+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid tanks and Damage? and scaling.

Druid tanks and Damage? and scaling.

it seems that our druid tank is smashing the damage - Pulling well over 30k dps when bezerk is up on trash packs. its amazing to see and not that im complaning because it only helps to speed of a heroic but thats nuts. our dps is running at around 11k on the same mobs and the tears that come from it are huge haha.
    Anyone else experienced this?

Its the Feral end point talent, 15 second duration base, 3 min cooldown, hits 3 targets with a single target ability, 3x10k as opposed to 1x10k so 30K is within the description tooltip (and its normally less than that anyway).

I fail to see the point your making?

Its often more trouble than its worth and its use (at the stage in the game we are at now) is situational.

Further to this we are using cc on trash as its a welcome and appreciated change in game design, beserk is next to useless in this repect.

I tend to use it on boss fights for the threat lead quickly so I can focus on the environment, positioning,
    interupts and actual game play mechanics not looking at the positions on recount.

When we outgear everything and it becomes dull wrath mode its all over for me, wrath recount kids had thier day.

Its time to read your spell books, bind some more keys and leave your egos at the door.

I am experiencing amazing dps in heroics as a bear, yes. Your numbers are a bit exaggerated, but yeah, it's close to them anyway.

If anything I'd happily trade some of that damage for a mitigation mechanic better than savage defense. What do I care for a dps lead on trash when my mitigation is designed to stop working when I have 4+ mobs attacking me at the same time?

I don't want this to come as a QQ because it's very mild tho. I'm really enjoying content and the level of difficulty at the moment. It's the best WoW I've played in years, so few complaints.

As a warrior I only do about 12-13k on average for most packs.

Gacktt, Druids simply aren't doing those (12-13k) numbers over an Heroic instance duration.

Unless, possibly, you are trying to play in a Wrath mentality and pull everything in one go.

Which in my experience (so far) you can't as healers will be oom in no time and inevitably you wipe.

The original post (a poorly disguised QQ?) is purely a Beserk talent effect and I reiterate for emphasis, is situational and of no real relevance.

What concerns me far more is the lackluster threat that thrash and swipe give.

Actually, some classes have it far easier in heroics as a healer. Most notably, Paladins and Shamans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

By a cruel twist of fate I have a disc preist or a resto druid healing my furry bum....

No no not a qq at all. i am a fellow tank and i dont even use recount. No idea why its even in the game to be honest. I just thought it was funny thats all. sorry arent observational posts available here?
    and yes situationally very awesome.

Druid tanks and Damage? and scaling.

Warrior tank here. Heh tonight topped the dps charts in a normal dungeon. Even beat our regular top dpser. He muttered something about nerf when he checked his recount. Am not complaining!

3 tanks + 2 healers = the future of heroic dungeons? :]

Ps: yes, I am being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauntyke View Post
    Gacktt, Druids simply aren't doing those (12-13k) numbers over an Heroic instance duration.

Unless, possibly, you are trying to play in a Wrath mentality and pull everything in one go.

Which in my experience (so far) you can't as healers will be oom in no time and inevitably you wipe.

The original post (a poorly disguised QQ?) is purely a Beserk talent effect and I reiterate for emphasis, is situational and of no real relevance.

In proper gear(full 333 and the odd 346 rep reward) and competent playing you can aoe tank almost every pack, maybe a polymorph on some mobs that are simply too damaging(the sphynx adepts for example). By the time you are in full 346 you will aoe every pack without challenge, and that's when druids doing 30k dps vs warrior/pally/DK 13k is broken, if druids really do 30k as he claims.

It's 30k if you pop Berserk and spam mangle to the exclusion of all else for 15 seconds, basically.

Is it nice? Yeah. Is it "omg bears do 30k DPS?" No. I'm sure lots of classes can pop cooldowns in certain situations and do huge DPS for a
    short period.

I don't think it's the threat they do that bothers me, it's the fact that it's a pain to have enough rage at the beginning of a pull to use them effetively. No opening rage from charge and no "free" rage ability unless we pop Enrage and sit there for 8 seconds waiting for the debuff to tick off every pull. If someone pre-DoT's a mob before I've hit it or something, it can be a big annoyance.

Last edited by Bovinity; 12-15-2010 at 08:29 AM.

The only thing that is crazy is vengeance.

I easily outdps'd our dps in every Halfus attempt Monday night. 15k dps as the Halfus tank. Sure I have plenty of mitigating factors like I don't have to move, but it is quite crazy to see me at the top of damage done after every attempt.

Berserk is amazing for burn phases or times where you really really need immediate threat on 1-3 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wars View Post
    The only thing that is crazy is vengeance.

I easily outdps'd our dps in every Halfus attempt Monday night. 15k dps as the Halfus tank.
    I seem to recall a blue post deep in cata develompent with blizz design philosophy that tanks do similar dps to DPS-ers.
    In this light, your dps-ers are lacking or undergeared or otherwise unable to fully open up on boss.

Don't worry about it, tank dps is fine, your dps-ers must up their game. (btw, elitistjerks has some simulations of DPS-ers in T11 gear, their dps is in the 23-25k dps range, puts things into perspective, ain't it)
    Last edited by Timberton; 12-17-2010 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wars View Post
    5k dps as the Halfus tank.
    That's nothing, wait for the numbers while the third drake has been freed.

You can't compare your numbers on Halfus to a regular dps fight due to +50-150% damage all the time. Your dps should pull between 10-15k dps on a stationary fight in 346 gear and without a +% damage modifier.

How does he even do 34k? does he normally do like 15k dps? I haven't tested tanking a boss full time with 22k attack power, but on most heroic bosses I only do like 6k because of the whole rage issue.

Well for what it's worth, with vengeance fully stacked against Halfus, I was rocking 29.7k attack power. Crazy, crazy stuff indeed.

+ Reply to Thread