+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engineering Tinkers

Engineering Tinkers

So now that engineering tinkers stack w/ enchants and such I was looking forward to putting them on my gear. I thought the grounded plasma shield looked like a natural tank fit and was getting ready to put it on, but decided to read a bit. I read that the misfire has 3 possible effects, one taunts everything to you, not bad for a tank, but could be annoying, stun, very bad for a tank as all avoidance is lost, and then the big one, 100% increase of chance to be crit......

So... have they put these very punishing misfires in to eliminate their use in raids? Are all the other tinkers equally punishing? Anyone have a lot of experience with them yet?

Thanks,

Grom

Pretty sure in all the times I've used it so far... I've only gotten the taunt one, so the chance isn't extremely high like it is for the "new" rocket boost.

I have never had a missfire yet, and I use it every cooldown

I put the plasma shield on my belt and thought to try it in heroics, I had 1 misfire after about 20 uses and it was the stun, rooted me in place when I needed to move, I have since stopped using it and am quite disappointed in the toys that engineering has now I can't imagine any raid leader being happy with a wipe induced by an untimely misfire of the shield.

What's the tinker that can cause 150% health damage to you? Is that the rocket boots?

Lately I've been thinking about trying out the cardboard assassin tinker... if it can successfully taunt the boss for 1 swing, that would be far more damage avoided than the shield could do.

I was considering using the tinkers "Quick Flip Detection Plates" and "Cardboard Assassin" but I found this thread. Are these anti-PVE side effects still on these things?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82177
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84425/cardboard-assassin

I love my rocket boosts, and I haven't had a misfire yet.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    I love my rocket boosts, and I haven't had a misfire yet.
    Mine did back when they first implemented it; was sprinting past Valk to get to the LK portal, shot sraight up into the air and pulled Valk as I floated slowly down, wiped everyone following me. Didn't read the patch notes and had no idea what the hell happened. It was pretty comical.

Nice I think I need a second belt to swap out to use Nitro Boost now too. =} What are you guys using on your cloak, chute? I wanna find someone in PVP mode and try to air battle them with it.. lolz Or is this protected against too?

My rocket boots fail pretty much every time I use them. Yay RNG

+ Reply to Thread