Current open recruitment:
-Tanks (Paladin preferred): for the love of your favorite deity, please have reaction times faster than that of a coma patient, there are a lot of other incredibly important things that you should have/be, but simply put be awesome. Be able to play your offspec and have at least heroic gear for it.
- DPS (any class/spec): Don't be awful, again don't have the reaction times comparable to that of a coma patient, your DPS needs to be competitive, Don't waste my time and your $25. If you can't pull 13k DPS like it's no bodies business don't even think about applying.
- 94 Shadow Priests: Don't be bad at DPS, and use divine hymn/hymn of hope when ever I tell you to. Your job isn't hard.
- 1 DPS Warrior: You absolutely positively need to be amazing. You will be competing with me and I will pick every little detail apart and over analyze everything you do. Please be good at playing all 3 warrior specs, and have at least heroic gear for them. Know warrior theorycrafting like it's your first name. I am going to be very picky about this spot.
- 2-3 Warlocks: Make sure you play with your monitor on. Be able to play at least 2 of the 3 lock specs competitively.
- 1-18 Resto Druids: Show up to raids, don't withdraw your application when you get sat, don't be blind, don't be emo, be able to handle harsh criticism. gear for any of your off specs is a plus.
- 1-2 Mages: I know your DPS sucks right now, but you should still be able to beat our tanks on damage (it's not hard to do, I swear). You need to be able to offset your classes poor DPS with good player skill and raid utility.
- 1-2 Ele/Enh Shaman: Have good latency and fast reaction times, be good at interrupting and purging, and do good damage.
- Feral Druids(dps): Show up to raids on time, don't be emo, don't live on the other side of the planet from the data center, don't whine incessantly, don't be an attention whore, Be able to tank if asked, be able to use tranquility when asked. I am most concerned about personality and learning speed here.
- 1-2 Rogues: Have good reaction times, good latency, and show up for every raid ever.
- 1 Resto Shaman: Be amazing, be able to pull off what ever crazy thing I tell you to do.
- 1-2 Holy Paladins: Drop bombs everywhere, win win win, show up to raids.
-Any other class/spec that isn't played by a mouthbreathing manchild.
Our recruitment is never closed. Truly exceptional applicants will be tried and given a raid slot regardless of their class.
Establshed in February 2005, Casual has consistently ranked among the top 40-60 US. Our past achievements include:
US 55th Kil’Jaeden Kill
Conqueror of Naxxramas
The Magic Seeker
US 37th Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood
US 32nd Firefighter
US 42nd Celestial Defender (Algalon)
Realm First: Death's Demise
Us 32nd Tribute to Mad Skill
US 61st Heroic Halion
Casual currently raids 20 or less hours a week; we will never increase our raid times to compete with other guilds.
Casual is composed mostly of mature adult men with jobs and other commitments (binge drinking, %*%!ing !!#@@s, reading, watching movies etc). Vent is quite lively with stories such as getting your girlfriend pregnant, %*%!ing married women, and other such great topics. Our raid core does contain the occasional female member (yes, they do exist on the internet). However, female gamers that can hang with us are of a very special breed. I should also warn you: if you do not have a sick sense of humor or cannot take the occasional (okay, frequent) racist or sexist joke, then you should not apply to our guild. It's like Lord of the Flies in here, only less same-sex awkwardness, or more. Your mileage may vary.
With such a short raiding schedule (6-10pm PST Monday through Thursday) we raid efficiently and effectively. We are only looking for highly skilled players who are able to commit to our schedule (and have class A personalities) and wont quit the first time they get to second base (anal is the new second base) with a girl. If you want to raid 28 hours a week, we are not what you are looking for.
We are also extremely active in arenas and PVP. Our raid group is full of current and past Gladiators, and we are always looking to bolster those numbers. Strong raiders that are also strong PVPers have a high likelihood of being accepted.
- All applicants must fill out and submit an application from the template provided on this forum.
- The app should be PM'd to Shamlarie. In order to do so, you must register to our forums.
- If your application interests us, you will be contacted as soon as possible.
- Applicants who are approved after their vent interview will enter a trial period of 30 days. During this trial period you are tagged and will participate in as many raids as possible for evaluation.
- At the end of the trial period the decision is made whether to promote you to member or to let you go.
Notes for Applicants:
- Copy the application template to notepad and save a copy of your application for your own records on your machine.
- When submitting your application via PM on this forum, please note that you will NOT receive verification that it has been sent nor will it be copied to your outbox unless you check the option to do so when you send the PM.
Benefits of making Member:
-Once you are a full member of Casual you are entitled to 1000g a day in repairs.
-Pots and Flasks are free, 1 stack per day.
-All gems you need for main spec and off spec are free to you.
-All glyphs are provided for you.
-Free enchants/leg kits/belt buckles.
Our DKP system: (AquaDKP)
-Tier-based DKP pools
-Fixed event/kill DKP rewards
-Primary raid specs take precedence in determining loot
-Attendance-based bid tiers
-Sidegrade/upgrade options for rotting loot
For any questions, feel free to ask Pallarie/Shamlarie in game. Send a PM to Shamlarie on our boards with your application once it is completed. From there he will post it on our internal forums where we will evaluate your application and then set up a time for your vent interview. Most of the time we can figure out what kind of person you are in about 5 min of talking to you on vent, but some interviews last quite a bit longer depending on our need for your class. After the vent interview, we will make a decision based on the interview and your app and get back to you within a few days.
A Message from the Raid leader:
I am looking for individuals who are looking to take a step up and are willing to put in the effort required to make this guild as good as it can be in a progression environment. I have raided for some of the best guilds in the US, and I want to one day be able to say that I lead raids for one of the best guilds in the US. I am looking for people who are dedicated to progression, and dedicated to learning a fight as quickly as possible. I am looking for people who hate it when they make mistakes, and people who don't repeat a mistake, regardless of who made it. I want people who are constantly on the cutting edge of their class and spec, I shouldn't have to ever worry about you bringing sub par DPS. My standards are very high, I will be judging your performances against some of the best players in the US, and the world. I want my raiders to be avid min/max'ers, avid strategy makers, avid theorycrafters I want my raiders to be amazing at what they do. If you think you have what it takes to help this guild get back where it belongs, I want you.
Last edited by Thegreatme; 01-10-2011 at 02:06 PM.