+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

so i have read pretty much all this topic and was wondering if im heading the right direction?

thanks for your time....

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ermanus/simple

First off, a spec and glyphs like this will be more beneficial than your current set up http://wowtal.com/#k=BeB4St51.a8t.warrior.RDPZOA

I have one point from Skirmisher in Piercing Howl in mine.

Secondly, you should not be reforging into haste. Reforge into crit or hit where you can. Preferably crit.

If you aren't already, you should Grind Therazine and Wildhammer rep for your shoulder and head enchants.

Enchant your other gear. Seeing that your current gear is low and going to be replaced, you don't need full expensive enchants. You should still put str, crit, and hit where you can, just use cheaper versions of them.

Don't forget to get your extra gem slots once your BS is leveled (belt, wrist, glove).

If you aren't using an addon to track procs like Battle Trance, Executioner, and your trinket, you should try one.

http://www.vranx.com/buffs.htm#trackers

Here's a bunch of options. I use Power Auras, but you should try out a few and find one you like.

Good luck with your progress!

as of now im trying different rotations but cant keep a constant high dps... cant break 10k

My Rotation:

Sunder Armor x3
    CS
    BT
    RB
    HS (when high amount of rage are there)
    Slam

Cleave and Whirlwind when big groups are around

i dont no if its just me but its all over the place 5-9k dps

if you have glyph of colossus smash you only need to sunder twice. other than that the rotation seems fine so either you are having issues sticking to that rotation, or you are having itemization problems.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

meant 2.. but i will check it out further. ty thegreatme

still messing with my stats but i no expertize is over.. got a new item from heroic
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Hermnaus; 08-22-2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: No Pic

or you are having itemization problems.
    You've adjusted your spec, glyph, and stat priority issues. Your rotation sounds good.

Looking at your armory, it seems to me you are now just limited by your gear. A better offhand will give you a pretty immediate boost to dps. Also, you should try to have dps, instead of tank, shoulders,legs and belt as soon as you can manage.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=76269
    is a good cheap helm til you get an H drop to replace it with.

Running instances for JP and VP, grinding rep, and purchasing higher leveled items one piece at a time should get you to numbers you'll like more.
    Last edited by artie; 08-22-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: shoulders

Also get rid of the boar trinket and pick up license to slay.

Hey folks, I need a little help with my warrior. I can't seem to get past 17k dps and everyone tells me I should be near 20-22k. Please take a look and see if you notice any glaring mistakes. I used askmrrobot for my reforging/gemming/enchants.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tryden/simple

My rotation is
    CS
    BT
    RB
    BT
    Slam (when proc)
    HS (rage dump)
    Cleave
    BT

Thanks in advance guys

Ok start with the reforging

Haste -> exp helm
    hit -> exp neck
    mast -> exp shoulders
    haste -> crit back
    hit -> exp chest
    mast -> crit bracers
    haste -> crit main hand
    master -> crit off hand
    exp -> crit ranged
    haste -> crit gloves
    hit -> belt
    mast -> crit legs
    haste -> exp boots
    haste -> hit serrated ring
    haste -> crit band of bees
    hit -> crit license

double 40 str gems in legs

Askmrrobot in my experience has been awful.
    With those reforges you gain 2% crit lose 2% hit which isn't that big of a deal and hit expertise cap.

I hope you're not cleaving in your rotation because cleave is the replacement for hs in multi target situations but outside of that you shouldn't be cleaving.

Also start working towards getting other tier pieces for the bonuses as of the moment you have niether bonus and that is a dps loss no matter how you look at it.
    Last edited by Ragebark; 08-22-2011 at 10:39 PM. Reason: tier bonuses

quick question on fury warrior titans grip build with regards to rotation (i've been gone for 8 months and just came back to the game)

i understand this is the rotation for max dps but why isn't whirlwind in there?
    0.0-Colossus Smash
    1.5-Bloodthirst
    3.0-Raging Blow
    4.5-Bloodthirst
    6.0-Slam
    7.5-Bloodthirst
    9.0-Raging Blow
    10.5-Bloodthirst
    12.0-Slam
    13.5-Bloodthirst
    15.0-Raging Blow
    16.5-Bloodthirst
    18.0-Slam
    19.5-Bloodthirst
    21.0-go to 0.0 (Colossus Smash)

also - how much +hit do we need? I heard it should be somwhere around 27% or something to that effect and do we really need haste all that much?

Defjam the slam is the open GCD, if you have the instant slam proc'd you would use it there but never hard cast slam. You also want to heroic strike over 70 rage. As for hit anything from 8% on up is good. But stat priority would be Str>Hit 8%/exp 26 cap>Crit>Hit>Mastery>Haste. In very late Firelands heroic gear there is talk mastery starts to outscale hit but that isn't a worry to you just yet I'm guessing. Dnr you logged out in pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragebark View Post
    Defjam the slam is the open GCD, if you have the instant slam proc'd you would use it there but never hard cast slam. You also want to heroic strike over 70 rage. As for hit anything from 8% on up is good. But stat priority would be Str>Hit 8%/exp 26 cap>Crit>Hit>Mastery>Haste. In very late Firelands heroic gear there is talk mastery starts to outscale hit but that isn't a worry to you just yet I'm guessing. Dnr you logged out in pvp gear.
    thanks Mr. Ragebark

Quote Originally Posted by Ragebark View Post
    done

What's the correct way to see my dps, recount with dummies without buffs or in a dg or raid with buffs? And how much i should be doing right now with this gear? And what i should reforge? Thx

God fed up now with these stats jumping around.
    I changed from 2xHurricane too 2xlandslide and at the moment it feels like i have destroyd my dps..Again -.-
    Have around 15-16K on dummy dps on normal rotation (Cs,Bt,Rg,slam/Hs,bt and so on).

here is a link too armory. just spit out critcs what too change please =).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kapone/simple

Quote Originally Posted by kapone View Post
    God fed up now with these stats jumping around.
    I changed from 2xHurricane too 2xlandslide and at the moment it feels like i have destroyd my dps..Again -.-
    Have around 15-16K on dummy dps on normal rotation (Cs,Bt,Rg,slam/Hs,bt and so on).

here is a link too armory. just spit out critcs what too change please =).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kapone/simple
    This belongs in it's own help thread. This guide thread is not for character audits.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Kapone you should use strength hybrid gems instead of pure hit or pure crit gor str/hit and str/crit. Make sure you only use HS when over 75 rage....other than that you look fine. Might consider changing victory rush glyph to CS glyph.

I know my post may not be what some people want, but thegreatme and others have taken a lot of time to help all of us.

So could new warriors, please go back through the thread, most if not all of the answers you seek, are on the front page.

I send all the people on my server to this thread, when I was starting it gave me the confidence to make my own choices about Fury Dps.

i would like to know if 1%,2% or 3% of damage is a big impact to a fury warrior. cause i was thinking in get more mastery to pump up enrage,death wish and RB damage.

Quote Originally Posted by GasalZera View Post
    i would like to know if 1%,2% or 3% of damage is a big impact to a fury warrior. cause i was thinking in get more mastery to pump up enrage,death wish and RB damage.
    I think I saw it at EJ, where they looked at a high mastery build for TG (after 8% hit, stack mastery) and it seemed to come out pretty competative. However you have to ask yourself if you have the discipline to stick to your rotation - because forgoing hit for mastery will make rage income more spikey, so you'll need to be more discipline to achieve the output.

If you're not nailing your rotation and/or using HS too much, I think you'd see a drop off. If you've got HS and rotation down - as you get heroic gear for TG it seems to be competative - I but I don't remember where I saw the break down.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread