+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Basic goals

Basic goals

Okay so I am trying to make heads or tails of all the new stuff coming out. I am leveling currently and working on my smithing for gear. I am wondering if someone can give me the basic stats I need to work for in order to tank:

Dodge
    Parry
    Hit
    Expertise (still 26?)
    Mastery

I know this is pretty basic but I know it has changed some since I have been off (Been several months since I played so I still have the gear for defense cap and such)

Thanks a ton!

Drub

For expertise, yeah still 26 for the soft cap. Hit is still 8%.

For the others, it's a "the more the better" situation. The cross over point for damage reduction per point of avoidance vs mastery for warriors is i think about 1515 rating. So in an ideal bunnies and rainbows world you would want 1515 dodge, 1515 parry and then everything else dumped/reforged into mastery unless you find yourself pushing 77.4 avoidance... Once shield block starts being pushed into critical block the value of mastery plumits making avoidance look better again. Eventually though, the dr on avoidance will catch up with the weakened mastery value...

I currently have 1745 dodge rating and I am not at the expertise or hit cap. Should I reforge some of my gear to have more hit/exp instead of dodge?
    Last edited by charger87; 12-13-2010 at 10:21 PM.
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete. Drawn only to be washed away

Unless you are relied upon for interrupts hit is arguably not very important as they made taunts unable to be resisted now. (possible bug)

I wouldnt reforge any survivability into threat unless you start having threat issues. Right now it seems like I have no threat issues on my paladin even being way under both hit and exp caps... Survivability is another story.

What is a good spot to look at for what amount of Dodge to shoot for...I know yes..more is better.
    But I just hit 85 and I am pretty squishy.
    Where is a good 85 random dungeon gearing guide , I am not even good enough for heroics yet.

I'm in the same boat, I'm 10 points shy on my item level. I feel like I'm stuck in limbo. I don't have tons of gold so iy looks like my only choice is to grind for rep to bridge the gap to heroics.

A lot of your regular > heroic gearing will come from the rep grinds. Best tip I can give for plate tanks, (war,pally, dk) is hit Halls of Origination Regular ... ALOT! With every boss having a tank dropand 7 boss per run its a one stop shop. Plus you'll be earning your rep with tabards as its a level 85. With a decent experience group your looking at 45 min clears.

Also I would suggest completing all the new zones quests. There are a considerably amount of tank rewards that can fill in the gaps. I was able to get to ilvl 329 from just questing with only one trinket drop from a 5 man.

+ Reply to Thread