+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

Hi guys,

I was wondering what spec is better now arms or fury? And what is the difference, what spec is better for single target and which for trash? I recently was in a group with an arms warr with lesser gear but his dps and crits were much higher then mine.

i think their ceilings are pretty similar now, it's not as clear cut as in wotlk (where fury absolutely destroyed arms), in trash though it depends on how often trash spawns. Anything within a 1 minute timer is going to favor arms because of sweeping strikes and bladestorm, but the change to whirlwind helps fury out a bit more too. single target dps, I'd say is pretty comparable though from what I've seen, but I don't have any data against the tiptop dps warriors. maybe try stateofdps.com from what I see there, fury and arms dps is within 200 or so dps of each other in the 26.5-27k range.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Arms is probably slightly more useful. Council and Nef are the only H25 fights when looking at the top 200 parses where Fury is noticably better - Otherwise Arms is slightly ahead or like Maloriak and Halifus much better.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2723732#blog

So looking at the patch notes, the decrease from DW Spec talent from 10% to 5% seems like the only one affecting Fury. And then... not much in terms of priorities?

Are we finally going to get a patch where Fury priorities don't jump around? And can still assume that after the cap it's crit>hit>haste>mastery for SMF and crit>hit>mastery>haste for TG? (or is TG haste>mastery too?)
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    no matter how I end up modeling it, I keep ending up with a DPS cut point of ~16k. meaning if you are under that, haste is better, and if you are above it mastery is better. Please note that all of my models were using my own values of crit, and were assuming 2x heroic lavaspine.
    also because I am never fully confident in my ability to model things, I would say that the accuracy of my work is in the 80-85% range.

So basically long story short get mastery over haste.
    Logan, I am SMF and I still favor mastery over haste unless it's a significant difference in the ratings of the two. Also, from TGM's model when he worked out the dps that mastery overtakes haste, he was using dual heroic lava spines.

Quote Originally Posted by Crittable View Post
    Logan, I am SMF and I still favor mastery over haste unless it's a significant difference in the ratings of the two. Also, from TGM's model when he worked out the dps that mastery overtakes haste, he was using dual heroic lava spines.

As am I ;-) Theory crafting is always looking at top end. And the gear I have has so little mastery on it, that it does seem haste would naturally just move head (less than 6 right now - that might get as high as 8 if change reforging, but still pretty low).

hey whats up what is the cooldown time you use that show all your proc from talents and everthing

what add on r you useing for you battle tran proc and other procs

I use power auras. I currently use it for incite procs, battletrance procs, and to show when I have more than (x) rage.

showing rage w/ power auras

When using power auras how to you set it up to show when you have over (x) amount of rage?
    Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash

I could answer it better with it in front of me, but from memory there is a threshold bar. For SMF you can set it to pop up an icon when you have over 65 rage and for TG you do around 80 rage....I think you have to check a box to show the icon above a threshold but honestly I don't remember. The easiest way to test it is on the dummy because your white swings will get you to 100 rage in no time.

cool got it to work! thx!

U can try slamandawe if u need a good priority addon (include rage> x for HS)
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...lamandawe.aspx

p.s
    Yes, i know, i have bad english

I see many people go arms, has Arms DPS become so much better to DPS in now or what is it?

sow, any update in stats prio, rotation and talents with Firelands?

Quote Originally Posted by Helgebroed View Post
    sow, any update in stats prio, rotation and talents with Firelands?
    everything pretty much stayed the same for fury. look forward to the release of landsouls spread sheet later this week tho.

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    everything pretty much stayed the same for fury. look forward to the release of landsouls spread sheet later this week tho.
    Bout time! I'm not saying, I'm just saying.... =P

The Landsoul Spreadsheet is out now... It's in Beta and it really does a TON of calculations so don't worry if your excel seems like its locked up...

He has it on his coaching site.

How good is the tier 12 2-piece set bonus? I'm a little wary of it, primarily because battleshout triggers GCD so I don't normally use it every time it's up, and because I'm not in a rush to break my 4-piece T11 bonus. I'm thinking of spending valour points on all the other bits first (e.g. ring, neck etc).

I need help w/ BIS trinkets for fury warrior. Currently I have equipped LTS and Apparatus of Khaz'goroth. I also have Fury of Angerforge and Heart of Rage. Which are my best options? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread