+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

Or reforge Haste to Mastery with 4.0.6 hitting tommorow for us and wednesday for eu

Quote Originally Posted by Baba View Post
    So should I reforge haste into hit (when haste/hit are the only options)?
    e.g. I am expertise capped, I have 1119 haste, 18.92% hit (with talents). I have an item with crit and haste. Should I reforge the haste into hit?
    since there are no longer 3 stats per item on plate, you would have a choice of reforging haste into mastery if the item doesn't already have mastery or haste into crit if it doesn't have crit but has mastery.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Has anyone done extensive testing regarding what sort of hit we should be aiming for come the new patch? Or, are we going with "Until you feel you have enough rage generation"?

Quote Originally Posted by balane View Post
    Today you would reforge the haste on your example item into Hit.

From Tuesday morning forward you'll be reforging that haste into Mastery.
    Is the small mastery buff really good enough to transform it from such a crappy fury stat to a high-priority one?

Also, I realize the lower priority on HS, but what I am not reading here is the importance of white melee to our dps. Straight melee autoattacks is always my no.1 damage. I am also not sure how this fundamentally affects our rotation--after 4.0.6, our top dps priority is making sure to hit CS, BT, RB, Slam-proc everytime they're up, but this isn't really different than now (especially because now, pre-4.0.6, wimpy slam procs don't interfere with HS). What I'm saying is, isn't our best possible dps still basically being able to hit everything including HS on cooldown? Which is what I'm trying to do pre-4.0.6.

The biggest reason why mastery is going to be good now, which a lot of people aren't thinking about is the fact that war academy is going to affect RB.

because the effects are multiplicative, the new mastery (for RB) is essentially 1.15(0.057*mastery)*1.2 *weapon damage or 0.07866*mastery, which is significant.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Is RB always affected by mastery? I guess I am missing a full picture of fury mastery. I thought it just buffed the deathwish % and the enrage % (and the enraged regen %). A lot of my RB's are activated by berserker rage, which I didn't think benefited from mastery in any way. So mastery affects RB % directly (e.g. RB mastery buff + enrage mastery buff?)?

Is RB always affected by mastery? I guess I am missing a full picture of fury mastery. I thought it just buffed the deathwish % and the enrage % (and the enraged regen %). A lot of my RB's are activated by berserker rage, which I didn't think benefited from mastery in any way. So mastery affects RB % directly (e.g. RB mastery buff + enrage mastery buff?)?
    Yes, always. Check the tooltip in-game, it is 110% base (currently) but will steadily rise as your mastery increases. With 12 mastery, for instance, it hits for just shy of 175%.

Fury mastery affects every abilities that provides enragement or requires being enraged. I always forget one but these are:

Death Wish
    Recklessness
    Beserker Rage
    Raging Blows
    Enraged Regeneration

I think I'm forgetting one.

Recklessness is the one I don't understand how it is an enrage, but testing it, with RB not available, hitting Recklessness brings it up as active (meaning when I tried it, it enraged me).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post

I think I'm forgetting one.

Recklessness is the one I don't understand how it is an enrage, but testing it, with RB not available, hitting Recklessness brings it up as active (meaning when I tried it, it enraged me).
    you forgot enrage.

also, with the way that recklessness works currently, it doesn't benefit from mastery because it already give 100% chance to crit, and mastery would just increase the chance to crit past that point. The real question is whether mastery is affecting recklessness after the patch like one would be lead to believe it should. this is easily testable if the PTR's are still available. If it does benefit from mastery then the new recklessness is going to be even more amazing.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

wimpy slam procs don't interfere with HS
    -Baba

Whats somewhat not true about this until tomorrow is that many warriors are not using slam at all and making HS the top priority. After Tues the idea becomes to use HS as a rage dump like originally intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    you forgot enrage.

also, with the way that recklessness works currently, it doesn't benefit from mastery because it already give 100% chance to crit, and mastery would just increase the chance to crit past that point. The real question is whether mastery is affecting recklessness after the patch like one would be lead to believe it should. this is easily testable if the PTR's are still available. If it does benefit from mastery then the new recklessness is going to be even more amazing.
    Damn passive talents! LOL - No button, so I keep forgetting it. Thanks

I can't agree with you more on Recklessness - I loved the change, but if the chance is actually going to be .5 * [1+(X * .057)], where X = mastery, for the chance of increased crit.... Oh boy!
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Bung View Post
    -Baba

Whats somewhat not true about this until tomorrow is that many warriors are not using slam at all and making HS the top priority. After Tues the idea becomes to use HS as a rage dump like originally intended.
    I don't see why even pre-4.0.6 you wouldn't use slam, because it costs 0 rage. So it doesn't interact with HS at all with HS being off GCD. It did get less priority than BT, RB.

How does mastery affect berserker rage? Gives your more rage from damage taken?

BTW, will the new recklessness effect ALL attacks during the 12s, or just yellow attacks? Nice either way, but definitely rocking if it's the former, brings it back to the glory days of vanilla recklessness (but with 3 min cooldown!)

I don't see why even pre-4.0.6 you wouldn't use slam, because it costs 0 rage. So it doesn't interact with HS at all with HS being off GCD. It did get less priority than BT, RB.

How does mastery affect berserker rage? Gives your more rage from damage taken?
    Its special attacks for recklessness

and mastery increases the rage you gain from the glyph last i checked. albeit a very small amount.

also to TGM. after the patch. will SMF pass TG?

Someone posted a link to the EU Forums and said it was landsoul (but the name didn't match... so I dunno) who said that TG is still > SMF, but by like .4% or something like that, something really measly.

Yes landsouls preliminary spreadsheet was suggesting that TG was ahead of SMF only by a hair, but for 9/10 people all it means is that go with what ever spec you have the best itemization for (read: Weapons)

I had to go SMF, I got both Lava Spine and Claws of Agony, but after a few rounds with Magmaw, and a ton of time sinked into Arch no luck with any 2hs.

Speaking of which, how will itemization and rotation change from TG to SMF? I feel like the differnces are negligent but enough to warrent some attention. Any ideas here?

Speaking of which, how will itemization and rotation change from TG to SMF? I feel like the differnces are negligent but enough to warrent some attention. Any ideas here?
    Great question. I have to assume that the research on this isn't complete yet. From what I have read the rotations will be similar if not exactly the same unlike prior to the patch. What I'm curious about is if the incite spec is better for SMF after the patch. Deep wounds spec seems like an obvious choice for TG post patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bung View Post
    Great question. I have to assume that the research on this isn't complete yet. From what I have read the rotations will be similar if not exactly the same unlike prior to the patch. What I'm curious about is if the incite spec is better for SMF after the patch. Deep wounds spec seems like an obvious choice for TG post patch.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...67312?page=1#3

Where you will find the following 4.0.6 info based on simcraft-calculations:

Spec: 8/31/2 for both.

Rotation:
    BT_BT_BT_BT

SMF fill-in: CS > Slam > RB > Battle Shout
    TG fill-in: CS > RB > Slam > Battle shout

Only use execute to maintain executioner, as a extreme rage dump (>85) or as a filler during colossus smash if you don't have slam/RB ready.

Only use heroic strike if the following applies:
    Rage > 85 and you're not in execute phase.
    Colossus smash and rage > 50
    Incite proc (Save for Colossus smash if possible.)
    Battle trance proc
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Erkebrand/advanced

No execute spam? That will be totally lame if CS/execute spam isn't the best dps option <20%. I was so happy to have execute back after 2 expansions spent wandering the wilderness.

cycling RB's during the execute phase to keep your 4pc buff running is a good thing. also that's guide's suggestion for waiting til 85 rage to use HS is a bit over kill, at 75 rage it will take you at least 2/3 GCD's to hit 0 rage, and at least 3 melee swings to hit 100.

+ Reply to Thread