+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK tanking 85 cata - Help!

DK tanking 85 cata - Help!

I've hit 85 a few days a go, i'm at about 341 average ilvl and when i go to heroics with my guild i just get absolutely shamashed by the mobs, is it just a general death knight blood tank thing at the moment or is it just me? I do rotate my CD's but whenever IBF aint active i get smashed. Could anyone help?

DK tanking 85 cata - Help!

What happens when bone shield or vampiric blood are up? Are you saying those don't work? Rune tap is a 30 sec cd. Are you using it frequently? Do you have a good way to watch Blood Shield? If not, get power auras. If blood shield is not up, death strike should be a high priority. Try not to overlap CDs so you don't waste uptime on any of them.

Having said all that, is your group making total use of cc? Blizzard is expecting you to when they say your gear is ready. This ain't WotLK. The average pack is too much for anything but and overgeared tank/healer combo. CC is expected.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Have to really be smart with cool downs and use them early and often. Frequent Death Strikes (like every time it comes up) are a must along with lots of mastery.

Unless the OP states otherwise, I'm leaning towards thinking the groups he runs with aren't using any CC.

CC is a must if you are getting your face kicked in by the mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    Unless the OP states otherwise, I'm leaning towards thinking the groups he runs with aren't using any CC.

CC is a must if you are getting your face kicked in by the mobs.
    CC and a good mob burn order.

get blood shield tracker, its amazing for DK tanking it tells u how much ur heal is gona be and how much ur shield is at, also tells u if its up or not

Best advice I could give:
    1.) Make sure your group uses all of it's CC's whenever they can.
    2.) Give your healer some help and use CD's whenever you can.
    3.) Give your healer more help and Rune Tap whenever you can. (30 seconds CD for a reason)
    4.) Death Strike every time you can, keep that bubble up, it's not much, but its a lot more than nothing.
    5.) Give it time, you'll get your better gear and you'll start to get in a rhythm and it will be second nature.
    6.) Use Anti-Magic Shell too; it absorbs 75% magic damage I think

+ Reply to Thread