Thread: Heroic BRC | Beauty Help

Heroic BRC | Beauty Help

My guild has been having some problems on this boss the last few days. The group we have been taking was 2 Paladins (Ret, Prot), 1 Mage, 1 Warlock and 1 Priest. We tried several strategies but our general tactic was to CC two of the pups (one fear, one sheep) and have the tank hold Beauty and the 3rd pup. We'd pop Time-Warp at the start and try to burn the first puppy while reapplying CC so we could get just the boss.

The problem that we kept having was that the damage incoming to the tank during that first phase was very high, and it was extremely difficult for the priest to keep up, especially since the tank was moving around to avoid the lava pools and occasionally getting feared.

Kiting the puppy worked for a little bit, but we still ended up with the group to far spread out to be healed effectively. What can we do differently?

Try this. Clear the Trash pack and Raging Elementals in front of Beuty's cave. (So there is only one more pack to the last boss).

CC the left and Right adds and pull Spot and Beauty to the entrance of her cave, near the barricades. Everyone else will be in the hallway. The Tank just has to move from wall to wall to avoid the lava pool and won't get out of range of the healer. Just have the tank pop a cooldown if he needs to in the beginning to get spot down.

I have done this as a Death Knight tank multiple times my group comp usually has a shaman/druid/lock and me + a pug or whoever. My druid can solo CC two of the adds and Shaman can Hex one of the adds if the druids cc breaks. I have picked a random pup to kill first almost every time and haven't had an issue. I like to go to the back left of the room, it's away from runty and usually even if I eat a full fear I am not getting close. This fight there is a lot of damage and the add does take a minute to kill, just try and stick it out and make sure your CC is good to go. We CC right where they stand when we walk in and I take the first pup and Beauty to the back. I usually do have to get out of that corner and around the room a little before he dies, but just watch cleaves around CC.

Just make sure your CC is pro and that the group is not taking damage they can avoid and use cooldowns smart. My boomkin usually can throw a couple clutch heals if it gets bad.
    Last edited by Krippy; 12-13-2010 at 11:27 AM.

We two healed it and it became pretty trivial.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

how we did it:

1. CC left and right adds at the spot whenre they stand
    2. pull middle add and boss away from the CC'ed ones (twords entrance)
    3. Focus fire the middle add, kill it. Tonk kites it to avoid crap on floor/uses minor CD
    4. maintain CC on the 2 adds
    5. Kill boss, tank Boss near the entrance, tank's back to the wall (crouch vision ftl!)

First time we tried to pull adds 1 by 1 as we did on normal mode. This didn't work and we wiped, since they are linked together and with the boss and we weren't prepared for the pull.
    Second time we used the above strategy and 1 shot it.

Heroic BRC | Beauty Help

We just killed they other boss first killed all the trash packs and kited the boss all the way while the adds where cc-d.

Classes that can ccj just had to watch the adds when they came runnibg towards them to try to cc them again or let the tank grab aggro.

But by the time they come back the boss was already halfway death .

We somehow managed to do it with only 1 CC but it would probably be impossible without cc.
    We had our druid healer Hibernate and root the two adds on the sides (he was still healing) then we took down the front middle one.

Maybe it was just our heals but we managed to finish her even though one of our dps bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowmow924 View Post
    We somehow managed to do it with only 1 CC but it would probably be impossible without cc.
    We had our druid healer Hibernate and root the two adds on the sides (he was still healing) then we took down the front middle one.

Maybe it was just our heals but we managed to finish her even though one of our dps bugged.
    Impossible you say...
    Here is what I say to that...

There is no berserk timer. If you can't reduce the damage from controling the adds then that leaves one viable alternative... find a means to deal with the damage. Multiple tanks and multiple healers. Go go dual specs.

Welcome to the world outside of the box. It might be a little bright, but you'll adjust.

I'm the guy that likes to use 0 healers or 2 tanks or 2 healers on some fights. When the conventional means aren't working... adapt.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Impossible you say...
    Here is what I say to that...

There is no berserk timer. If you can't reduce the damage from controling the adds then that leaves one viable alternative... find a means to deal with the damage. Multiple tanks and multiple healers. Go go dual specs.

Welcome to the world outside of the box. It might be a little bright, but you'll adjust.

I'm the guy that likes to use 0 healers or 2 tanks or 2 healers on some fights. When the conventional means aren't working... adapt.
    Yeah as I said, we didn't have CC so we 2 healed it and the fight was trivial.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

It helps tremendously to clear the trash outside the room so you can pull Beauty back and give yourself a lot more room to work. This helps with the CC quite a bit in my opinion.

It becomes easy mode if you have 3 classes that can CC (3 mages being the best I believe) or 2 healing it. What worked for us in a pug was to CC 2 (we lacked an extra CC) and popped TW on spot and just dps the boss down..Also, the tank took Beauty to the hallway outside and just kited her up and down, it became easy that say and easier to keep the CC pups in check

Quote Originally Posted by Impurse View Post
    It becomes easy mode if you have 3 classes that can CC (3 mages being the best I believe) or 2 healing it. What worked for us in a pug was to CC 2 (we lacked an extra CC) and popped TW on spot and just dps the boss down..Also, the tank took Beauty to the hallway outside and just kited her up and down, it became easy that say and easier to keep the CC pups in check
    Why would 3 Mages be the best? You know a Druid can CC two alone with Entangling Roots and Hibernate. And if you used Nature's Grasp and were someone who could reliably hold aggro on the third target of them while it was CCed (i.e. the healer) you could even CC all three of them. Though speaking from experience when the Mage failed to renew his CC and I was forced to CC all three myself, because naturally the sheep was aggroed on the healer, it isn't something I'd generally choose to do.

In the world of CC.. two tends to be greater than one.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Why would 3 Mages be the best? You know a Druid can CC two alone with Entangling Roots and Hibernate. And if you used Nature's Grasp and were someone who could reliably hold aggro on the third target of them while it was CCed (i.e. the healer) you could even CC all three of them. Though speaking from experience when the Mage failed to renew his CC and I was forced to CC all three myself, because naturally the sheep was aggroed on the healer, it isn't something I'd generally choose to do.

In the world of CC.. two tends to be greater than one.
    yea, I completely forgot about the druid's CC abilities and I also completely forgot that you could hibernate one of them since they're beasts..It really comes down do keeping those CCs up..I figured that keeping sheep up is so easy, not sure why some people would struggle....I would just have a focus frame for my sheep target, that way I can keep track of it..There are also a lot of addons that help with this