+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Omnitron Defense System

Quote Originally Posted by Odok View Post
    You can snare them.

EDIT: And lava parasites are already pretty damn slow, at least on 10.
    Hmm ours were a lot fast than e.g. the slimes from the professor in ICC. We haven't used the new id yet, maybe somethings different ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordguard View Post
    Is "Arcane Annihilator" (or any other interruptible spell for that matter?) in this encounter reflectable to anyone's knowledge?
    Yes, Warrior's Spell Reflect works for Arcane Annihilator.

Quote Originally Posted by Samit View Post
    Yes, Warrior's Spell Reflect works for Arcane Annihilator.
    I figured it would be. Unfortunately, it seems that it is not (never?) targeted at the current tank (maybe the second highest threat?) so reflecting it in practice would be nearly impossible depending on its target selection.

I figured it would be. Unfortunately, it seems that it is not (never?) targeted at the current tank (maybe the second highest threat?) so reflecting it in practice would be nearly impossible depending on its target selection.
    Wouldn't casting Intervene prior to Spell Reflect work?
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Intervene only protects against melee/ranged attacks. Not spells unfortunately. Taking Safeguard would be the closest thing you can get to a Magic Intervene

Electrical Discharge
    Instant. Unlimited Range. Short Frequency.
    Inflicts [Unconfirmed] 29250 to 30750 Nature damage to up to 3 enemies within 8 yards. Damage is increased by 20% between each jump.
    You'll call it chain lightning. Another spread out mechanic. It appears to only target ranged. Simply stay spread 8 yards apart to minimize damage.

In the video I noticed that Electron used this ability on melee targets that were attacking a different construct so anyone not near Electron during this ability will be considered "ranged". If anyone can further confirm or deny this please let me know. Also you can control which construct will appear first by running out and reseting the instance until you have your preferred starting construct.
    Last edited by Lorroth; 01-09-2011 at 09:38 PM.

It can target the Arc tank. What I do when I'm on Arc after the swap is just hit SR on CD and hope for the best (before the swap, most get interrupted anyway). The only other thing I need rage for is an interrupt. Seems to catch a few here and there, but it is hardly something I count on.

Quote Originally Posted by Samit View Post
    It can target the Arc tank. What I do when I'm on Arc after the swap is just hit SR on CD and hope for the best (before the swap, most get interrupted anyway). The only other thing I need rage for is an interrupt. Seems to catch a few here and there, but it is hardly something I count on.
    Yeah as I said the target seems random. Our group with the exception of the tanks(me and a dk) fail at interrupting and with the 10 second cd I wanted a backup to nullify the damage.

i enjoyed this video the way u explained at the start of video made it easier for me to explain to fellow guildies and frineds

Is there any idea how a warlock should work on this fight? currently I have to stop dpsing every 60% (affli lock) so my dots wont hit the shield.

I usually refresh all my dots at 70-65% then stop all dpsing (including pet) and just wait for the next one to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumikor View Post
    Is there any idea how a warlock should work on this fight? currently I have to stop dpsing every 60% (affli lock) so my dots wont hit the shield.

I usually refresh all my dots at 70-65% then stop all dpsing (including pet) and just wait for the next one to come.
    I would suggest unglyphing soul swap (if it is glyphed) for this fight, then you can pull your dots off and do a quick target switch.

Arcanatron

hey so my guild and i have been wiping because of arcanatron and its all to his arcane annihilator. we have a warrior dps rouge and a warrior tank on him to interrupt his arcana annihilator but it doesnt seem to work. is there a time when were suppose to interrupt it and times when we dont need to. Cause we dont seem to be able to down it :/ also it seems like a waste to constantly have two dps and a tank on him for interrupt instead of having them dps the other construct.

Quote Originally Posted by mrspikey626 View Post
    hey so my guild and i have been wiping because of arcanatron and its all to his arcane annihilator. we have a warrior dps rouge and a warrior tank on him to interrupt his arcana annihilator but it doesnt seem to work. is there a time when were suppose to interrupt it and times when we dont need to. Cause we dont seem to be able to down it :/ also it seems like a waste to constantly have two dps and a tank on him for interrupt instead of having them dps the other construct.
    The most important ones to interrupt are when he is standing in his power up pool. When it is time to switch adds we only have the tank interrupt.

great video thanks!

HI, is the a number requirement in 10 man for the slims not to target the melee? we had 3 melee 1 tank on tox and found a lot of the time melee was being targeted by tox's adds.

Quote Originally Posted by mrspikey626 View Post
    From what i've seen and witnessed, letting arcane annihilator casts through can easily lead into deaths. What we did, on our kills was have interrupts on him everytime Arcanotron was up. There isn't really "that" much wasted dps since they have a shared healthpool. And most often you are able to have the interrupters in the pools while doing so.

The "doesnt seem to work" sounds somewhat odd to me though, what's difficult about it, one starts interrupts, next interrupt for the other and you repeat it untill golem goes inactive. It's pretty basic stuff that you have to able to do on other encounters as well.

As a rule of thumb, it's an endurance fight, not a dps race. Aslong as people avoid unnecessary damage, kill blobs, run away with naturedebuff/flamethrower. It's rather simple.
    Last edited by iots; 01-18-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iots View Post
    From what i've seen and witnessed, letting arcane annihilator casts through can easily lead into deaths. What we did, on our kills was have interrupts on him everytime Arcanotron was up. There isn't really "that" much wasted dps since they have a shared healthpool. And most often you are able to have the interrupters in the pools while doing so.
    Your two interrupt guys should always stay on Arcanotron, except for when the shield is up (at least on normal mode). Having a focus windshear/counterspell/spelllock macro for those 10s every now and then is greatly beneficial.

A couple tips I have for starting groups on Omnitron to prevent them from taking some of the more interesting avoidable damage spikes...

- If Arcanotron and Electron line up at any given moment, it can be a good idea for the DPS to spread out if they were in a pool, and relinquish that spot for the healers. Since the pool provides a good amount of regen, this ensures the Chain Lightnings aren't hitting a larger DPS ball in the pool, and also won't hurt the healers too much, as at least one of them can likely drop an AoE heal or two in the pool while they regenerate.

- If Magmatron is out and about to fire his Flamethrower blast, thinking outside the box and getting out of the raid faster can help save you a lot of damage. Rogues can Sprint, Druids can Dash in kittyform or use their new movement-speed Roar... there's quite a few options. My raid's favorite has been the consistent use of the Holy Priest's 'Body and Soul' talent. Combines the beauty of the preventive damage bubble, with an effective minor turbo button.

- Have a caller watching the energy bar of the most recent Tron to come out. Call for a cease of DPS on that bot when it hits 55 Energy. This will help prevent a -LOT- of potential damage in early raid attempts, as you'll get less damage on Barrier, less stacks from Poison-soaked Shell, and less-to-no hits on Electromagnetic Shield and Arcanotron's reversal bubble.

- As has been noted in this thread earlier, ranged interrupters should all try to stay on Arcanotron, or else have a focus macro ready, to interrupt his Annihilators while his shield's up, so as to prevent him getting stacks.

About the only completely non-avoidable raid damage taken should be from Magmatron's AoE flamethrower spread. You can keep Chain Lightnings from spreading, you can easily prevent damage from shields, and only one person should ever be taking guff from Magmatron's flamethrowers.

Our guild now have Omnotron Defense System on Farm, able to one-shot him now when we walk into Blackwing Descent. I just want to give some hints and tips on how to effectively deal with each golem and how we dealt with various mechanics.

1.) Magmatron's Acquiring Target - doesn't just hit the target, but behind it. It can be hard to tell if your in the path of the flamethrower sometimes if your behind someone. A good practice to get into is if you are targetted, to run out of the raid, allowing people to use the beam to decide if they're in the path or not. We had Melee simply reposition themselves so that no one else was behind them.

2.) Electron - we stayed spread out during the entire time that Electron was active, this ensured that his chain lightning doesn't hit multiple people and to minimize the need to move when afflicted by his debuff. If a melee got it, we had the other melee and tank adjust their positioning so they out-ranged the debuff.

3.) Toxitron's Posion Protocol - we had someone (me, -rolls eyes-) call out the boss mods telling us who was "fixate"'d, and had them run away from the slimes whilst everyone else DPS'd them down. We ran in the same direction (towards the door) whilst everyone vacated that path, this was so we could AoE aswell as Single-target nuke.

4.) Arcanotron's Arcane Anniliator - we had myself (I'm a DK DPS) and the tank calling out on Ventrilo whos turn it was to interupt, and together we handled every single interupt when Arcanotron was the vulnerable golem. If Arcanotron wasn't vulnerable but was active, we had the tank interupt with our Mage (who would also Spellsteal his buff), who had Arcanotron on Focus.

Luckily, those "hints and tips" work no matter which 2 Golems are active, as none of the bosses punish you for being spread out (for Electron).
    Last edited by Charonites; 01-24-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charonites View Post

4.) Arcanotron's Arcane Anniliator - we had myself (I'm a DK DPS) and the tank calling out on Ventrilo whos turn it was to interupt, and together we handled every single interupt when Arcanotron was the vulnerable golem. If Arcanotron wasn't vulnerable but was active, we had the tank interupt with our Mage (who would also Spellsteal his buff), who had Arcanotron on Focus.

Luckily, those "hints and tips" work no matter which 2 Golems are active, as none of the bosses punish you for being spread out (for Electron).
    Focus macro is the key, shaman can interrupt every 6 seconds (thats half of the interrupts) and keep smashing the 'active' tron while interrupting Arcano, provided the tank keeps them in 20yrd range . We use the 'call on vent' method but there are addons as well that can announce the interrupts if you have a more complicated make up.

+ Reply to Thread