+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

Relative value changes depending on certain soft caps based on a curve. For example: expertise is .90 of 1 str before reaching the soft cap but practically worthless after the cap. It's not to say it's as big of a curve for crit, it's still a curve. So before 20% the relative value of crit might be something like .68 of str but above 20% crit it's probably more like .60 making for a lesser value when calculating socket bonuses. I'm sure if you socket gems for +10 str bonuses it's very similar to gemming pure strength. Gemming for +10 crit bonus on the woe breaders boots however is a dps loss because 30 crit may be equivalent to 18str based on relative values at any crit level.

According to the guide Slam is part of our rotation but i've been seeing people say not to use it unless it procs. If this is true what do we do every 4th GCD of the rotation when both RB and BT are on CD if Slam hasn't proc'd? Are we supposed to wait until BT comes off CD and build rage while doing nothing for that GCD, use a filler/debuff such as Sunder or a shout, or what? And if we're doing that isn't it a dps loss not to use Slam even if it hasn't proc'd? I'm approaching this from a TG perspective btw.

Quote Originally Posted by leviticusx82 View Post
    According to the guide Slam is part of our rotation but i've been seeing people say not to use it unless it procs. If this is true what do we do every 4th GCD of the rotation when both RB and BT are on CD if Slam hasn't proc'd? Are we supposed to wait until BT comes off CD and build rage while doing nothing for that GCD, use a filler/debuff such as Sunder or a shout, or what? And if we're doing that isn't it a dps loss not to use Slam even if it hasn't proc'd? I'm approaching this from a TG perspective btw.
    No, because slam stops the swing timer. Causing you to loose rage, and damage from weapon swings.

From the guide:
    Slam = Implies using a Bloodsuge proc (Read: an Instant Slam, as opposed to hard casting slam)
    that line is located just before I lay out the rotation on a timescale.

Hard casting slam has never been a good idea for fury since the level 60 days (and that was only with very specific builds).

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

See alot of u talking about 20% crit, right now ive got 18.35crit 8.05 hit 15.15 mastery, 4.94 Haste and 8893 ap unbuffed, i think i have a few spare pieces like the belt from maloriak i could put on to increase my crit by very little and could buy fury of angerforge, to bump it up, i am SMF thats why my AP is a bit low, i was about 11000 duel wielding the maces from magmaw, anyway heres my armory would be awesome if someone would take a look at it and see if theres any improvements i could make, not into heroic modes yet, just downed normal nef this week.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wn/irox/simple

I dont have many of the top enchants but u can put the ones that would be best for me to look into getting first as my guild gets extra crystals that im able to use

Irox you should post these things in the Halp section. I think you could reforge the heart of rage into some more crit. You could get the expertise back from gear you reforged into mastery since crit>mastery.

yea sorry for posting here, guess just more warriors are here though hehe

and thats an awesome idea man thanks i over looked and didnt think of that

Edit: woot got it to 19.04 doing that and some minor tweeks

Problem is that that almost all tier 11 set items got haste. Is it that worth to get them because set bonuses, or better leave set bonus and take something with crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Razzos View Post
    Problem is that that almost all tier 11 set items got haste. Is it that worth to get them because set bonuses, or better leave set bonus and take something with crit?
    Yes the set bonuses are worth it.
    Take 4/5 set pieces excluding shoulders (take pauldrons of the great ettin), reforge haste into crit / mastery / expertise as needed.

I have a request for you TGM (or squats or anyone i guess), when we do get the whole 4.1 story on how to accurately spec and reforge would it trouble you to make a setup for the add-on Reforgenator?

I think wile set up correctly, this could be a vary useful recommendation in your guide. Well anyone's guide really, but its kind of the question on every wars mind who steps foot in here.

Right not the default is complete bs, but you can make your own profiles on it so setting one up and sharing it with ppl is no problem.
    Is everyone enjoying the Ca-tack-a-lisim? are you playing as a wor-gen? or a Goblin?

Quote Originally Posted by Fraya View Post
    I have a request for you TGM (or squats or anyone i guess), when we do get the whole 4.1 story on how to accurately spec and reforge would it trouble you to make a setup for the add-on Reforgenator?

I think wile set up correctly, this could be a vary useful recommendation in your guide. Well anyone's guide really, but its kind of the question on every wars mind who steps foot in here.

Right not the default is complete bs, but you can make your own profiles on it so setting one up and sharing it with ppl is no problem.
    Why would a profile on reforgenator be need? The spec will almost certainly be updated if changed (but I doubt it will be? 3/3 DW for TG, 3/3 Incite for SMF)... and reforging will be the same. Exp = 26, Hit = X. Crit > Mastery > hit. I don't think it's going to change.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

hit is pretty much guaranteed to be better than mastery in 4.1, except for fights with gimmicky raid damage like chimaeron. other than that, nothing changes

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    hit is pretty much guaranteed to be better than mastery in 4.1, except for fights with gimmicky raid damage like chimaeron. other than that, nothing changes
    If hit is now the 2nd stat, for TG, wouldn't incite 3/3 become standard since even though nerfed, you'll be hitting HS more, like in SMF? And if it's moving back to high hit builds there wouldn't be any difference in white damage since both SMF and TG should scale roughly the same with hit % if they're not keeping the same %? So it'd be the greater reliance on a weaken RB for TG and the execute phase that would still favor SMF?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

there is definitely some modeling that needs to be done to account for that.
    prior to the HS nerf (which was also the era of high hit builds), the last point in either incite or DW (for TG, I didn't do any modeling with SMF at the time) resulted in roughly the same DPS gain. The reason why we went 3/3 incite was because of the utility of sorts that you could have with controlling when you consume incite, such as using it to ensure you always have flurry during CS, which is something that is really hard to accurately model,

in 4.1 I have a feeling that 3/3 DW will still be better, simply because of how significant the HS nerf was, I just don't see it being comparable to the last point in DW, even with high amounts of it. I could definitely be wrong here though, as this is just my gut feeling with no actual testing being done.

-_- see... SEE! IM NOT CRAZY! o_O huh? wa? WHO said that?

Anyway, i asked for it mainly because if you look into the settings and configurations for the add-on they are actually quite detailed. We all know we need 26/26 exp and 8% Hit for soft cap and Crit is our main focus yada yada yada, but im seeing this as a more technical way of understanding how the stats work after a soft cap when the actual benefit from the stat begins to "curve" and others become more effective for dps gains. Like with how everyone was just talking about the benefits of Crit.

I may be wrong on this because I don't really get the whole theory crafting business, Im not a numbers guy, i just understand the basics. I just think this would be a easy way for someone like me who doesn't understand all those lil stat details to be able to utilize them in my reforging and hopefully get a better understanding myself of how it all works.

In other words it would let me "see how the sausage is made"

Maybe im flat out wrong and my thoughts on this are completely invalid or that add-on is completely worthless for what im suggesting, but that's why i asked here because i know some of you guys do get at least some of this theory crafting stuff.

/shrug
    Is everyone enjoying the Ca-tack-a-lisim? are you playing as a wor-gen? or a Goblin?

in general, the non-linear aspects of most stats work in relation to how much of other stats you have. while some stats have non linear aspects to them based on how much of that stat you have, those lines are so close to being linear that the increasing/decreasing returns is unnoticeable baring impossible amounts of that stat.

you are honestly better off just using simcraft and loading your particular gearset and using the EP values from that, as it will give you a much more accurate result than simply going off of some generalized values that I or anyone else may provide.

o, ok well thank you. Ill check it out.

=)

Armory me plz.....tell me what i can do the improve my deeps.....
    Character: Elvendragoon
    Realm: Lightning's Blade

TY in advance

You might want to just paste an armory link in the HALP! forum, it's where people will critique your personal armory =D

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by elvendragoon View Post
    Armory me plz.....tell me what i can do the improve my deeps.....
    Character: Elvendragoon
    Realm: Lightning's Blade

TY in advance
    You need better gems... as it stands you have several green gems in blue slots, you need to swap those out for +20 STR / +20 HIT where the socket bonus gives STR otherwise just plug in +40 str and ignore the socket bonus. As a rule, go for pure STR wherever the socket bonus isnt STR, so atm your helm, gloves and legs.
    You can benefit from some better enchants too; +50 str on your wrists (its a rare world-drop boe recipe), +50 str on your gloves, and +20 all stats on your chest.
    Im sure it goes without saying that you need a better weapon for your offhand... youve killed magmaw 14 times, cho'gall 11 times yet you only have 1 epic 2Her... Im guessing bad luck or heavy competition is to blame there, but what you can do in the meantime is either A) grind archaeology in the hope of getting a zin'rokh, or B) do 3 weeks of arenas for conquest points so you can buy a PvP 2Her... both options wont get you immediate gains, but the second one is guaranteed to pay off and requires the least amount of effort.

+ Reply to Thread