+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Omnitron Defense System

My guild downed this last night using 1 warrior tank 2 priest 1 Disc 1 Holy, a holy pally and healing shammy, the rest of the raid was fill with ranged dps and this boss was cake. we had been wiping over and over for the last two weeks trying to get this down with two tanks. we stumbled onto this strat when one tank died the other picked up both trons and we keep going doing better with a tank and two dps down. Found it is a lot better to having all the fire beams and ads coming from one place instead of two. People were able to get out of the group and not get anyone else killed just tanked all the trons where they sit in the room. We may have had a little bit of over kill on the healing we might try 3 healers next week just to see what happens if anyone else is having trouble this might help you out. Give it a try.

The one tank strategy is the perfered method if you have a shield wearing tank class. The additional mitigation from block helps to smooth out some of the spikes in damage caused by multiple trons buffed at once or the tank debuffed by the cloud. Raids with Death Knight and Druid tanks however will generally find it better to double tank it, until such time as their tank starts to overgear it.

There are actually two reasons why single tanking the encounter makes it significantly easier.

The first as you pointed out is that everything comes from one location. So people with tunnel vision only staring in one place can see the mechanics coming from both bosses, instead of having a slime hit them from behind that they never even saw.

The second reason is because of the spikey nature of the boss damage in this encounter around when they gain a buff or the tank gains a debuff, healers have an easier time focusing their attention on a single target instead of bouncing back and forth between two. Because of the length of time it takes to cast larger heals on a target, needing to heal spike damage on multiple targets takes more time than on a single target (and in that time, someone could die).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Can anyone confirm if feral bleeds cause Arcanotron to gain stacks during his shield phase? I've been trying to keep an eye on him to try to verify this myself but with the hecticness of the fight I can't be 100% certain if it's my bleeds or if someone else is attacking him still.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyom View Post
    Can anyone confirm if feral bleeds cause Arcanotron to gain stacks during his shield phase? I've been trying to keep an eye on him to try to verify this myself but with the hecticness of the fight I can't be 100% certain if it's my bleeds or if someone else is attacking him still.
    The only shield affected by damage over time effects (already present) is Magmatron's, because that will absorb a set amount of damage and then explode. All other shield effects are only activated by a directed attack (i.e. you still beating on it). Your DoTs ticking will not cause Electron's sheild to cause AoE damage around you, Arcanotron to gain is stacking buff, or Toxitron to place a stacking poison debuff on you. These three shields only respond to new attacks made against them while the shield is active. The tank or a DPS assigned to interrupting them could be the culprit, or perhaps a wayward pet.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Hi so my guild spent a few hours wiping on this one last night. Main reason was annihilator tbh. When he drops below 50 we had a tank and rogue stay on him but his cast time seems to be 0.5 secs????? This is impossible to catch without superhuman reflexes and an amazing connection speed. Are we missing a trick here? Raid make up was :-

Prott warrior and bear tanks
    2 holy pallies and a resto shammy
    Lock Mage rogue dk & boomer dps.

We had afew wipes to splimes but with a couple of new raiders in party we expected this. Annihilator though was a nightmare :-(
    Any ideas hints gratefully received

Vong
    So long and thanks for all this fish

Can Arcanotron's Power Conversion be dispelled by a Prot Warrior's Shield Slam?

Quote Originally Posted by trevormadsen@gmail.com View Post
    Can Arcanotron's Power Conversion be dispelled by a Prot Warrior's Shield Slam?
    No. Power Conversion is the buff which causes the stacks to increase and it can't be removed. However, the buff which stacks as a result of this, Converted Power, can be spellstolen or dispelled by any offensive magic dispell. Keep in mind though Converted Power stacks and Shield Slam will only remove one stack of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vong View Post
    Hi so my guild spent a few hours wiping on this one last night. Main reason was annihilator tbh. When he drops below 50 we had a tank and rogue stay on him but his cast time seems to be 0.5 secs????? This is impossible to catch without superhuman reflexes and an amazing connection speed. Are we missing a trick here? Raid make up was :-

Prott warrior and bear tanks
    2 holy pallies and a resto shammy
    Lock Mage rogue dk & boomer dps.

We had afew wipes to splimes but with a couple of new raiders in party we expected this. Annihilator though was a nightmare :-(
    Any ideas hints gratefully received

Vong
    Converted Power will make the cast uninteruptable. While the Power Conversion shield is active, any direct attack against Arcanotron will stack the Converted Power buff. This needs to be dispelled in order to make the Arcane Anhilator interruptable. Ideally you're mage will want to spellsteal it as it will be a considerable buff to their DPS. However if you have a rogue attacking Arcanotron as well as the tank, the buff will stack faster than it can be dispelled anyway. While Power Conversion is active the only thing you should be doing is interrupting him. Power Conversion itself only lasts 10 seconds, however the resulting Converted Power buff lasts 30 seconds if it isn't dealt with.

Also as a different note, not very common knowledge but Arcanotron unlike all the other trons is not immune to forced movement effects such as knockbacks. If you have a problem with him being uninterruptable and standing in a puddle, you could always have your Balance Druid use Typhoon to knock them out, at which point you could probably ignore even having the rogue stay on him for interrupts. I was a bit surprised the first time I used Typhoon to knock him out of a puddle. Nothing else in this encounter can be knocked back (slimes or any of the other trons). Also the knockback from Typhoon is basically the perfect distance to move him to get him exactly out of the puddle and even the melee DPS can stand in it and use it.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 03-22-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: emphasis on little known fact

So this may be a dumb question, but as a tank, do u stop all autoattacking when the shields are up? Obviously when arcanotron is up you have to interrupt the annihilator, but other than that should I be attacking at all?

Quote Originally Posted by barneystinsn View Post
    So this may be a dumb question, but as a tank, do u stop all autoattacking when the shields are up? Obviously when arcanotron is up you have to interrupt the annihilator, but other than that should I be attacking at all?
    You should stop attacking "while the shield is active". The shield itself only lasts for about 6-10 seconds (the buff Arcanotron gains from his shield has a 30 second duration, so the stacks last beyond the shield itself).

Magmatron's shield breaks from damage and causes damage. Because there could be DoTs left on the boss, everyone, including the tank, should avoid direct attacks while the shield is active to avoid breaking it.

Toxitron stacks a poison debuff which someone has to cleanse off of you. While it is trivial in comparison to other shields, wasting your healer's mana cleansing something they shouldn't have to is ill advised.

Electron does AoE damage to you and everyone around you if you hit him while his shield is up. This will start killing non-tanks at 2 hits and tanks at 3 hits. Since it's AoE damage your screwing up in this context also hurts your fellow raiders.

Acranotron shield allows the buff to be stacked which needs to be dispelled or stolen. Unnecessary attacks on him means you have to dispell more, again something unnecessary if you simply stop attacking him while the shield is active.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 04-01-2011 at 08:40 AM.

nvm
    Last edited by Hehulk; 04-01-2011 at 11:58 AM.

When he drops below 50 we had a tank and rogue stay on him but his cast time seems to be 0.5 secs?????
    It's 1.5s. One tank can get every 2nd one, two interrupts should be enough to get them all. Use a slow if the 1.5s cast time is too fast for your tanks.

FYI If you are the target of "aquiring target" and you have a invis ability use it then and you will take 0 damage and make your healers very happy

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    You should stop attacking "while the shield is active". The shield itself only lasts for about 6-10 seconds (the buff Arcanotron gains from his shield has a 30 second duration, so the stacks last beyond the shield itself).

Magmatron's shield breaks from damage and causes damage. Because there could be DoTs left on the boss, everyone, including the tank, should avoid direct attacks while the shield is active to avoid breaking it.

Toxitron stacks a poison debuff which someone has to cleanse off of you. While it is trivial in comparison to other shields, wasting your healer's mana cleansing something they shouldn't have to is ill advised.

Electron does AoE damage to you and everyone around you if you hit him while his shield is up. This will start killing non-tanks at 2 hits and tanks at 3 hits. Since it's AoE damage your screwing up in this context also hurts your fellow raiders.

Acranotron shield allows the buff to be stacked which needs to be dispelled or stolen. Unnecessary attacks on him means you have to dispell more, again something unnecessary if you simply stop attacking him while the shield is active.
    Thanks for the info this is utterly lost in the video and description. Watching the video and reading the description made it appear as though the two which are active; one is vulnerable and one is shielded the entire time. So not the case then.

How often do they cast their shield while they are active once, twice or several times before they become inactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Amandarah View Post
    Thanks for the info this is utterly lost in the video and description. Watching the video and reading the description made it appear as though the two which are active; one is vulnerable and one is shielded the entire time. So not the case then.

How often do they cast their shield while they are active once, twice or several times before they become inactive?
    The next one becomes active at about 55% energy. At 50% energy the shield is cast. They only cast it once per time they are active. Most DPS will simply switch to the new target as soon as it spawns unless they have some particular assignment which requires them to stay on the same target, i.e. interrupting Arcanotron. DPS that knows what they are doing will often multi-DoT and be applying damage to both active trons at the same time so long as they avoid attacking while the shield is actually active (switch to the new one when it spawns, once the shield on the prior is down DPS both until the next spawns).

+ Reply to Thread