+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: I need help on Hurricane encht

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2

    I need help on Hurricane encht

    OK as a hunter we normally don't get weapon enchts that work for us but i was reading the hurricacne encht
    Permanently enchant a melee weapon to sometimes increase haste rating by 450 for 12 sec when casting spells or dealing melee damage. Requires a level 300 or higher item.
    I was wondering would it work since we deal melee damage plz help ty =)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,033
    No that's an upgrade from Black Magic that I use on my mage. As a hunter you want either the Agility enchant or, my preference and the one I use, the attack power enchant. Hurricane does you no good, you don't need spell haste and if you're dealing melee damage you're doing something wrong.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    It does not say its spell haste and hunters ranged damage is physical which is classifed as melee damage so idno atm

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostgummy View Post
    It does not say its spell haste and hunters ranged damage is physical which is classifed as melee damage so idno atm
    Ranged damage unless things have changed is not the same as melee damage. And you quote it as haste for "casting spells." So if it's spell casting haste and melee damage it's not for a hunter.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Ranged damage unless things have changed is not the same as melee damage. And you quote it as haste for "casting spells." So if it's spell casting haste and melee damage it's not for a hunter.
    He said it procs from spell casting, not that it only increases spell haste.

    But yeah, hunters don't do melee damage. I think you have the word melee confused with physical. Hunters and melee do physical damage. But melee is hand to hand (so to speak). Thus why people say melee range, etc.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostgummy View Post
    It does not say its spell haste and hunters ranged damage is physical which is classifed as melee damage so idno atm
    Hunters do a fair amount of physical damage, yes, but they do it with their ranged weapon. Since they aren't meleeing with their melee weapon, the proc doesn't proc. And since their "spells" don't count as spells exactly, the proc still won't proc.

    If a trinket or enchant says "your ranged attacks..." then it will proc for you. If it only says spells or melee, it will not proc.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Symph View Post
    He said it procs from spell casting, not that it only increases spell haste.
    Yeah, just like Black Magic - it's the upgrade from Black Magic, but now includes melee (think Black Magic was only spell).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Yeah, just like Black Magic - it's the upgrade from Black Magic, but now includes melee (think Black Magic was only spell).
    Black magic worked with certain melee classes for whatever reasons. I know it worked on shred for druids and it worked for rogues but I'm not sure what ability would proc it (maybe poisons?).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    169
    yea poisons, spells for druids including moonfire (didnt know shred procced it) and things like exorcism for pallies all procced it. i dont know if avalanch will proc for hunters but i highly doubt it. If i were you i would look up landslide and see if hunters can proc that cause that would be much better

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,055

    I need help on Hurricane encht

    This does work for ret now and through talents, lowers the cd on crusaders strike when it procs. Seems like a great one for ret or unholy dk. So this is for sure just a haste proc and not "spell haste". The previous statements seem correct though that a hunter would not proc this. The 81 agil should be great for you. Attack power should be good also and a little cheaper.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    This does work for ret now and through talents, lowers the cd on crusaders strike when it procs. Seems like a great one for ret or unholy dk. So this is for sure just a haste proc and not "spell haste". The previous statements seem correct though that a hunter would not proc this. The 81 agil should be great for you. Attack power should be good also and a little cheaper.
    Everything still points to DKs using Fallen Crusader for a DPS enchant.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts