+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Victory rush grossly OP?

VR is a nice change for prot warriors leveling I had zero down time being prot leveling up and the heals from it untalented was right high from what I can remember.
    From my 5 man exp I speced into the talent to use it below 20% of the targets health and for now it seems to be helping the healers. That is because during that part of the fight healers currently are having mana issues but that could go away when things progress.

The item I dislike is the heal from talents is not as great as other classes. If anything I wish the talent turned VR into a CD so at least we could keep it timed and avoids issues with certain fight mechanic's. I.e. blood prince I was proccing off of mobs that the 1 health point. Plus right now the proc is off the least used ablity while tanking past keeping up the debuff of sunders.

People who think Victory Rush is overpowered are probably those who have not played many other classes other than Warriors.

After leveling both a Rogue and Druid recently, I can say that Victory Rush is in no way overpowered.

Mutilate Rogues have 100% uptime Recuperate, which is 2% health every 3 seconds, Combat Rogues have 4% health every 3 seconds from Recuperate but don't get it refreshed for free like Mutilate Rogues.

Cat Druids get 4% maximum health proc heals on every Crit from Leader of the Pack with ~30+% crit rates in addition to 100% chance to proc free instant Healing Touches (which is around ~60-70% of their health pool) every 5 CP finisher (less for less CP)--both of which the mechanics are available mid-fight and not afterward. They also gain mana from Leader of the Pack which can be used on instant HoTs.

Victory Rush is quite nice, but no more powerful and probably weaker than many other self-healing mechanics out there. Most classes got things that reduce downtime between pulls while soloing, and Victory Rush is that for Warriors.

Cat Druids, for instance, can solo basically any elite or 2-3 man quest with 5 CP Healing Touch + Rejuv combos between DoT refreshes (Rake -> Mangle -> Mangle -> Rip -> HT -> Rejuv -> Mangle -> Rake -> Mange -> Rip -> HT -> Rejuv -> etc...) which Warriors have a hard time doing unless they go Prot and use cooldowns.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

[QUOTE=Kojiyama;478895]People who think Victory Rush is overpowered are probably those who have not played many other classes other than Warriors. QUOTE]

^ win...spicificly other tank classes. maybe ill go as far to say that VR is ideal in "xyz" situation, but in terms of general overpoweredness, that is " i push this i win RAWR" - i just dont see it. a 5% heal in the last moments of a fight is usefull, but your not soloing that fight. as for a raider, i pretty sure somone already said goodluck landing a KB with 17 dps in the raid.
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

Most of the time I forget that vr even exists. I use it when questing only. In comparison to my dks self healing its not even on the map
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

VR was a godsend while leveling. I did it as Def and I have to say you can do amazing things with it. Kite a couple of mobs to an elite and finish them off one by one for sweet, sweet healing is the best stunt I pulled. Otherwise I did as I always did. Gather as many mobs and finish them off one by one.

Compared to my healing priest, VR was OP as I have virtually no downtime with my warrior while my priest will have to drink every now and then. But I only get a killing blow in a dungeon only once every blue moon. I say leave it as it is. It's only the sole big number that irritates people. It's not like it's a 30k heal on a short CD.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

it's nice for leveling and grinding mobs and to help healers in 5 mans but i wouldn't say it's op. it helps warriors with lessening the downtime while leveling, which is the biggest problems with leveling the class. not having to bandage/eat after every couple of pulls now is really nice.

yes there has been a few times that a healer wasn't paying attention and died in a 5 man and i was lucky enough to get a few killing blows and live through the pull chaining my cd's together, but dk's have been able to do this for awhile with death strike....
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

not to QQ but since warriors got the nerf stick last patch, ill take and abuse any OP ability i can get my greedy hands on

Quote Originally Posted by joe1010011010 View Post
    not to QQ but since warriors got the nerf stick last patch, ill take and abuse any OP ability i can get my greedy hands on
    you mean the nerf to the buff they gave us so we would be balanced at lvl 80 for a few weeks before cata release since before that buff it was exactly how it was now balanced around lvl 85...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

precisely that one lols

with a warrior currently leading my guilds raid meters with avrage gear ( i swear he is a robot) im not about to say warriors are under powered any more

but to the OP with a glyphed and tallented victory rush i do agree it is a tad over powered because i also had zero down time with my leveling process, but with that in mind, does that take away from you enjoyment of the GAME? perhaps it will get the nerf treatment down the line, and if that happens then i will be using more bandaids i suppose, but for now, enjoy it

Any ability that is almost useless in a heroic or raid can't be OP'd. VR is a nice leveling tool - and a nice 'bonus' in a raid or heroic, but it's in no way OP'd (unless somehow warriors got every realm first 85?). And as far as tanking - the fact it only works sub-20% limits it's effectiveness there too (that and it's then only a 5% heal for the devastate procs)

It's been said many times but really victory rush isn't OP at all. Instead it is that warriors sucked for that long or that leveling a warrior had so much downtime that when given an ability that makes life a little easier -- but certainly not a game changer -- it seems to be OP.

All Victory Rush did was remove the requirement that a warrior level first-aid to max on the first day of an xpac or carry around 5 stacks of food so they can do a few quests. That's it. That is the only difference.
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by joe1010011010 View Post
    precisely that one lols

with a warrior currently leading my guilds raid meters with avrage gear ( i swear he is a robot) im not about to say warriors are under powered any more

but to the OP with a glyphed and tallented victory rush i do agree it is a tad over powered because i also had zero down time with my leveling process, but with that in mind, does that take away from you enjoyment of the GAME? perhaps it will get the nerf treatment down the line, and if that happens then i will be using more bandaids i suppose, but for now, enjoy it
    So why is having no down time OP in any way? virtually every other class is like that now? or do you think warriors should just not be the same as ever one else?

Its OP on bossfights where it can proc off adds, specially if the adds don't really hurt or have low hp. The first boss in stonecore for example i can almost do without a healer if the dps leaves the adds from the transition alone, same for the first boss in grim batol but need a little bit more healing there. Haven't seen any raid encounters where its really good but it procs of the slime adds on omnitron, probably maloriak adds as well but haven't done that one yet.

Granted, having it proc off of the Behemoth in HTotT's last boss and getting nearly a 2 million heal makes me giggle, you're pretty much at the mercy of landing a killing blow in instances. Does it make it so that you can run any WotLK heroic (for guild achievements now) and virtually impossible to die? Yes, but as that's old content who cares?

I can only think of one instance off the top of my head where it's made me unkillable in current content and that's the first boss of HDeadmines and only after he's in the flame wall stage. Beyond that there's very few instances where you can use it as a crutch unless you purposely drag along extra mobs to boss fights for those heals (in which case you should find another healer anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    Its OP on bossfights where it can proc off adds, specially if the adds don't really hurt or have low hp. The first boss in stonecore for example i can almost do without a healer if the dps leaves the adds from the transition alone, same for the first boss in grim batol but need a little bit more healing there. Haven't seen any raid encounters where its really good but it procs of the slime adds on omnitron, probably maloriak adds as well but haven't done that one yet.
    Problem with your instance is that those mobs leave a bleed that stacks quickly and does heavy damage. YOu have the DPS ignore them completely and you're looking to have a bleed that does about 30-40K on average by the time the worm re-emerges. It's not really OP then if you're having to use it JUST to stay alive... because you want the same mobs that's killing you to be alive for the procs.

In battleground victory rush has been ridiculous. I recently finished one with over 1 million heals and no bandaging (I was 3rd overall in healing). I particularly like running into shammies since VR can proc off totems.

I find it most useful in the elementium mine in Twilight Highlands, when I get to a mining node and need to kill the 5-6 mobs that I have trailing me. It can be very useful in world PVP too if somebody attacks you right as you kill a mob, or you kill a shaman/warlock and they insta rez on you. It doesn't have nearly the same usefulness that Death Strike does.

VR is not OP

having lvl'd 3 toons to 85, i can reasonably say that VR is not OP, even in the part of the game that is leveling.

consider a prot pally...
    seal of insight --- chance for minor heals ( and mana back ) on every swing.
    word of glory --- Big self heal (consumes HoPow)
    spec rule of law - word of glory +15% crit
    spec guarded by light - +10% self heals
    spec eternal glory- 30% chance for WoG no to use HoPow. (ie, instant second cast)
    spec divinity- +6% heals
    Divine Plea- instant 3 HoPow ( with -50% heals )
    an AoE rotation that earns more HoPow than you can easily dump.
    And prot pallies still have bubbles, lay on hands, and ardent defender (but they now have to press a button), and healing spells...

I can not tell you the number of times my prot pally finished over pulls with a full health and mana bar leveling. or the number of times she was the only one standing when a boss died during normal runs.

VR is not OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiyama View Post
    People who think Victory Rush is overpowered are probably those who have not played many other classes other than Warriors.

After leveling both a Rogue and Druid recently, I can say that Victory Rush is in no way overpowered.

[rogues have recuperate]

[Druids have heal-on-crit and spell heals]
    this pretty much sums up the best argument in favor of VR in its current form. There are other classes that can basically level with zero downtime already. so VR doesn't necessarily make warriors unique in that respect.

I definitely have to admit that I "felt" OP while I was leveling, in that I never felt like my character was in any danger. I think I died maybe once while leveling my warrior to 85. sat down to eat maybe 2 or 3 times. Bloodthirst + VR was just unstoppable in every situation. You kill a mob, lead on the next mob with VR, and you're back to 100% health. It was just a Fury pain train, all the way to 85. But that only describes the non-tanking version.

The tanking version is less impressive. If you're running around with 150k life, 5% of 150k is 7500. It's a welcome boost, but most bosses at that level are hitting for much bigger numbers. So prot-talented VR isn't all that impressive. I welcome any and all free hp's, but it's certainly nothing to get worked up over.

as far as aoe tanking trash mobs goes...meh. I don't think anyone's ever going to complain about this, because nobody cares enough about it to make it a developer issue. The leveling issue might concern some folks, but aoe'ing 15-20 trash mobs outside a 5-man or raid isn't going to get too many people's panties in a bunch. It may very well be OP in that respect, but it's not something people will get mad enough about to demand change. So long as warriors aren't stealing spots in raids due to VR, it won't make many people upset enough to care.

so enjoy your OP VR procs!
    Last edited by lyd; 01-04-2011 at 02:23 PM.

I thought my little affliction gnomelock was great. Constant self heal, constant quick mana regen. Never has to stop to eat, never has to stop to drink, never has to bandage. Wow, that's just so crazy!

I do love victory rush when soloing Tol Barad dailies with the insane respawn timers in some places. You suddenly end up with 8 mobs on you, and *without* victory rush, you would die.... (other classes don't die either!)

Quote Originally Posted by Baba View Post
    I thought my little affliction gnomelock was great. Constant self heal, constant quick mana regen. Never has to stop to eat, never has to stop to drink, never has to bandage. Wow, that's just so crazy!

I do love victory rush when soloing Tol Barad dailies with the insane respawn timers in some places. You suddenly end up with 8 mobs on you, and *without* victory rush, you would die.... (other classes don't die either!)
    You mean when you suddenly have 8 horde on you that are roving around in a pack killing single or pairs of alliance players because they would never be able to PVP on their own? Oh wait that's on my server.

+ Reply to Thread