+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Conclave of Wind

Thanks for your advice. We killed them this week. We now let tanks and healers jump together, too. But we start to coordinate the jump as around 70 (don't knos why, RL insisted). The actual jump often was around 80. We did not tank the adds anymore. However I think it would be faster and easier to heal if we would tank them, again. When we tanked them they were easily dead around 65 and now sometimes one or two flowers survive. DPS changes for ultimate when flowers are dead or at the last moment.

Each group probably has to find their own strategy. As soon as you know how to coordinate the jumps it's only about balancing your dmg right. How you do this depends on your setup and how much every player is able to contribute.

We've got a 10 man raid team with a prot and holy paladin on most nights. Our main trouble so far has been the length of fight, with us being unable to recover from a mistake late in the try. I've seen multiple posters here recommend starting the paladin team on Nezir and using divine protection to wipe the debuffs for the first ultimate. We did that, but they were concerned about Nezir's Sleet Storm lasting 15 seconds, well over the 8 second immunity bubble.

As a result, West platform's dps was coming over every time, including the first, to help eat that damage with the paladins. They would then return to West. We could get a lot more dps on Anshal if everyone stayed put for the first ultimate, but I'm unsure what Sleet Storm can do to 2 people without debuffs over 7-8 seconds.

Wowhead lists the ability as doing 28500 to 31500 every second for 15 seconds, divided amongst all targets. Can we safely keep dps burning on West for the first ultimate and speed this encounter along, or is it safest to split the damage everytime? Thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by Wappadu; 01-20-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Wall of Text troubles

It's not really a matter if you can safely keep your DPS on Anshal's platform during the Ultimate for continued DPS.. it's not wise. The damage from sleetstorm is split amongst all targets (read: players) on Nezir's platform during the ultimate. DPS on Anshal is not an issue if he is being tanked correctly, out of the circles of healing. We usually find that DPS on Anshal actually has to stop on the 3rd rotation so we can focus on bringing Nezir's health down further.

Set up your raid (on 10m) like so and see how it works for you, keep in mind it's different for every team:
    Anshal: Tank, 1 healer (preferred strong AOE healing), 2 dps. Both DPS should be able to stun, snare, and AOE without it being too much of a resource drain. Hunters are sublime at this.
    Nezir: Tank, 1 healer (single target healing is fine), 2 dps. Both DPS and the healer make sure and stay behind Nezir at all times, and avoid the section of the platform near the wind bridge until ready to jump. This is because he will drop frost puddles in the way of where you will need to run.
    Rohash: 1 ranged dps and 1 single target healer. You should both stay there the whole time, but the DPS can go to Nezir's platform if they want. I choose to stay because I can continue DPS and I don't want to get behind on the percentages.

During the switch you should have a tank, healer, and 2 dps on Nezir's platform to split up the sleet storm damage. Your AOE healer will be pressed here, but skills like aura mastery or a resistance totem help reduce the damage. During the 2nd rotation Anshal should be close to death, but just keep him from healing and keep his HP low until Nezir is ready to pop. We use Nezir as our marker for when to blow them up.. at 10% (roughly 700k health). If you time it right, you will win.

Long story short: If you leave only 2 people there even with only 7 seconds of the sleetstorm, you will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Wappadu View Post
    We've got a 10 man raid team with a prot and holy paladin on most nights. Our main trouble so far has been the length of fight, with us being unable to recover from a mistake late in the try. I've seen multiple posters here recommend starting the paladin team on Nezir and using divine protection to wipe the debuffs for the first ultimate. We did that, but they were concerned about Nezir's Sleet Storm lasting 15 seconds, well over the 8 second immunity bubble.

As a result, West platform's dps was coming over every time, including the first, to help eat that damage with the paladins. They would then return to West. We could get a lot more dps on Anshal if everyone stayed put for the first ultimate, but I'm unsure what Sleet Storm can do to 2 people without debuffs over 7-8 seconds.

Wowhead lists the ability as doing 28500 to 31500 every second for 15 seconds, divided amongst all targets. Can we safely keep dps burning on West for the first ultimate and speed this encounter along, or is it safest to split the damage everytime? Thanks for the clarification.

One fun little trick we've found out about this fight... if you have a Death Knight tank, particularly one glyphed for Anti-Magic Shell, it is wholly possible and, perhaps, easier, to have him tank Nezir the entirety of the fight. The reason being that, if you can time your AMS right (I believe its just before the Whiteout preceding his Ultimate), it is possible to clear your stacks without switching tanks. You'll still have to switch healers, of course, but consistently tanking the same boss would make transitions a little less hectic.

Hoping I could ask this question here, sorry in advance if wrong place.

DPS on this - what kind of average is expected on this fight? My RL and I are disagreeing on that. Other than myself (playing on my rogue) nobody is getting into double digit DPS, I am greatly concerned due to the new content being more challenging. It may not be a dps race but I do not like people using that as an excuse, sounds weak-sauce to me. So anyway, thanks in advance

This is one of the most RGN fights so far, the range group sometimes get the boss pointing at one of them and spouting in other direction, not to mention the transparent graphics of the spell, also if they stack there is not chance of recovery if they all get thrown off the platform. Also if you run into the air corridor between platforms making a slight angle, you fall into the void, and sometimes even running straight you fall. The transition between Anshal and Nezir tanks has to be flawless, since he can use premafrost pointing at the exit where all the dps is jumping in and out.
    The enrage timer is not bad, we killed Anshal and all jumped to Nezir while the warlock still had to finish off Rohash and with one dps less was still doable, also is very possible dropping down Nezir even before Anshal since when all dps jumps in that platform the dmg done along 2 or 3 transitions is a lot.
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

We downed this last week but our kill was extremely messy and we feel that we over complicated it - and whilst it worked and we did manage a kill - we felt it could be alot simplier, I will try to explain our entire strategy for this fight.

Raid composition: 3 Healers, 2 Tanks, 3 Ranged DPS, 2 Melee DPS.

We had all our Ranged at Rohash with a Healer, a Tank and Healer team on Nezir and a Tank and Healer team at Anshal with the Melee DPS. During the initial (what we called our Phase 1), it was the Ranged job to burst Rohash as much as possible, doing the swaps at 75 Energy - they kept doing this until Rohash was at 500k health. During this time, it was the Melee group's job just to prevent him from healing as much as possible and just DPS down the adds/Anshal as best as they could. Once the Ranged team had Rohash down to 500k, they would all run to Anshal's platform (we had them go towards the instance enterance rather then jump through Nezir, so they avoided the stacks of the debuff) and we had all our DPS focus burn down Anshal. Once Anshal reaches 300k health, the Ranged would return to Rohash and the Melee would continue at Anshal. The two teams would then bring down their bosses at the same time.

Jump over to Nezir, activate Time Warp (we don't have a Shaman, and feel a Shaman's use is limited on this fight due to everyone not being able to benefit from their totems) and nuke down Nezir. Using this method we downed the boss with a Tank and Healer dead. We believe this was just a bad transition.. but it was extremely complicated. It took us a couple attempts to get this strategy down, as we realised if we got both bosses down to the 500/300k threshold, just before the ultimate, Anshal would heal during the Ultimate, then Rohash would be dead.. and not have enough time to finish off the other 2 bosses before Rohash reappears. The way we combatted this for the actual kill was that we ensured that the 500/300k threshold was established AFTER the ultimate and well before the next. Doing this enabled us to kill them at the same time (we used different threshold as the Ranged DPS had more DPS then the Melee and could burn 500k in about the same time the Melee could burn 300k) and we got a kill. As a sidenote, our Rohash healer got very bored during this fight as he was at Rohash the entire fight. :P

Is this strategy too complicated and could it be simplified? Or is it a completely viable tactic? Because I think if it's viable for continued kills, we're going to go ahead and keep doing it..

EDIT As it stands, we don't think our Healers can handle more then just himself and the Tank over at the Nezir platform due to the stacking debuff, so having our Ranged DPS go onto Nezir after Rohash is at 500k isn't viable as it would result in a wipe.[/b]

DPS on this - what kind of average is expected on this fight? My RL and I are disagreeing on that. Other than myself (playing on my rogue) nobody is getting into double digit DPS, I am greatly concerned due to the new content being more challenging. It may not be a dps race but I do not like people using that as an excuse, sounds weak-sauce to me. So anyway, thanks in advance
    10 or 25 man?
    Breaking Out Fat Bright Crayons for the raid challenged since 2005!
    Blood & Glory
    Currently recruiting CORE RAIDERS & Casual members, apply here!

Quote Originally Posted by gonlaz View Post

The video shows that Rohash and Anshal should be dead before the third ultimate, but definately before the fourth if that isn't possible. The reason for this is primarily Healer mana. In fights without enrage timers (I could be wrong, but I don't think this has one?) your DPS are just there to make sure your Healers don't run OOM.

Our Guild killed this with Rohash and Anshal dying after the third ultimate but before the fourth. Our Healers were getting low on Mana at the time and we barely managed the kill.

We just downed Conclave and I want to share our tactics.
    We put one healer and one DPS on Rohash island (the weakest healer and the strongest DPS) and the two of them remained on that island the entire fight.

Then we had a tank-healer pair on each of Anshal and Rohash, switching before each ultimate at 85 energy or so. All four DPS that weren't assigned to Rohash also would be switching, but they stay together. They begin on Anshal and make sure to kill the adds. When energy is about 85, they switch to Nezir. They stay there until 10-15 energy and then switch back to Anshal. They then repeat the process. (The raid leader should keep an eye on the health of Anshal and Nezir and decide exactly when the switch needs to happen).

After the third ultimate, the bosses should all be around 25%. The timing of the last switch back to Anshal is tricky, because you don't want to kill him too quickly. We brought Nezir down to about 10% before sending DPS to Anshal. Once there, they burned down Anshal (ignoring adds this time since they would be harmless once everyone leaves the platform). Then, DPS simply finishes off Nezir and Rohash.

The biggest challenge is the timing, as killing Anshal too quickly after the third ultimate leaves too little time to kill the other bosses. At the same time, Anshal needs to go down before the fifth ultimate or he will heal and massively buff the adds (Which haven't been killed) and the Nezir team will take massive sleetstorm damage.

On our kill, we had Anshal die at around 60 energy, with Nezir going down quickly enough afterwards that everyone made it to the Rohash platform before the ultimate. Rohash popped his ultimate with 300k health left and Anshal had about 20 seconds left before getting back up.

In my opinion, the easiest boss of the four "entry" bosses at this tier, but then again we've had miserable luck with Halfus drakes. With the right setup, he's probably a bit easier.

Meters are can be really deceptive on this fight given how much movement and coordination there is. That being said, our raid averaged 52,500 dps (10 man) on the Conclave. As a point of reference, we're doing about 112,000 dps on Halfus and about 100,000 on Magmaw (new shammy on that fight). Realistically, you should aim to be downing the last boss right before the third ultimate, or pushing the first one down immediately following the third ultimate.

As far as jumping to Nezir, the issue isn't that staying on the other two platforms will kill you, it won't. But unless a lot of people on blue, being there WILL kill them. It's a meteor effect (Blackrock Caverns, Algaloth...).

As for the wind fellow, before he does his blast attack, there are a good 2 seconds where he is casting it and is facing the direction where it will begin, similar to C'Thun. Just pay attention and you'll be fine.

Something I would note that caught me a little by surprise when I started tanking this. Because of his ridiculously massive hitbox, Anshal has to be miles outside of his ground-based healing to not get the heal.

Like, literally almost the entire width of the circle of additional space between him and the circle. I noticed he didn't have a buff coming up when he was standing in it like many similar mechanics, so I simply watched for heal ticks to confirm.

If you have having trouble with Anshal, triple-check that your tanks are actually moving him far enough away. We did this wrong (moving him visually away, even by a good 5-10 meters) and he was going down very slowly. As soon as we changed, he was being the first to die--actually too quickly--and nearly dead by the 2nd transition with 3 DPS.

It totally changes the dynamic of his health pool if your tank isn't moving him properly out of the zone. I'm basically trying to run as far away from him as possible when he starts casting, which is generally just enough distance to get him out when he catches up to me.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

I haven't done this fight yet and my guild is trying it Tuesday, so here is my question; would Anti-Magic Shell remove the stacks from Nezir? I know Ozumat's stacks are removed from Anti-Magic Shell, would it do the same with Nezir's? If it does, what the best time to clear my stacks? 4-5?

You can use AMS to drop your stacks at the end of his ultimate ( about half a second left in his channel). I would suggest being glyphed for it as it has a bit of RNG and sometimes he take a couple seconds to recast the debuff other times he does it right after.

For 10 personally what we do is, Lock/priest on Rohash, tank/healer all but one range dps on Anshall, and pali healer and DK tank with one range dps on Nezir. To drop stacks the range dps on nezir goes over to burn adds on anshall then comes back for ultimate with all the dps. Basically the dps swap between Anshall ( main) Nezir ( to eat aoe) . I drop the stacks with AMS at the end of ultimate, our pali healer bubbles them off during the second ultimate.

Usually our lock can take down Rohash to sub 5% by the time Anshall dies.. Myself and the range can take a huge chunk ( usually bout 15% left) when anshall dies. Depending on the fight we swap out one range to certain points to help out, but we honestly only move for the ultimates other than that we focus fire.

Alright, cool, I just wanted to make sure it was stacks you could drop. I guess I'll drop them after the second ult so I can minimize the damage during the third recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by ralasong View Post
    This fight as been most annoying for my raid group on the fact that, we don't have one problem other then our one person at rohash getting knocked off. Hes been saying that rohash is turning and its pretty much unavoidable. Now i am a tank so i have no clue whats going on over there. So is this true and my raid member just need to get better or is it really unavoidable some times?
    If this is heroic 10 man. I Can vouch that sometimes after the ultimate, he will pop his windy whirl wind with the knocback directly on people. I think its random tho, as have seen him point it totally away from our little group.

I would say from what I have seen yes, sometimes it is unfortuneate and spawns right on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pockmark View Post
    If this is heroic 10 man. I Can vouch that sometimes after the ultimate, he will pop his windy whirl wind with the knocback directly on people. I think its random tho, as have seen him point it totally away from our little group.

I would say from what I have seen yes, sometimes it is unfortuneate and spawns right on someone.
    It does it in normal 10 man too. What we do is after the ultimate end the healer still on Rohash's platform tells the two DPS when to come back because we were having the issue of them getting knocked off the platform the moment they jumped over.

My group is struggling with this fight. Wondering if someone here can point us in the right direction. I've not had a chance to dig into the /combatlog as the fight was just last night and I usually get to see sunrise from my office.

We get through the first Ultimate just fine, then things go to crap. Sometimes it's a RNG type of thing where Rohash is casting wind Blast where the returning DPS will be landing etc...but usually the tank that moves to Nazir dies right after the Ultimate and I can't help but think we're just missing something.

We start with a DK tank and healer with Nazir, Holy pally and 2 ranged on Rohash, Warrior tank and healer on Anshal with the rest of the dps. Right before the first Ultimate (80 energy) we collapse our DPS to Nazir and swap the tank/healers (except the holy pally with Rohash stays put). After the Ultimate, dps jump back to their starting platform and tanks stay on their 'new' platform. We traded the Warrior out for a prot pally and rotated our healers between the tanks (one is a holy pally, other holy priest)...no luck. The only thing we didn't try (and I didn't think of it until writing this post) was to swap the starting location for the tanks...

After the first ultimate, the tank on Nazir is down which means wipe since that means the healer on that platform is gonna get one-shotted and then we have an empty platform which we all know means.....wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lignar View Post
    My group is struggling with this fight. Wondering if someone here can point us in the right direction.

We get through the first Ultimate just fine, then things go to crap....but usually the tank that moves to Nazir dies right after the Ultimate and I can't help but think we're just missing something.
    Try the strategy I posted (post #22), which has you switch healers between Rohash and Nezir rather than Anshal and Nezir. Rohash is the easiest healing job by far, so rotating that healer into the mix means he'll have mana and cooldowns available to burn after the first Ultimate.

As a tank for this fight, what trinkets do I want to focus on?

Avoidance, Stamina, or Resistance?

+ Reply to Thread