+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need help on Hurricane encht

I need help on Hurricane encht

OK as a hunter we normally don't get weapon enchts that work for us but i was reading the hurricacne encht
    Permanently enchant a melee weapon to sometimes increase haste rating by 450 for 12 sec when casting spells or dealing melee damage. Requires a level 300 or higher item.
    I was wondering would it work since we deal melee damage plz help ty =)

No that's an upgrade from Black Magic that I use on my mage. As a hunter you want either the Agility enchant or, my preference and the one I use, the attack power enchant. Hurricane does you no good, you don't need spell haste and if you're dealing melee damage you're doing something wrong.

It does not say its spell haste and hunters ranged damage is physical which is classifed as melee damage so idno atm

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostgummy View Post
    It does not say its spell haste and hunters ranged damage is physical which is classifed as melee damage so idno atm
    Ranged damage unless things have changed is not the same as melee damage. And you quote it as haste for "casting spells." So if it's spell casting haste and melee damage it's not for a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Ranged damage unless things have changed is not the same as melee damage. And you quote it as haste for "casting spells." So if it's spell casting haste and melee damage it's not for a hunter.
    He said it procs from spell casting, not that it only increases spell haste.

But yeah, hunters don't do melee damage. I think you have the word melee confused with physical. Hunters and melee do physical damage. But melee is hand to hand (so to speak). Thus why people say melee range, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostgummy View Post
    Hunters do a fair amount of physical damage, yes, but they do it with their ranged weapon. Since they aren't meleeing with their melee weapon, the proc doesn't proc. And since their "spells" don't count as spells exactly, the proc still won't proc.

If a trinket or enchant says "your ranged attacks..." then it will proc for you. If it only says spells or melee, it will not proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Symph View Post
    He said it procs from spell casting, not that it only increases spell haste.
    Yeah, just like Black Magic - it's the upgrade from Black Magic, but now includes melee (think Black Magic was only spell).

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Yeah, just like Black Magic - it's the upgrade from Black Magic, but now includes melee (think Black Magic was only spell).
    Black magic worked with certain melee classes for whatever reasons. I know it worked on shred for druids and it worked for rogues but I'm not sure what ability would proc it (maybe poisons?).

yea poisons, spells for druids including moonfire (didnt know shred procced it) and things like exorcism for pallies all procced it. i dont know if avalanch will proc for hunters but i highly doubt it. If i were you i would look up landslide and see if hunters can proc that cause that would be much better

I need help on Hurricane encht

This does work for ret now and through talents, lowers the cd on crusaders strike when it procs. Seems like a great one for ret or unholy dk. So this is for sure just a haste proc and not "spell haste". The previous statements seem correct though that a hunter would not proc this. The 81 agil should be great for you. Attack power should be good also and a little cheaper.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    This does work for ret now and through talents, lowers the cd on crusaders strike when it procs. Seems like a great one for ret or unholy dk. So this is for sure just a haste proc and not "spell haste". The previous statements seem correct though that a hunter would not proc this. The 81 agil should be great for you. Attack power should be good also and a little cheaper.
    Everything still points to DKs using Fallen Crusader for a DPS enchant.

+ Reply to Thread