build. Word of Glory mostly.It help lots if your running with not to geared healers. Done all the Heroics accpet Grim, And some are alot harder then i thought.

Hi,When you say 'hard to control the mobs once CC has been used' what are you meaning?If people are breaking CC, then they need a kick in the backsideGenerally speaking you can use Avengers sheild AFTER CC has been applied (it won't break CC'ed mobs), it also will get the things you wantto tank to walk towards you for a few seconds.Use your single target seal and don't use HoTR unless you are 100% sure it won't clip a CC'ed mob, mark primary target with Skull, dps need to learn to hit skull and not spam AOE stuff (ie like a rogue I was in a PUG with the other night hwo FOK'ed next to CC'ed mobs... fun).Heroics are really all about teamwork, if your group refuses to use CC, then unless your group is either amazngly awesome or you outgear the place by about 2 or 3 tears of content then it will end in tears.Also, DPS need to give tanks a few seconds to get aggro, then they can go nuts.At the moment, there's far too much WOTLK mindset amoungst LFD groups.-Liannah

+ Reply to Thread