+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cataclysmic fury Warrior Guide

So my fury (off)set is now mostly heroic level gear and some rep epics, etc. I'm TG...but I can only seem to get ilvl333 weapons (I wouldn't roll against a DPS that needs oc, and my luck seems to be poor otherwise). I can easily swap to ilvl 346 SMF right now, and it looks like that would be better DPS, but do stat priorities shift then? I'm still stacking hit since my gear level doesn't really let me get to the point with crit and mastery to go that route, but does stat weighting change fundamentally with SMF?

Hello ,

I want to ask you something. What do u think about Berserking Ench for SMF spec? (im not sure it still gives same AP at lvl 85)

I asked this because of ; if i change my leg,feet and cloak with VP epics the difference is only around 80 str ( and same crit hit etc because of reforge)

I know landslide is best ench but thats really really expensive. And i think if AP > Haste for us , Berserking > Hurricane.

What do u think ?
    Last edited by Hungarde; 02-27-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungarde View Post
    Hello ,

I want to ask you something. What do u think about Berserking Ench for SMF spec? (im not sure it still gives same AP at lvl 85)

I asked this because of ; if i change my leg,feet and cloak with VP epics the difference is only around 80 str ( and same crit hit etc because of reforge)

I know landslide is best ench but thats really really expensive. And i think if AP > Haste for us , Berserking > Hurricane.

What do u think ?
    idk if the proc rate went down in the last 5 levels. my guess is that it did.

So seems like the fury guides are slwoing down. cant seem to find recent usefull infor anymore. Maybe most are going arms now idk. If anyone have the link to an updated fury guide pls let me know i keep checking here constantly but not much movement anymore. Best of luck and thanks

What isn't covered in the guides you've read that you need clarification on?

ok i got a querry,, i have tried both TG and SMF set ups and have not noticed much of a dps difference in them and my average dps in raids is 10-14k, do not get to raid as much as i like so a little unfamiliar witht he mechanics in most of the fights, ,

so this is my question what is the average dps of fury warriors on the Ascendant Council, i am pushing as hard as i can and only able to nail 7.4k dps,, of course yes i got the Heart of Fire buff basically everytime and was marked for the Chain lightning half the time, but still my dps should have higher and i know it,, one problem i was having was at start of fight on Ignacious i got a string of around 12-15 misses, and through out the fight all three phases i seemed to miss a lot,, first thought is my hit percent is low, had many in guild say that, i am sitting at 14.36% i know 15% would be nicer but from looking at my stats, 14.26% hit, 18.76%crit, 27 expertise, mastery to me is low at 13.76, and haste floating around 4% that is unbuffed during combat haste goes to 44% crit was around 29.89% hit was the same so was mastery, unbuffed AP is 9.3 i prefer using TG to SMF it just me got to loving it back in BC,,

so i guess what i am asking is what am i screwing up,, i know stats are good, and talents, rotations needs some tweaking but then my RB does not proc enough for the applied use of the guide here, any help on this would be more than appreciated, i got no one to ask this from in guild or on server, esp since i am the one they all go to for advice..

oh and on the berserking over hurricane,, i recommend it, the proc rate is the same so is its upkeep, to me get Landslide if able to afford the mats and weapons are worth spending the gold for the mats, if they are not then get berserking
    Last edited by Vladislaus; 03-02-2011 at 11:36 PM.

so..... I've been avoiding going DPS since 4.0, since I was very angry at how drastic the changes were to warrior dps. I just started messin around with fury again, and I realized Landsoul stopped updating his sheet? I've been using it since sunwell. : / What are you guys using now? Rawr?

BTW Vlad, Council is sooooooo RNG when it comes to dps that it's hard to say. Even if you never get lightning rod or frost beacon and were able to get every p2 debuff w/o any downtime on the boss (doubtful), there's still p1. P1 dps depends whether you tank the mobs together and how often you get the buffs. If you wanna see what kinda dps warriors can do when they get good luck on the fight, just check the WoL rankings.

If you're wondering how your dps compares to other warriors, I'd look at a different fight.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 03-03-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Basic Info
      • Damage 4615 – 5604
      • DPS 1533.5 / 958.4
      • Attack Power 9337
      • Speed 3.33 / 3.33
      • Haste 8.04%
      • Hit +7.51%
      • Crit 19.04%
      • Expertise 26 / 26
      • Mastery 15.04
    Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kamiell/simple

I have notcie that my dps in raids gets lower and lower with each change they make and i try to find ways to go arround it, atm im trying to get 2 1hander weaposn to go SMF since for what i have seen thats the better dps choice atm.

I have reforged and changed gems 4 or 5 times a day and testing in random heroics and in my guild weekly riads.

My dps in raids going from 23kish on boss fights now is about 16 to 17kish sometimes a bit more. as u can see my hit is arround 10% since thats about what i have seen ppl say is better to get rage flowing and my crit with BS gets to 21% but i still see dry runs with out flury to proc and im not sure if its low crit or low hit.

Mastery i have tested up and down cant seem to find a good number so decided to leave it at 15 for now and work on my crit. Haste cant say if its good or no now since when i test below the 8% i have i feel like it takes forever to get rage and i find myself with no rage.

My rotation is the one everyone here uses y only use HS when i have excess rage.

I normally look at TGM armory link to give me an idea on gems and chants and over all stats to see where im off or what to test but it seems he has changed name or (hope not) stop playing.

Found another guide that im reading at: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...473831?page=13

but i think its nothing like the TGM guides. I see change after change on fury wars and its gettign hard to keep up with all the changes and just wanted to know if ppl are feeling the same thing and just stoped for now till 4.1 hits or changed to Arms like alot of ppl in my server. But i wont give up trying to find the best stat balance with the gear i have and get to the top dps spots in my raids.

so if anyone sees my armory and sees something wrong or if anyone have new tips on how to improve i will apriciate it. Thanks all for your time and i hope my english wasnt to horrible XD

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaan View Post
    so..... I've been avoiding going DPS since 4.0, since I was very angry at how drastic the changes were to warrior dps. I just started messin around with fury again, and I realized Landsoul stopped updating his sheet? I've been using it since sunwell. : / What are you guys using now? Rawr?

BTW Vlad, Council is sooooooo RNG when it comes to dps that it's hard to say. Even if you never get lightning rod or frost beacon and were able to get every p2 debuff w/o any downtime on the boss (doubtful), there's still p1. P1 dps depends whether you tank the mobs together and how often you get the buffs. If you wanna see what kinda dps warriors can do when they get good luck on the fight, just check the WoL rankings.

If you're wondering how your dps compares to other warriors, I'd look at a different fight.
    Landsoul didn't stop updating his spreadsheet. It's in an unreleased alpha/beta stage. The changes are still coming and he wants to make sure it's as good as his Wrath version before releasing it (as of last time I checekd, last week).

Gearing for Fury generally is easeir than wrath.

Is it a higher item level? Yes -> Upgrade (generally, the pure strength increase is enough to overwhelm the other stats - and if it's poorly itemized, reforge the weakest stat first or the largest if it isn't mastery. So reforge to crit from expertise past 26 > haste > hit past 8% > mastery

Is it the same item level but better collection of stats? Yes -> Upgrade

Assuming you're still able to get to 8% (or more like 12% is my comfort zone) hit and 26 exp. Then:

Crit/Mastery
    Crit/(Hit/Expertise)
    Mastery/(Hit/Expertise)
    Crit/Haste
    Mastery/Haste
    (Hit/Expertise)/Haste

And the changes to Fury were signficant - and it's maddening that half our GCDs are proc-based (Slam and RB requiring an enrage - wish they'd up the enrage chance or make it something we can gear to) but when you can line things up...

Oh boy, a phase like Magmaw's exposed head with Trinket + Recklessnes + Deathwish + Pot + Colossus Smash + Hero -> HUGE numbers (though this will decrease a little in 4.1 with other numbers increasing).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I know the priorities. But with how gear works now, you want to pick the pieces that have the LEAST amount of crappy stats. There's hundreds of different ways to reforge/gem your gear, and it makes picking out the absolute BEST setup tricky (or at least time-consuming). I was just lookin for a quick and easy way to figure it out, lol. Not just with my current gear either, it's nice to be able to plug in all different pieces and see what the ideal setup would be.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 03-03-2011 at 01:11 AM.

@Kamiell - What I see - and I'm guilty of a few of these as well...

Head - Reforge the haste to mastery ASAP. Haste is the worst stat (outside of hit past 27% or expertise past 26)

Wrist: 2 things:
    A) Reforge the haste, not the hit, to crit.
    B) Gem Strength, not expertise. Another place where you've reforged to mastery, reforge to the expertise you need. - Essentilaly you'll be trading mastery for strength. You don't have a chance to trade rating for strength often. This is a good spot to do it.

Gloves - again - Gem strength, reforge to expertise elsewhere.

Belt - Maybe Squats or TGM will step in here - but 40 str may be greater than 20 str, 20 crit, and 10 hit give you're ~10.5% hit.

Legs - Haste to crit, not mastery. Gem strength. The haste socket bonus is not good at all.

Nova Band - if you're comfortable with rage, hit to mastery (or to expertise if you need it because of a trade off elsewhere) otherwise fine.

Gun - Reforge Mastery to Crit.

Gun enchants - I don't know the answer to this - is TC still considered range? If so the +range crit would be preferred, otherwise there isn't a gun enchant worth using as far as I know.

Are you on sunder duty (because there's no feral or rogue?) if so, I understand sunder and collossus smash, otherwise you could add utility glyphs here (no much choice though... I picked 2 that work well for heroics, VR as a major for the extra heals on killing blows in heroics and intimidating shout to prevent mobs from running all over if we're ever in a situation we need a couple extra seconds)
    Last edited by Loganisis; 03-03-2011 at 01:36 AM.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I know the priorities. But with how gear works now, you want to pick the pieces that have the LEAST amount of crappy stats. There's hundreds of different ways to reforge/gem your gear, and it makes picking out the absolute BEST setup tricky (or at least time-consuming). I was just lookin for a quick and easy way to figure it out, lol. Not just with my current gear either, it's nice to be able to plug in all different pieces and see what the ideal setup would be.
    The only time there's a real decision is if you're trying to reforge optimally for keeping expertise as close to 26 as possible. Other than that - there's not much decision making.

Higher item level, even with crappy itemization, it's almost certainly an upgrade (generally strength is 2x crit and crit > everything else). After that, if it's a lateral item level, it's just a matter of do you like the stats better.

There isn't anything like ArP where you're trying to balance it. It's a lot more straight forward, at least to me.

It's about min/maxing without having to do all the work myself, lol. The gear I'm wearing currently, I had to reforge several pieces back and forth a few times to get my hit to exactly 600 (which gives me exactly 8.00%), expertise to 26 exactly, and maximizing the rest of the stats. Having to do that every time I get a new piece of gear or two is a hassle. Using a spreadsheet makes things a lot easier for me, and I enjoy using them since I can plug in other pieces of gear I don't have (but might soon get).

I guess I'll just use rawr. : /

ok so that fight is just a bad layout for a melee,, still feel there was something i hould have been doing better,, i am linking my armory page incase anyone knows something i need to change, i know i need better weapons but alas best i have seen drop other than crafting the mace with the same stats but slower speed,,
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...afslaus/simple
    hope link works properly,, if need like mnetioned earleri on ysondre server alliance faction Vlädīslaus is character using those accents and such
    on difference i have noted from armory to in-game stats is it does not account for my spec bonus of the 3% hit of course you all being fellow warriors know that and it shows my AP off somewhat

Ah. Gotcha. Yeah, that micro-managed last few points.

Vlad - Start a thread in the Halp! forum. I forgot this was TGM's guide when I responded earlier to Kamiell.

I guess I'll just use rawr. : /
    RAWR isnt functional for fury yet - or at least it wasnt last week...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Erkebrand/advanced

Try using chardev.org for playing with your gear and stat balances.

@Legonasis Thank you i have made the changes and will be testing all day and on my next raid lost alot of mastery and haste but got more crit and STR

thank you for the help

I can change my boots to Threads of Savage Beatings which have been sitting in my ban k for long now but i will loosee.7% haste more is there a haste lvl i should not go under or it dont matter no more? it would put me at 6.17% haste i i change but will give me .5 more mastery .7 if i put same chant on it.
    Last edited by Kamiell; 03-03-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Haste is the worst rating outside of hit past 27% or expertise above 26.

You want Hit to 8% > Exp to 26 > Crit > Mastery > hit past 8% > haste. If you can have 0.00% haste, you're in great shape.

+ Reply to Thread