+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TankSpot's Guide to Argaloth

TankSpot's Guide to Argaloth

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    What's up everybody, Lore here from TankSpot with a quick guide to the Argaloth encounter in Baradin Hold, the instance you get access to for winning the Tol Barad PVP battle.

Argaloth is a pretty simple encounter, which is to be expected. Now any Sunwell veterans out there should pretty much immediately recognize that Argaloth looks an awful lot like Brutallus, and his appearance is not the only similarity. His main ability is a Meteor Slash that's very similar to what Brutallus did way back in the Burning Crusade - it hits everyone in a cone in front of him, and splits the damage between everyone it hits. It also debuffs everyone to increase Fire damage taken by 100%, which essentially means the second Meteor Slash hits twice as hard. So, the proper way to deal with it is to split the raid into two roughly equal groups. Each group should stand near their tank to make sure they get hit by the Meteor Slash. As soon as one group gets hit, the other group's tank should taunt so that the Fire damage debuff can fall off. This makes a simple back and forth rotation between the two groups. Get hit by Meteor Slash, the other tank taunts, your group gets topped off, and as soon as the other group gets hit, your tank taunts and you repeat the process.

While that's going on there will also be a fairly dangerous Damage over Time effect being applied to the raid. This needs to be dispelled as quickly as possible to not only stop the damage from going out, but also give you time to top off your group inbetween Meteor Slashes. We found Mass Dispel to be a huge help here, and our priests actually chose to glyph for it to help out a little more.

Now, every third of his health (so at 66% and 33%), he'll begin to channel something called Fel Firestorm. When this happens, everyone needs to spread out immediately. He starts throwing a whole bunch of fireballs out at everyone which do a little bit of damage when they land but also leave a patch of fire on the ground. The fire lasts until the Firestorm phase ends, so everyone needs to be careful not to box themselves in with nowhere to go. It's also important to make sure that, even though you do need to spread out, you don't go too far and end up out of range of your healers, because you are taking damage. That said, once you get an idea of how it works, it's really not that hard to deal with. As soon as he's done channeling Fel Firestorm, the fires should disappear, and your two groups can just fall back into position. One thing to note is that there does appear to be a little bit of a glitch and sometimes not all of the fire disappears, but it's not a big deal; you can just work around it.

The last little trick Argaloth picked up from Brutallus is his Enrage timer - you've got 5 minutes from the pull until he goes berserk and just starts killing everybody. We were able to take him down with a bunch of pretty fresh 85's and a handful of Heroic dungeon gear, but we... cut it pretty close.

Thank you very much for watching this video! Keep an eye on Tankspot.com for even more encounter guides coming very soon, as well as more information on Argaloth or any other boss. My name is Lore, and I'll catch you guys later.

Nice, thanks for getting these guides up quickly
    ~Is new.

Which bossmods are that? Doesn't look like something I've seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Covn View Post
    Which bossmods are that? Doesn't look like something I've seen before.
    I would appreciate knowing which Boss Mod that is, as well. I would certainly consider testing it out.

He seems pretty easy. However, I don't get why the trash to get to him hits me for about 160k and I die, just before they do. How can I avoid that?

Quote Originally Posted by Phunktacular View Post
    He seems pretty easy. However, I don't get why the trash to get to him hits me for about 160k and I die, just before they do. How can I avoid that?
    The trash does two things.
    1. Demon Repellent Ray is a cone attack in front of them is split between all targets (does this sound familar, often times trash has similar mechanics to the bosses that follow). You resolve this by stacking.
    2. Arcane Amplifier is a debuff applied to the tank (and only the tank) which increases the damage they take. Generally speaking however they can be killed before a second cast of their split damage attack so a single tank can generally tank it all the way until it's death. However if you feel the need you can swap tanks and have the tank with the debuff stand behind the boss. Only the person with the debuff does not want to be hit by the split damage attack. If DPS isn't able to kill them before the second Demon Repellent Ray though that's not a very good sign for DPS on the boss.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Phunktacular View Post
    They have an ability that splits 250,000(10 man) or 500,000(25 man) arcane damage between everyone in front of them and also occasionally apply a debuff to the current tank that multiples your arcane damage taken by five.

So either you're not facing them towards the group to split the mass damage, or you need to have your other tank taunt when you get the debuff and move behind him to avoid the arcane damage.
    King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

man plz list addons u use..

+ Reply to Thread