+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

loganisis, the two tests was almost same time (like 6,7 seconds less or more), like u said all melee wings was the same and even in the mastery build i got more rage to spend than hit. As Blood Elf i use arcane torrent 2 times but it gives me 30 rage and a ibt i used in the two tests. Maybe not but mastery may increase enrage activation?

one thing i missed to tell in high mastery build i didint downgraded hit, just crit. In Crit build i bot 5-6 points of mastery and almost 23% crit chant with aura and shout, 30% with trinket activation. In the mastery build i lose 2-2,5% of crit, but no loss on hit.
    maybe decreasing CRIT, and getting more of mastery could not be a upgrade on dps because of Enragen, RG and Death Wish??

Im not sure about the nubers but was something like that
    Enrage 13%dmg on crit build to 15-16% on mastery build
    Raging Blow 150-160% Weapon Dmg (on CRIT build) to 180-190%
    Death Wish 23% Physical dmg to 30%

As u said about flurry,i think it would be more effective if enrage is activatade (with hight mastery).

I would like run more test but right now i havent got much time and gold to spend on reforges :/

I apologize my orthography errors, cause english is not my language.
    Last edited by GasalZera; 09-25-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Because the DIM for enrage is so small, mastery's effect on it is proportionally small. Per point of mastery (point, not rating), the DIM from enrage increases by only 0.56%, so while sure flurry might be more effective with enrage up, the increase in damage you get from more mastery isn't going to be more than what you could have with crit.

Baring extraneous circumstances such as goofy fight durations and a lot of RNG luck, Crit is going to result in the a higher overall DPS increase than mastery will. The SEP values aren't even close to each other (distance of ~0.1500).

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Anybody tested on PTR yet?
    Got a feeling i am rage starving at times.
    Though could be due to the blizz ui which i really hate.

Well do you just hit HS to often or not at all? If you rage starve without a medium to high HS usage then there's only one source of problem left: a high mastery build instead of a crit>hit>haste>mastery prio.

Def did not use HS to much.
    The build is the same as on live, and got no problems there so not sure.
    I am guessing its more a UI issue i am having.
    Since i am not used to how its displaying skills on the Blizz ui.

One question for the author...

Is it no longer "good practice" to spam/stack 5xExecute to get the Executioner buff up as quick as possible?

From my "inspection" of this kill (nr. 1 WOL 25m Heroic Domo) the extreme efficient use of BT(126 of possibe 133 BT's used) over the fight led me to investigate further. It seems to me like theres indications that might be better to weave them into a BT rotation? Or is this just the case on H-Domo with the concentration buff messing with priorities?

I extracted the start of execute-phase from the mentioned kill as "evidence"

[21:28:33.203] Daveclap casts Execute on Majordomo Staghelm (1st execute)
    [21:28:34.925] Daveclap casts Bloodthirst on Majordomo Staghelm
    [21:28:36.488] Daveclap casts Execute on Majordomo Staghelm (2nd execute)
    [21:28:38.828] Daveclap casts Bloodthirst on Majordomo Staghelm
    [21:28:39.791] Daveclap casts Raging Blow on Majordomo Staghelm
    [21:28:41.361] Daveclap casts Bloodthirst on Majordomo Staghelm
    [21:28:44.025] Daveclap casts Execute on Majordomo Staghelm (3rd execute)
    [21:28:44.542] Daveclap casts Inner Rage
    [21:28:45.609] Daveclap casts Bloodthirst on Majordomo Staghelm
    [21:28:47.628] Daveclap casts Execute on Majordomo Staghelm (4th execute)
    [21:28:49.120] Daveclap casts Battle Shout
    [21:28:50.161] Daveclap casts Cleave on Majordomo Staghelm
    [21:28:50.676] Daveclap casts Execute on Majordomo Staghelm (5th execute)

Thx in advance
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 11-07-2011 at 05:25 AM.

stacking executioner, and using execute in general, is determined by rage income. the more rage you are gaining, the more you can execute. while in a perfect world you would get to simply spam execute,because you will rarely be making that much rage, and because it has a very low DPR, it's more efficient to use it in between BT's whenever you can't ensure rotation continuation for the next few GCD's. What I mean by this is, cycle BT/exec until you have a pretty high amount of rage, then burn extra rage by skipping BT's for more executes. on the other end of the spectrum once you have your 5 stack of executioner, if you can't ensure you will have enough rage for the next GCD or two, then use your normal BT/RB/Slam rotation, refreshing executioner as needed.

though one thing to note about that combat log you linked, is that I did the executioner stack phase horribly, unless you are also clipping damage abilities I did to the cats, though it doesn't seem like it. problem 1 was that I used RB, which I probably should have skipped (not a major deal though). the biggest problem is that I did was used my t12 shout, which since you can viably fill the GCD table during the execute phase, and since execute damage is much greater than slam for TG, it's a dps loss to use the shout.
    Last edited by Thegreatme; 11-07-2011 at 07:30 AM.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Excellent, thanks for the quick answer and in depth explanation.

Ok TGM - got a new question about min/maxing the use of T12-Shout and 1/2 BV.

I understand the advantage of having a 9sec duration on the shout buff with 1/2 BV. I also understand the importance of using T12 BS prior to the CS-cycle. So I tried it out and got the BS->CS thing going, but i feel really crippled and starved not being able to ragebank to 80-90 rage, like i always do before pulls in order to be able to go all out on the first CS.

The first few GCD seems to balancing on luck/white attack hits/misses. Any good hints on how you enter combat after pulls and utilize the first few GCDs with only rage from 1BS/1BR?

the only thing I can say is lay off the HS usage. unless you are lusting on the pull or you get a battle trance proc, you probably won't get enough rage to HS during the first CS debuff.

Just to raise support and awareness theres is currently an ongoing debate/investigation on a possible bug(or stealthnerf) with regard to Deepwounds damage, that many report to be much lower than before after patch 4.3.

Visit this thread for more information:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657438283

Blue answering the above....

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7725?page=4#62

Guess its time to spec Arms

Hey TGM. I just stole this quote from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatMe
    With the 2pc, during inner rage you will be able to do 3 HS's for the total cost of 2. this change has pretty massive implications on our itemization too, because because it's going to give incentive to maximizing HS's used, and therefore giving more incentive to hit/haste.
    Just to come to terms with how massive the implications of your calculations got. Did your findings support Landsouls statement that the new post T13-2p statweights should be:

(Hit/Exp softcapped obviously) > Hit >= Crit > Haste > Mastery ?

Thx in advance for all your work.

Went back through and did FL yesterday and i spent the whole night apolagising for my DPS not knowing what the hell was going on and then i read this....ive literally dropped from top DPS in my Raid to bottom :S:S:S:S:S

incoming fury nerfs? or at least buff arms pve dps

simcraft shows fury tg like 4k dps above arms.somehow im wondering if thats right cuz that kinda seems like furys a little to far ahead of arms.i might end up tryin fury tg though if it really is that far ahead of arms but i dont know,when i tried fury before it just seemed like i enjoyed playing arms better

then again maybe they buffed fury or somethin cuz i thought they already had like a 5 percent nerf to fury
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 12-06-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Keep in mind that a BiS-simulation for Fury will always have one advantage at the end: One more weapon with a higher iLevel. The second Sulfuras was basically the difference between Arms and Fury in Firelands BiS-simulations.

But as long as you donīt run with two end-boss weapons for Fury, the difference will be significantly smaller.

I finally have some down time from school, expect a lot of updates in the very near future.

right now my to-do list is as follows:
    • Explain mastery boosting - DONE
    • update the encounter specific tricks section- KINDA SORTA DONE
    • discuss the implications of 2pc T13 -DONE
    • talk about dual wielding gurthilaks- DONE
    • make everything less awful (impossible)
    if there's anything that's not on the list that really should be, let me know.
    Last edited by Thegreatme; 04-01-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Can't wait to see this thread start up again and be more active!

Back in 4.0.6 this guide was my bible to fury dps. Then I stopped playing fury for a long while. After a few months I wanted to check some information so I came back, and it gets even better!

Great guide, a million thanks!

Hi, I'm posting here with regards to my dps:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Matikas/simple

I
    know the items are not properly enchanted yet (running through DS so I'm about to change it), my question is at simulation craft, this set of gear shows 26k dps patchwerk, 24k at light movement, and 14 with heavy movement (all with 10k iterations), how come at live i can't achieve consistency with the given dps that simulationcraft..simulated? I checked my rotations and it was fine. Thank you for answering my question! Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread