+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 85 Protection Paladin Question

85 Protection Paladin Question

How are you guys doing. I just recently hit 85 and I am starting now to do heroics. Ive just got a question about the stats now.

Whats the current Hit Expertise cap i should be aiming for.

I would also like to know about Mastery. Should I be reforging my gear for mastery or parry. Just a little confused about it all.

Thanks for taken the time to help me out

Hit and expertise caps are what they have always been. For tanks, don't worry about it. For melée dps, 8% hit and 26 expertise. The amount of rating on your gear has gone massively up but those are still the numbers on the character sheet.

As I stated though, you should not worry about that as a tank. With the amount of rating needed now on your gear, you would be sacraficing too much from survivabilty to chase those numbers. With the way mobs hit now and vengence, dps can't come close to me on threat and I have not even looked at my hit or expertise since the expansion went live. I can guarantee though, they are nowhere near cap.

As to parry vs dodge vs mastery, I have not seen any theorycraft numbers yet. I think it's still a bit early. For one, not many guilds are working raids yet. For another, there are still likely to be adjustments made for balance that would render that work void this soon into the expansion.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Hit and expertise caps are what they have always been. For tanks, don't worry about it. For melée dps, 8% hit and 26 expertise. The amount of rating on your gear has gone massively up but those are still the numbers on the character sheet.
    I have to disagree with this a bit. Hit and expertise, while not as important as avoidance, are still important stats. At the moment as tanks, we're doing alright with threat, but later on in the xpac, we're going to be fighting to keep threat against ridiculous amounts of dps. The more you miss, get dodged/parried the less threat you generate, and the harder it is to keep your dps from pulling threat.

Just to be clear, I am not implying that they do not help. Expertise is our #1 threat stat and hit is just behind that. I am only saying that after what comes natively on the gear, it is a low priority to add any extra.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread